What are you playing?

Wow a Higurashi discussion, and then the main topic is Keiichi's personality in different arcs ^^; I though he was a good enough protag to enjoy the story!  And he is a fitting main character for this kind of story. About Umineko.., I believe it still isn't clear, confirmed or generally accepted who the actual main character (the person you see the story through) is. So no thoughts on that one, besides that its still the best thing I've read so far. 

How do those VNs work? I was thinking of jumping right to Secret Game, since it just looks like a remake of Killer Queen, but is it really?

It is a remake but there is probably different/more content in Secret Game. You can probably skip it, but there are some little references and moments that make it worth to read it too (if we have to believe the translator). Killer Queen isn't considered a great work, but it has its nice moments (and its budget problems that Secret Game didn't have).  

It may be some time before Secret Game is translated though? Since Secret Game is a completely new story (I think?) I dont mind doing KQ first.

I don't think Secret Game is getting a translation, or at least not right now, yeah. I've read somewhere that Secret Game has slightly different endings, different personalities for some characters and one more route, but otherwise it should be the same as Killer Queen. So it's basically a remake as an official VN, as opposed to Killer Queen being a doujin.

I don't think Secret Game is getting a translation, or at least not right now, yeah. I've read somewhere that Secret Game has slightly different endings, different personalities for some characters and one more route, but otherwise it should be the same as Killer Queen. So it's basically a remake as an official VN, as opposed to Killer Queen being a doujin.

That's nice to know, I'm at the very beginning of EP2 in KQ and it's coming out to be very interesting so far.

(EP2 beginning spoilers)

Finding Sakumi strangled right at the beginning was a good and shocking start after the calm tone of EP1's ending and the underwhelming Day 3.

Well, finished with Chapter 2 of Asairo... on to Chapter 3 now.

Just wanted to say that this is seriously the most beautiful thing I ever read, and that never before in my life, have I craved Milk Tea more so than I do now. Asairo has actually become one of my favorite VNs in general, there's no doubt about that even when I'm not finished with the whole thing. <3

That's nice to know, I'm at the very beginning of EP2 in KQ and it's coming out to be very interesting so far.

(EP2 beginning spoilers)

Finding Sakumi strangled right at the beginning was a good and shocking start after the calm tone of EP1's ending and the underwhelming Day 3.

AFAIK there are plans to translate Secret Game (and Rebellions) but maybe its not being done right now, idk... :)

Currently reading Hello, Lady! and dracu-Riot! (relaxing vn.)

Both are great for what I want from of them. High quality stuff. I am fan of akatsuki works already so it's not like I need much to think HL is good.

Well, finished with Chapter 2 of Asairo... on to Chapter 3 now.

Just wanted to say that this is seriously the most beautiful thing I ever read, and that never before in my life, have I craved Milk Tea more so than I do now. Asairo has actually become one of my favorite VNs in general, there's no doubt about that even when I'm not finished with the whole thing. <3

Awesome you like it so much. I need to read it sometime as well.