What are you playing?

Yes, they announced it something like a year ago and are only around halfway through translation. It's not even a long game. :(

Every MangaGamer project has one translator. It's not that they're focusing more on specific projects, since each project pretty much has an equal amount of manpower attached to it. However, almost all of their staff are amateurs who are contracted out and work on their own time while still maintaining day jobs. Seems like the BokuTen translator isn't finding much time to translate.

Translator was busy with different project not so long ago. It was Eden iirc.

Reached chapter 4 of Chaos;Head. Thing is finally starting to move. And honestly, I think the protagonist isn't as annoying as people make it out to be. -_-

Quick question: Is the game not 100% translated? Most of the things in glossary aren't translated, some images aren't translated (thankfully I know what 「その目だれの目?」 means, I'm so proud of myself), and the title of chapter 3 isn't translated either. Did I get the wrong release or something?

I got it from my friend btw, so I don't know where he got it from. I'm sure it's not from fuwa though.

The protag wasn't annoying for me. But I could see that it won't be hard for people to dislike him, especially for people who aren't deep into vns and stuff. I wanted to warn people beforehand just so that they know what the protag is like, and they don't have some expectations of him only to be shattered after seeing him.

The only things I felt a bit annoying was how he treated his sister at the start and how he fears even asking the shopkeeper for a simple thing, which results in making the scene unnecessarily long. These situations were somewhat rare and overall I had no problems with Takumi.

Yeah some parts of the vn are not translated. That's majorly the glossary and some chapter names. I too would have liked to read the glossary(I read all of them in Steins;Gate).

I've recently started playing Irotoridori no Sekai. I had read chapter 1 a few months ago but put it on hold, I think now it's really time I start to actually read stuff in japanese. Read through chapter 2, 3 and 4 in the last few days. For the record I haven't played HoshiMemo (dropped it after an hour or two), but this one seem to be highly praised so...

I really dig the game so far. The backgrounds are simply incredibly beautiful, and they even change the color palette when they go to other worlds (not gonna say more to avoid spoilers). The music is soothing. It establishes a great atmosphere.

The story also looks very interesting. I really hope there's gonna be a heavy focus on

exploring all the other worlds to find this "World of the End" they're looking for

What I dread is the school romcom. As often, it's so bog standard automatic writing that it hurts. Having to read through that slowly due to loljp is pretty hard...

I'm also a bit surprised about how glib the main character is about his situation. But well.

Finished the... uh, which chapter was it now? Fifth chapter in Senshinkan? The one before they go break through the fourth layer. Not much happening here other than Yoshia being an awesome all-purpose MC as always. It's nice to have a MC that can get things done, but this doesn't seem like the best option either. Well, it's just a minor complaint, considering his father, it's probably only natural. :)

Looking forward to the fourth layer breakthrough, not looking forward to the fainting. :D

Also, please tell me Amakasu isn't just future-Yoshia? Maybe I'm crazy, but they look awfully similar.

those who also like utsuges & stuff should perhaps give it a try

Noted. :)

The only things I felt a bit annoying was how he treated his sister at the start and how he fears even asking the shopkeeper for a simple thing, which results in making the scene unnecessarily long. These situations were somewhat rare and overall I had no problems with Takumi.

I also didn't like his treatment of his sister much, but as you said that's only a problem at the beginning of the story - plus I much preferred that over a weird siscon obsession, since this felt much more natural. As for the shopkeeper and similar scenes... I could not only understand it, but I could even relate to a certain degree. :x That probably made me like the protagonist the most... :D;

I also didn't like his treatment of his sister much, but as you said that's only a problem at the beginning of the story - plus I much preferred that over a weird siscon obsession, since this felt much more natural. As for the shopkeeper and similar scenes... I could not only understand it, but I could even relate to a certain degree. :x That probably made me like the protagonist the most... :D;

Back when I was younger I was somewhat like that. Though I didn't fear it, I preferred to do things without having to ask around much. But still if I couldn't get what I wanted easily enough I did ask. Now on the other hand ........... well I have changed, not to mention that I was pretty much a kid back then.

Chaos;Head's protag is not annoying or bad in any way. It's just how he views the world. And his problem of talking to other people is not a new phenomenon, it's a real and serious problem a lot of people suffer from. Moreover, his sister is more dear to him than what first appears.

The protag wasn't annoying for me. But I could see that it won't be hard for people to dislike him, especially for people who aren't deep into vns and stuff. I wanted to warn people beforehand just so that they know what the protag is like, and they don't have some expectations of him only to be shattered after seeing him.

The only things I felt a bit annoying was how he treated his sister at the start and how he fears even asking the shopkeeper for a simple thing, which results in making the scene unnecessarily long. These situations were somewhat rare and overall I had no problems with Takumi.

Yeah some parts of the vn are not translated. That's majorly the glossary and some chapter names. I too would have liked to read the glossary(I read all of them in Steins;Gate).

I actually did that pretty often. Which is why I didn't find him annoying.

When I said I can somewhat relate to him, it meant that I was a bit (just a bit) similar to him. Never mind a shop, there was a time when  I was standing in front of my friend's house for about half an hour, deciding if I should call him or not. In the end, I didn't and decided to go home. Because I was too scared.

I also read all of the them in Steins;Gate. It was really interesting

Nanami sounds really cute when she shouts "Go die!" btw.

Reached chapter 5. Yet another untranslated title -_- And I forgot to take a screenshot to look up the meaning later. Ugh.

I'm sure this will be an important thing later on but

Which one is a delusion and which one isn't?!

No, you don't need to answer that. It's just... what the hell. Seeing Rimi changes her clothes with lightning speed was really weird. Though seeing her wearing her underwear was kinda :makina:

Reached chapter 5. Yet another untranslated title -_- And I forgot to take a screenshot to look up the meaning later. Ugh.

I'm sure this will be an important thing later on but

Which one is a delusion and which one isn't?!

No, you don't need to answer that. It's just... what the hell. Seeing Rimi changes her clothes with lightning speed was really weird. Though seeing her wearing her underwear was kinda :makina:

If you do look around for all those chapter titles, send them to me also.

As for what's a delusion and what's not. It's a majorly used plot device in the later parts of the vn. All those 'signs' which told you before hand that it's a delusion are slowly removed. And even the green and red triggers sometimes don't have delusions, and sometimes the normal way(not clicking on trigger) shows a delusion. In short you have no idea whether it a delusion or not beforehand, now you can truly understand how deeply the delusions actually affect Takumi. And in the later parts of C;H nothing really seems that impossible as everything is pretty crazy, so what you would have generally taken as a delusion might as well be the reality.

This is one of the best things in the game. The ingenuity of those triggers is fully used in these situations.

Re-reading KonoSora because Vokoca's comments about it a few days ago made me want to re-experience this masterpiece of a vn

oh Kotori  :sachi:

I have the VN installed, I'll go read Kotori's route asap I swear. ;_; Well, I'll have to go through the common route again too, though I forgot most of it anyway, so the character antics should be fun.

All this talk about C;H is giving me serious urges to go read the Noah version of the VN, though... I'm up to a re-read, and I'm very curious about the routes too... the only problem is that the kanji will most likely wreck me on the Vita, assuming the game still is in my PS+ library. No idea when they deny you access to the past PS+ games on the JPN PSN, but they let you use them much longer than on the EU one for sure.

EDIT: Oh, it still is in my download list. And that VN was on PS+ on Christmas 2013... o.O Major props to Japan, this is how you do PS+ @@ Well, I guess I'm reading C;H on the side now too. :D

I have the VN installed, I'll go read Kotori's route asap I swear. ;_; Well, I'll have to go through the common route again too, though I forgot most of it anyway, so the character antics should be fun.

Please keep in mind I'm reading the japanese version with an english language patch. Despite the numerous spelling and syntax errors it's still way better than Moenovel's 'translation'. I hope Moenovel didn't butcher her route as hard as they did with Ageha...

Please keep in mind I'm reading the japanese version with an english language patch. Despite the numerous spelling and syntax errors it's still way better than Moenovel's 'translation'. I hope Moenovel didn't butcher her route as hard as they did with Ageha...

I will be reading it in Japanese this time around, to get the VN without any alterations. I'm not touching MoeNovel's stuff ever again. :x

All this talk about C;H is giving me serious urges to go read the Noah version of the VN, though... I'm up to a re-read, and I'm very curious about the routes too... the only problem is that the kanji will most likely wreck me on the Vita, assuming the game still is in my PS+ library. No idea when they deny you access to the past PS+ games on the JPN PSN, but they let you use them much longer than on the EU one for sure.

EDIT: Oh, it still is in my download list. And that VN was on PS+ on Christmas 2013... o.O Major props to Japan, this is how you do PS+ @@ Well, I guess I'm reading C;H on the side now too. :D

C;H Noah was simply a re-release or did it have any extra content ?

C;H Noah was simply a re-release or did it have any extra content ?

It supposedly has routes. You guys got me so hyped that I started reading it right now; I'll let you know if there's any extra content or not. I honestly can't imagine how routes would even work in this context.

EDIT: Got to the first trigger in the game, and wow, at the very least, they made them super obvious this time around - it goes over the entire screen. Not missing them this time around. :D

EDIT2: Wow, forgot how disgusting and awkward Takumi can be at times. When he started talking to Yua in his MMO-persona-chat-speak, I was stuck somewhere between laughing really hard and screaming in secondhand embarrassment. :D You really don't see this often, C;H deserves props for this alone - though yeah, with my memory refreshed, I can easily see why people would hate him. I still enjoy it a lot myself, though - I'll take Takumi over a faceless or boring MC any day. 

Just finished the Fate route in Fate/Stay Night.  Definitely a good read, though I'm still not a fan of the text completely covering the art like that.  Bittersweet ending there, though it didn't hit me as hard as Steins;Gate did before I figured out how to unlock the true ending.  Probably going to start Unlimited Blade Works tomorrow, but I need some sleep first.  Er...  I guess I mean I'll start later today since it's 6:00 AM already.  Yeah, definitely need some sleep...

I managed to clear a lot of backlog over the weekend =D.

I finished Symphonic Rain, Amane's route in Grisaia, Rose Guns Days Season 2 and Shikkoku no Sharnoth. All were good.

Slowly going to work on Sachi's route in Grisaia and Ef during my breaks from assignments between now and reading week.

Yay 200th post!

I've decided I'm going to read either Ayakashibito or Cho Dengeki Stryker it will come down to a coin toss on which one I read. I've read the first Dengeki Stryker game does anyone know exactly what is new or where Cho diverges or am I gonna have to re-read the entire thing?

I've decided I'm going to read either Ayakashibito or Cho Dengeki Stryker it will come down to a coin toss on which one I read. I've read the first Dengeki Stryker game does anyone know exactly what is new or where Cho diverges or am I gonna have to re-read the entire thing?

Fuwareviews got your back.

Haven't read CDS myself but Ayakashibito surprised me by how good it was, compared to what I expected. Definitely a solid choice in any case.