What are you playing?

Glad I'm not the only one who got rekted, thought it was only me .___.".

Has anyone actually passed Fal's piece out of curiosity?

I started Symphonic Rain two days ago while procrastinating and increasing my never ending backlog. Everyone is so cute, how am I suppose to choose best girl!!!! D:

Almost done with Ayakashibito. Every single route so far has been great hopefully it stays that way with Suzu. After that its Koenchu! which I started reading already. Once x-mas comes and I get some cash its going to savings, new figure collection, and a whole bunch of physical VN's. Hopefully I can still pick up the Grisaia trilogy pack before it goes away.

Finished Fal's route for Symphonic Rain

Misc. Thoughts/Ramblings(spoilers)

General thoughts

• Symphonic Rain = 2004, so it's the oldest VN I've read to date. I'm one of those spoiled people who are all about 720p HD beautiful visuals and whatnot, but surprisingly there was this charm to Symphonic Rain's art so I settled down pretty quickly.
  • The blinking eyes was also a nice gimmick that helps the sprites feel more alive rather than static.
  • I miss the whole "continue having voice playback even whe skipping to the next line" function though :P
  • Okay, I forgot to add "Group of Friends" in my requirements for my Recommendations thread... Going off of HoshiMemo, I wanted to read another VN that had a common route full of character interactions and goodies, but unfortunately for Symphonic Rain you basically trash everybody else pretty early on for one heroine.
  • That being said, once I got it out of my system that there wouldn't be any character interactions (at best you get Torta and Fal saying "hi" to each other and that's all xD) I was able to immerse myself better.
  • F#%$ Fal's piece. Ridiculously hard (even on easy mode)!! Overall though the rhythm minigame was quite fun to play.

Fal thoughts

• Not gonna lie, I felt like scum having to abandon Arietta for Fal. One thing I wish though would be to be able to actually read what Chris was writing to her. So we could see both his thoughts and what he writes to her... but nope. Her final letter suggesting they break up hurt. A LOT.
  • Overall the route was pretty slow-paced. Practice, hang out and get to know each other better, more practice, repeat for a few weeks until the big climax. I was caught pretty off guard because of the slow pace though >.>
  • Speaking of the big climax, I remember commenting that Fal was a master of the Batman Gambit and that I liked how she was able to manipulate Chris into doing what she wanted (I even created a save and flat out rejected her during the scene where you have to choose whether to eat lunch with Fal or lunch with Torta in order to spite her 'fool proof' plan and see her reaction  :P)
  • Though once I realized the truth behind her manipulative ways my world came crashing down. I seriously was like "OH HELL NAAAW!!!!" cuz man, I was totally suckered in by her charms just like Chris. I thought she was perfect. Diligent. Epitome of a hard worker. Well, technically she is, but she lacks the integrity that is commonly associated with a typical hard worker with her "use or be used" philosophy.
  • Felt totally creeped out on her interactions with normal people afterwards now that you know it's all a facade (ie. her politeness and smiling when talking to Cordell-sensei before the graduation recital). Like I felt REALLY creeped out xD. It's all an act!@# How did I not realize sooner!@#
  • And so I totally just bailed and chose "I can't" in the end. So Chris could maybe patch things up with Arietta and move on with his life. I totally agree with his closing monologue statement of "A relationship based on using others and being used yourself. It was the saddest thing I could imagine".
  • This seems to be a major theme of this VN; I faintly remember Chris having a small fight with Phorni when she said "You can't do anything without me" which she later rephrases to "What would you do without me" after they make up. #themes
  • 'I can't' would be my 'canon' choice. But of course after the abrupt unsatisfying ending I had to reload a save and choose "I will come with you".... and I just had to laugh at Chris's "She was so wretched, yet so beautiful" comment. Dammit Chris, you're being used, but the 'doesn't matter, had sex' rule is too stronk huh xD. But I gotta agree... Fal's pretty~ ... pretty ugly.
  • Probably the thing that bothers me the most though is that Chris essentially ditched Arietta for this... manipulative witch :P
  • At least Fal's feelings towards Chris seem genuine(for as long as he is of use to her, of course. In this case it seems to be for the rest of their lives luckily). The scene where she rips off the wings of her pendant to give to Chris symbolizing w/e was a nice touch that at least made me feel better about the future of those two.

Looking forward to Lise's route. Though, after experiencing Fal I think I'll keep my guard up for any twists  :ph34r: 

Wait ..... am I missing something. I don't remember there being any reference to Takumi in S;G. There are references to the Shibuya earthquake one year ago, and well Phantasm is literally all over the place, but haven't seen anything about Takumi. (I haven't finished it yet so I might not have reached there, if so no spoilers pls)

Chapter 6 - definitely one of the best chapters. It actually felt a bit like C;H in the sense that Mayuri keeps dieing like the delusions Takumi used to have, where he keeps trying to die but it turns out to be delusion everytime. Everything before was the comedy/light-hearted part, and you could say that the major part started in this chapter. The sight of Mayuri dieing again and again set the atmosphere and well the feels started to come in. 

Nearly finished Fate/Hollow Ataraxia. Just got a few bonus scenes to reach 100% completion. Took a while to get used to NVL text boxes and lack of voice acting, after reading so many VNs with ADV text boxes and voice acting recently. But I really, really liked it. As much as the original even. It goes without saying the comedy is better in this, so that's one point in it's favour. And while the serious stuff isn't as long or "deep", it was pretty good in it's own right. Plenty of badass moments, and the ending was amazing. Right at the end when

the monsters that stuck past the other 6 servants where about to climb the tower, and Saber was waiting there to stop them was one of my fav moments in either VN. It's hard to do it justice in text like this, but even though I saw it coming it still gave me chills. The build-up, music and dialogue were excellent.

So finals' season is coming to a close and I finally have enough time to post here again.

A while ago I started playing Majikoi, but then I stopped because I want to wait for the full patch.

I only played Chris's route but here are my impressions so far.

The Story:

Prologue: 

Let me start by saying this: this is the best common route I've ever played in a VN, beating even Grisaia no Kajitsu. It had the right amount of comedy, more serious moments, foreshadowing for the routes and just amazing pacing in general. It helps that every character is likable as well, but I'll get to that later.

The one thing that really sets apart this prologue from other VNs is how they introduced so many characters (at least 30 off the top of my head) and then took their time to flesh out every single one of them. Stuff like Hideo's talk with Gakuto about Wanko, Gen-san and Kyojin-sensei's relationship really added a complete feel to the world the characters live in. As for what actually happens, the inclusion of Chris and Mayucchi into the group is well done: it doesn't feel too fast or unnatural. I also really liked the little hints they kept dropping of something bigger behind the scenes, like with that Ryuhei guy who I have no idea of who he is yet.

If I have to say, the matches between Yamato and Touma were my favorite part. I really enjoy psychological battles like that.

10/10 for the prologue.