What are you playing?

Goddamn. I got sick of Wanko to Kurasou because it was giving me too many sex scenes. I wanted my adorable felines and feels story. What do I get?

You fucking them because they're currently in heat and that's the only way to subdue their heat besides medicine.

Done.

That really was way too much sex. How annoying.

I started Grisaia no Jakitsu a few days ago and...*sigh* the characters are just so over the top, I get that the game doesnt take itself seriously, but dear God! Why am I forced to deal with those people?! Danmit game, give me a choice! For once allow me to be a jerk, just like G-Senjou! Even though I got a Bad End on that VN out of nowhere, It was a fun experience!

The opening was beautiful.

Got me hyped for the rest of the game.

Definitely does. I'm not really used to a VN being kind of intense like this with a whole 'cat and mouse' thing going on. I'm trying to figure out how this hasn't had an anime adaption yet. Seems like it'd be really well suited to be adapted.

Definitely does. I'm not really used to a VN being kind of intense like this with a whole 'cat and mouse' thing going on. I'm trying to figure out how this hasn't had an anime adaption yet. Seems like it'd be really well suited to be adapted.

Not all adaptations turn out well.

Last chapter of the game was the best.

Goddamn. I orgasmed through my five senses.

Same here.

I won't miss mr. protagonist or the believable and immersive universe, but I liked the art a lot. That's a bit sad. 

I loved the humanoid animals.

Sadly, too much sex. I even bought the feels story man.

Playing G-Senjou lately, and god damn I can feel this one is going to be great. Played the first 1-3 hours up until the opening for the game, and I love it so far. Hoping it stays exciting like this throughout.

G-Senjou no Maou is one of my favorite VNs, but only the True End.

As the other "routes," it just good but that's all.

playing realta nua (all routes).  starting with unlimited blade works though, as it's my favorite and watching the gorgeous new fate/stay UBW series by ufotable has put me in the mood for some manly chuuni battles.  i have to say though; I can't stand the vita remixes of the bgm.  maybe it's because fate/stay was my first VN, and i feel nostalgic about it, but still, i just can't listen to them.  Maybe i'll try them on a different route and i'll get used to them, who knows. 

Okay, so, I didn't actually start Never 7 when I said I would earlier. I started it now. And I'm about twelve seconds in and I already really dislike the art. This girl's eyes look like they're melting off of her face and when she stopped moving and lowered her arm down by her side, her arm looks incredibly long and terrifying, like one of the hands that comes up out of the ground at the bottom of the well in Zelda: Ocarina of Time. This is going to put a significant damper on my ability to enjoy this VN.

After a long hiatus from visual novels(~6 months), I'm putting the VNs I was reading on hold and starting fresh.  I had stalled when reading Koihime Musou and KonoSora, and got bored enough that I just stopped reading entirely -- maybe I'll come back to them later, but definitely not at the same time.  Koihime basically turns into a 50/50 chance of a H scene every scene, which is too much for a story based novel in my opinion, but too unpredictable to treat it like a nukige.  For KonoSora, I might just have to wait for the eventual TLC patch for Ageha's route, I just couldn't understand anything that was happening.

I'm trying to get back into VNs by starting with a good one I was saving -- Steins; Gate.  So far, I'm loving it, though I wish the phone decisions were more clear than just picking a random word without having any idea what route it will lead to.  I'm a huge fan of the insane protagonist, it's nice to have a non-conventional character who doesn't conform to stereotypical protagonist responses.

After a long hiatus from visual novels(~6 months), I'm putting the VNs I was reading on hold and starting fresh.  I had stalled when reading Koihime Musou and KonoSora, and got bored enough that I just stopped reading entirely -- maybe I'll come back to them later, but definitely not at the same time.  Koihime basically turns into a 50/50 chance of a H scene every scene, which is too much for a story based novel in my opinion, but too unpredictable to treat it like a nukige.  For KonoSora, I might just have to wait for the eventual TLC patch for Ageha's route, I just couldn't understand anything that was happening.

I'm trying to get back into VNs by starting with a good one I was saving -- Steins; Gate.  So far, I'm loving it, though I wish the phone decisions were more clear than just picking a random word without having any idea what route it will lead to.  I'm a huge fan of the insane protagonist, it's nice to have a non-conventional character who doesn't conform to stereotypical protagonist responses.

That's a great VN to get back into it all with, and I wouldn't exactly say Okarin~ is insane... He's definitely my favorite protagonist so far, ahead of Kyousuke from G-senjou and Ken from Sharin no Kuni because of his chuuni

Reading Hinatabokko... Or more like, I'm trying to really hard.

The wrong usage (and sometimes even exclusion) of words, letters and the addition of random question marks, make for a somewhat difficult reading experience.

It's like I'm reading Youtube Comments, it hurts my brain but I can't stop.

This is also the first time since 2010, that I'm reading a novel with voices on. I have to do so, because

two characters have the same name and I couldn't keep up with the conversation otherwise.

Edited by TexasDice

That's a great VN to get back into it all with, and I wouldn't exactly say Okarin~ is insane... He's definitely my favorite protagonist so far, ahead of Kyousuke from G-senjou and Ken from Sharin no Kuni because of his chuuni

Half the time he seems to be doing it deliberately to build up his image, but half the time he actually seems to believe everyone is actually spies from the "organization" lol.  Either way, it's definitely entertaining.

It's actually pretty simple, but the badly translated first two hours are too schizophrenic and confusing to understand anything. The route becomes understandable (and readable), after a certain event happens.

I could try to summarize it for you, just in case you're interested.

Thanks for the offer, for now I think I'm just going to read other stuff since there's still a bunch of good translated stuff I can get through.  I actually have a general understanding of what's supposed to be happening, from another thread, but just can't force myself to get through the mess of a translation in the beginning. =/