What are you playing?

Yeah, Killer Queen is far away from horrible but I agree it's nothing special either. Maybe it helps a bit that I didn't really expect it to be great anyway, but went in with a pretty open mind.

I thought Ayakashibito was a bit too long for what it wanted to deliver, its really long...I also took so many breaks from it, almost after every route. But I always got back to it after a while, and now I finally finished it! If it was a bit shorter on the school life stuff it would've kept me hooked probably. There were some characters that were pretty nice and gave you feels though. Also if you like good fights and some supernatural stuff you should definitely check it out. The story is pretty interesting and every route has a lot of new content and different turn of events. My rating was 8/10 (I guess it will probably drop a bit in time because the feelings of the last route I read are still there atm but will probably disappear in a while, lol).

I really enjoyed the first episode. Really hit the spot, I seem to like that kind of thing. Protagonist was wonderful for me and the sappiness with the girl was great too.

I haven-t started episode 2, mostly because I fear things may get serious in this one, and that leads to my reduced enjoyment, unfortunately.

Pretty much finished Kisaya's route in Harukoi Otome (haven't played the post credits epilogue); the payoff at the end was good enough but the buildup had so many annoying cliches. Started Ayaka's route; it's been good so far as the interactions between her Akihito have been, though I'm worrying that this game is going to give me another "heroine's annoying interfering friend" :unsure: By all known divinities, I hate that trope :angry:

Alright, so I just finished all that I'm going to play of Never 7. That being the five main routes (Yuka, Haruka, Saki, Kurumi, and Izumi Cure A.)

It was alright, really just kind of middle of the road for me. Worth reading, sure, but there was nothing in there that really drew me in that deep. 

I have no idea where I should go next, though. Kamidori is still on hold as I just don't really have any drive to play that right now. What I'm really craving is playing Majikoi again, but I want to wait until the patch is out (even if its going to take awhile.) I've just had Miyako on the brain lately, and would really like to play a VN with her or an extremely similar character in it.

I guess until then I'll slip back into Persona 3, it's actually been on hold for way longer than I meant it to be now. Unless I find something else that can distract me.

I actually downloaded Comyu, but my antivirus was not happy with that at all. Like, it's not really ever happy with my VN habits, but this time it just straight up said there were trojan horses in there and I'm terrible with computers so it scared me off. 

now playing   cartagra affliction of the soul :wub: gorgeous art !!!!  and   plot  so good    and       Kara no Shoujo(blind playing witout   walkthrough) :rolleyes:

later i will play    Higurashi - When They Cry    and   legendary    Saya no Uta  :wub: 

Is Kira*Kira readable?

The novel looks like kinda neat, but this no-box-just-text-all-over-the-screen-thing seems a bit chaotic and messy.   

Finished AA Dual Destinies' DLC episode.

There were quite a few good twists towards the end. However, it wasn't all that good overall. 

The history exam tomorrow never bothered me anyway

I'll probably just watch this case online then. I'm not willing to get 20 bucks of nintendo-money just to read a 5 euro dlc, especially if it's not worth it.

Is Kira*Kira readable?

The novel looks like kinda neat, but this no-box-just-text-all-over-the-screen-thing seems a bit chaotic and messy.   

Yeah, it's absolutely readable. That's called the NVL (novel) format and a lot of games used to use it, although it's less popular now. Other notable games that use it are everything from Type-Moon (Fate/Stay Night) and 07th Expansion (Higurashi), as well as Saya no Uta and a bunch of other popular games. Sometimes games just use it for segments, like Grisaia no Kajitsu during the flashbacks and Rewrite during the entire final route. The standard text box format you're familiar with is referred to as the ADV (adventure) format.

The benefit is that you're able to give long strings of unbroken narrative, which for the games and game segments I just mentioned is pretty important. It improves the reading experience during those long narrative segments. The downside is that the art is less visible, although you can always get rid of the text to get an unobstructed view of the art. For Kira Kira, I'd say that it probably didn't need to be NVL, and I'm not entirely sure why they went that way, but it's not any less readable because of it. I would also recommend Kira Kira, it's pretty good.

Well visual novel wise, I'm working on Killer Queen O w O god It reminds me so much of the 999 nines series. It's very good I love it thus far ^_^

And lately on my PSVITA I'm playing Freedom wars, which is a great game to be honest one of the best RPG's on my vita. Great character customization, weapon selection and story :)

Picked up TIME TRAVELERS since it was free on PS+. Haven't played much of it yet, but as for the first impressions... this thing is amazing! I was a bit iffy at the idea of a 3D VN at first, but the constant cutscenes really do TIME TRAVELERS a great service. The voice acting is top notch too, and that music! The main theme is amazing... is this what happens when you give someone a too big budget for a VN? :o

The most impressive thing so far, though, is the VN's structure. I've really liked VLR's integrated flowchart - and this is like VLR on steroids. So you thought being able to jump along a flowchart was cool? Well, how about mixing multiple character-perspectives into that flowchart? And better yet, how about making decisions you make as one character affect the fate of the others? Amazing! I'm afraid they will take the cheap way out and keep it really linear either way, but who knows.

Playing Akagoei. 2 routes in (Tsukis and Taes) and man, I had heard legends about Kinugasa's inability to end things, but he SERIOUSLY cannot end anything.

At least you can tell yourself it is not as bad as Reminiscence's unsatisfying endings. :P

But yeah, the endings are really sudden. I actually liked how Tsuki's route ended, since it seemed like a good place to cut it before it devolved into a boring epilogue, but it definitely is not a great thing either. The good news is that the AkaGoei 1 heroines at least have fan-disc epilogues. Something the ones in AkaGoei 2 don't have. :x

I uh, can't agree. Tsuki's route ended basically just.. as everything started! I was so dumbfounded that I just had to get up and walk away for a few minutes as the credits rolled. They could have expanded that so much, but instead EVERYTHING is tossed into maybe an hour of reading and then ended. It's.. absurd beyond absurd. Tae's isn't nearly as bad, but still. I find it hard to even be upset, it's more like.. awe.