What are you playing?

AAAaaaaand Ace Attorney is finished. 

(EP5 spoilers)

To the guy that said he was 10 mins ahead of the script and thus kept losing health because he presented the wrong evidence: I lived the same thing.

I presented the earring as proof THREE FUCKING TIMES.

I'll just blame the fact that I got two Guity verdicts in the case to that.

I just started Hanako's route, Katawa Shoujo has been an amazing experience so far, I love this VN way too much for my own good...I dont know what to do once Im finished with it.... how did you people move on? How many sleepless nights are necessary? What VN could possibly replace this masterpiece?

Hanako is the best. <3

KS was my first VN and I wasn't too privy at the time into what VNs were good and stuff. Shuffle! was my second VN... It had a lot more ecchi and I really only loved one of the routes, Asa-san :D

Funny, I did the same exact thing, and Asa is totally the best girl in Shuffle.

Moving from KS being my first to Shuffle was actually pretty easy, Shuffle isn't like, super great or anything, but it's an easy and light read that kind helped get me on the path to reading a lot more VNs.

Funny, I did the same exact thing, and Asa is totally the best girl in Shuffle.

Moving from KS being my first to Shuffle was actually pretty easy, Shuffle isn't like, super great or anything, but it's an easy and light read that kind helped get me on the path to reading a lot more VNs.

Yeah it's just a shame that Kaede and Nerine got sequels (so far) and the manga was pretty focused around Sia, but all Asa got was the mostly crappy anime. I'd buy the shit out of any Asa-focused Shuffle sequel! Apart from Majikoi, all the VNs I've read since Shuffle have had pretty dark themes

I've also been looking into this novel and wanted to pick it up at some point. These kind of stories usually have info dumping to some degree but I hoped it wouldnt be this bad..

I also wondered, is Sora the badass kind of main character or just the extremely dense main character? Since the describtion says Sora does not know how to love he can either be really dense or just the really unemotional and cold kind of guy. I was curious about this because I personally prefer main characters like the last and don't really enjoy dense characters in general.  

I was reading Air (finished Mizusu's and Kano's routes). I did enjoy what I read of it, but the 'skip read text' function seems to have stopped working, and I don't feel like clicking through all of the dialogue that I've already read. So I am now moving on to Grisaia no Kajitsu. Wish me luck.

Reading Taiga's route now (I need to read some part of it to read Sumire's route), it's good so far. It's also the first time I see Sumire appear in the game. I really like her voices and how she speaks <3

h8GujLR.png

I hope Sumire's route won't be about playing cupid for Kitamura and Sumire, though. That would be sucks.

I'll admit  so far it's only Misora's route where the info dumping gets that way. I'll admit Kanata's route has info dumping but the worst it gets is mildly irritating when it happens in the middle of a fight.

As for Sora he's basically the badass kind of character. He's not donkan but I'm not quite sure unemotional and cold quite describes him as he does have a sense of humor as can be seen in his interactions with characters like Shikkanosuke and Azumi. The thing with him not knowing how to love is more he doesn't really understand the concept of it and has to find either his own definition of it or as close as he can get to the concept.

Nice! Then I'm sure I'll be able to enjoy the story too. Whether I truly enjoy a story really depends mostly on the main characters. If a story is nice but none of the characters is interesting or if just the main character is really annoying actually just donkan characters in general, it will "ruin" the possibly amazing story for me. 

As for the infodumpings, normally I can handle them pretty well. So far I only got mildly annoyed during Hanachirasu, and that wasn't even because of the technique explainations, but the lack of interesting story around the info dump... As long as there is a good balance between story and long explainations it's all fine with me. 

Reading through Grisaia no Rakuen. It has a rather interesting change in style compared to the previous two, and I'm still not exactly sure if I like it or not, but it is definitely fun to read.

Nice! Then I'm sure I'll be able to enjoy the story too. Whether I truly enjoy a story really depends mostly on the main characters. If a story is nice but none of the characters is interesting or if just the main character is really annoying actually just donkan characters in general, it will "ruin" the possibly amazing story for me. 

As for the infodumpings, normally I can handle them pretty well. So far I only got mildly annoyed during Hanachirasu, and that wasn't even because of the technique explainations, but the lack of interesting story around the info dump... As long as there is a good balance between story and long explainations it's all fine with me. 

Couldn't agree more with this; the main character might just as well be the most important thing in the VN, since you get to experience the story through him/her.

Also, infodumps can be great even in the middle of battles. It all depends on how they are done, I suppose - I thought I really dislike infodumps, but the ones in Muramasa really added to the experience. Well, that was mostly because a lot of the battles were decided with the first move, so a lot of the fight were the explanations/psychology itself, so I guess that's why it worked. Sudden infodumps about the history of this and that in the middle of an intense moment aren't that great, though, and there was some of that too.

Reading Taiga's route now (I need to read some part of it to read Sumire's route), it's good so far. It's also the first time I see Sumire appear in the game. I really like her voices and how she speaks <3

h8GujLR.png

I hope Sumire's route won't be about playing cupid for Kitamura and Sumire, though. That would be sucks.

T-This sharp tongue!?

I'll be waiting for you. Reach the preggo CG, 'kay?

I decided to take a break from Hoshizora no Memoria so that I could play Killer Queen. It's been pretty entertaining so far, even though the art is, well... interesting, to say the least. It also serves as a nice break from Hoshimemo's neverending common route. Seriously, this is probably the third game I've started since beginning Hoshimemo, just because it's so hard to focus on it. 

People say the routes are good, though. I just hope they really are worth sitting through this monster of a common route.

Wow, I like Rewrite a lot more now. 

... It also serves as a nice break from Hoshimemo's neverending common route. Seriously, this is probably the third game I've started since beginning Hoshimemo, just because it's so hard to focus on it. 

... I just hope they really are worth sitting through this monster of a common route.

I never remember the common route being that long, up until someone mentions it. I was probably too immersed to care, I guess..

Wow, I like Rewrite a lot more now. 

I never remember the common route being that long, up until someone mentions it. I was probably too immersed to care, I guess..

Maybe that's the problem, is that I'm not immersed. I know it's a favorite on these forums, but most of the characters just aren't grabbing me, which is kind of what makes or breaks a common route in most cases. For example, I loved the infamous Grisaia common route because the characters were so fun, and they all played off each other so well. But I'm not laughing at 3/4 of what happens in this game, I'm just getting bored by it. So that's why it's taking so long.

Just finished Hanako's route in Katawa Shoujo and I must say im kinda disapointed, it felt so short, and the ending, though sweet, lacked closure, unlike Lily's route, some folks suggested playing the Beta version of the game which include a couple different endings, one being a true ending with Hanako, which is said to be extremely good and satisfying, so Im gonna give it a try!

Wait, why does the beta version have that but not the "finished" version?

the "beta" was never meant to be seen, it was leaked a little after KS came out by a former member of 4LS that left the project earlier on. Hanako's route was more akin to School Days. She had several awful bad endings that (I believe) you had to play through before getting her good end. Shizune's route was much more tragic/dramatic

Misha commits suicide

and Lilly was wayyy too moe in her route. The game was unfinished, and they decided to change things for the better.

Although, I must admit Shizune's good end gave much more closure on her future with Hisao