What are you playing?

Still on Kagome's route in Comyu, but man, it's definitely my favorite.  Spoilers, as always, so read if ye dare.

Right now Akihito and his coμ are teaming up with Gasai, Yoruko and Touri to take out Hisoka and Nomad after she went on a blood-crazed rampage. Having Gasai fight with Akihito just feels...right. Can't exactly explain why, but it does. If Akihito ends up becoming Gasai's right-hand man, I think I'd be okay with that.

Also loving the Touri fight scenes. Really wish I'd seen more of those. Her abilities are just so interesting, and she's frightening simply because you just don't know what she's fully capable of. She's mysterious and deadly. Really disliked that she got an h-scene, though, it felt shoehorned in and, IMO, was detrimental to her character. She's supposed to be terrifying, deadly, and pitiless, and her h-scene just felt...wrong. I felt the "rape" bit was also a mistake to include, it just made me dislike Akihito more, even though it wasn't really rape.

I'm also really digging how they made Nomad change from Hisoka's route.  Having the lance turn into a whip was a great idea.  At first I was like, "Wait...what?  A...whip?  But...short-ranged avatars...shouldn't have whips...", but then the bit with the drug was explained, and it's implied that Nomad became even more powerful than in Hisoka's route through leveling up, so I became okay with it.  Right now, I'm more on edge than I was with the fight against Jack the Ripper.

Still on Kagome's route in Comyu, but man, it's definitely my favorite.  Spoilers, as always, so read if ye dare.

Right now Akihito and his coμ are teaming up with Gasai, Yoruko and Touri to take out Hisoka and Nomad after she went on a blood-crazed rampage. Having Gasai fight with Akihito just feels...right. Can't exactly explain why, but it does. If Akihito ends up becoming Gasai's right-hand man, I think I'd be okay with that.

Also loving the Touri fight scenes. Really wish I'd seen more of those. Her abilities are just so interesting, and she's frightening simply because you just don't know what she's fully capable of. She's mysterious and deadly. Really disliked that she got an h-scene, though, it felt shoehorned in and, IMO, was detrimental to her character. She's supposed to be terrifying, deadly, and pitiless, and her h-scene just felt...wrong. I felt the "rape" bit was also a mistake to include, it just made me dislike Akihito more, even though it wasn't really rape.

I'm also really digging how they made Nomad change from Hisoka's route.  Having the lance turn into a whip was a great idea.  At first I was like, "Wait...what?  A...whip?  But...short-ranged avatars...shouldn't have whips...", but then the bit with the drug was explained, and it's implied that Nomad became even more powerful than in Hisoka's route through leveling up, so I became okay with it.  Right now, I'm more on edge than I was with the fight against Jack the Ripper.

Oh good, really good, if you enjoyed so far, trust me, you'll enjoy till the end.

Oh good, really good, if you enjoyed so far, trust me, you'll enjoy till the end.

Well, that's good news.  I thought I'd enjoy Michiru's route, so I've been a little unsure of myself since then.  It's nice to hear someone else's input.

And the origin of Sting is revealed. 

Hate to be

that guy, but I guessed that Kagome was controlling Sting a while ago. It's like a knife and it always seems to protect Akihito, and I thought it was odd that Kagome didn't have an avatar. So...yeah. Not too surprising for me.

Eclipsed's HoshiMemo pt. V

Played through Chinami's route.

Misc. thoughts/comments(spoilers)

• Maid Chinami ftw~
  • Mare's only purpose this time around was to break the whatever-the-device-is-called instead of reaping a heroine's nightmare xD (btw she never got to play with it after it was fixed!@#)
  • The folktale about the 'Reaper of Love' and the couple turning out to be Ren and Kasumi x Chinami's dad was a nice little connection. You's dad being the teacher of the school + director of the planetarium(and consequently the one who gave Isuzu the telescope&key to the roof) was a nice connection too. So many connections!!! Connections overload~
  • Speaking of You's dad, the revelation that he was the teacher + director this whole time got me good. I was always wondering what was up with his character sounding so important yet not having a sprite or any screen time >.>
  • Ren's also intriguing. I can totally imagine Taiga + Ren being the future versions of You + Mare..
  • I skipped through Chinami's H-scenes >< felt too awk for me (though I did make sure to skim through the dialogue)
  • I felt cheesed at the end when the story decided to cut to the credits right when You and Chinami are about to go meet You's dad, but what can ya do :P.

Looks like I'm ready for mystery girl (Yume's) route :D
VyRz4cQ.png

Btw, I still have some trouble understanding the timeline of the events

1. Kasumi + Chinami's dad fall in love

2. Chinami's dad terminally ill, wishes Ren to make Kasumi forget him

3. Kasumi forgets him and moves on; falls in love with You's dad

4. You is born, You's dad finds out about what Ren did to Kasumi + Chinami's dad

5. You's dad bails to reunite Kasumi + Chinami's dad, makes Ren promise to look over Chinami

6. Chinami is born, Chinami's dad dies

7. Kasumi raises You + Chinami on her own, dies

8. Shino takes in You + Chinami, begin Hoshizora no Memoria.

something like this?

Btw, I still have some trouble understanding the timeline of the events

1. Kasumi + Chinami's dad fall in love

2. Chinami's dad terminally ill, wishes Ren to make Kasumi forget him

3. Kasumi forgets him and moves on; falls in love with You's dad

4. You is born, You's dad finds out about what Ren did to Kasumi + Chinami's dad

5. You's dad bails to reunite Kasumi + Chinami's dad, makes Ren promise to look over Chinami

6. Chinami is born, Chinami's dad dies

7. Kasumi raises You + Chinami on her own, dies

8. Shino takes in You + Chinami, begin Hoshizora no Memoria.

something like this?

You don't have any trouble at all, that is exactly what happened.

Now prepare to add a few more things to that list.

I finished Grisaia recently...ended up loving every route except for Makina's which while not bad was just the most underwhelming of all the routes in my opinion (the backstory for the MC was great though). Still a great game and fully intend to help kickstart the trilogy. Easily in my top 5 now.

With Grisaia done I just started Comyu and it's intriguing so far but I'm not close to invested in any of it yet? Any suggestions for a route order or just go with the flow?

I think it's been nearly a month since I played a VN.

Several months since I completed one.

Anyway, hopefully I'll buy the Danganronpa games(and rebuy Virtue's Last Reward) someday for my Vita. Started saving up for the $90 I need. Got to convince my father to let me import games, though. To do which I'll probably need to raise my grades.

...Fuck.

Just finished Tomoyo After ~It's a Wonderful Life~. It's also a Key title, no doubt about it.

Which leads me to question, who the bloody hell thought "Wonderful Life" described what happened here in any sodding way? Was there one person who didn't need to go through ounces of strife?

Maybe a couple of them got good endings, but I can hardly call the true one that.

I've still got tears in my eyes while I'm writing this, mind you, so no lies here.

Just passed a major revelation in Comyu...

Rondo is a coμ hunter, and is slowly turning into an unfeeling psychopath every time she levels up. Can't say I saw that twist coming; it was obvious that she hated Gasai/Cesar, but I didn't think it was enough for her to start killing beginners. Jesus, that was a shocker.

Just passed a major revelation in Comyu...

Rondo is a coμ hunter, and is slowly turning into an unfeeling psychopath every time she levels up. Can't say I saw that twist coming; it was obvious that she hated Gasai/Cesar, but I didn't think it was enough for her to start killing beginners. Jesus, that was a shocker.

Hisoka Route?

Are you playing it untranslated or playing the same bit that is translated?

I can read japanese so untranslated

Must make you boil from jealousy, ne? Jabby-chan?

Also, finished Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works again.

Finally got what's missing from both my CG gallery in Fate and UBW.

I didn't know Sakura's afterschool CG counted in their gallery.

Totally forgot about Rin's CG when at Sakura's house and another CG while she's sleeping.

Good thing I go and get all bad endings after a route.

Now, off to play Heaven's Feel!

Also,

best route has best OP.

Must make you boil from jealousy, ne? Jabby-chan?

Also, finished Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works again.

Finally got what's missing from both my CG gallery in Fate and UBW.

I didn't know Sakura's afterschool CG counted in their gallery.

Totally forgot about Rin's CG when at Sakura's house and another CG while she's sleeping.

Good thing I go and get all bad endings after a route.

Now, off to play Heaven's Feel!

Also,

best route has best OP.

N-No, I'm definitely not boiling in a proverbial pot of rage.....

I finished part one of Higanbana in a few days and also G-Senjou no Maou after starting it a year and a half ago.

G-Senjou...Chapter 5 and epilogue broke me...all the snowing made it even worse especially when it's winter season atm.

Going to be starting Forest after my exam in three weeks and I'll be catching up on other VN's in between breaks while studying.