What are you playing?

Was it Ciel's route that you did first? I liked it quite a lot, but then I already knew Arcueid's route from reading the manga...

Personally I like Tsukihime more than F/SN. Despite the first VN bias for F/SN.

Yes, it was. And I really enjoyed that route, I just didn't think it stood up to anything in F/SN.

But Arcueid's route... That was really amazing. And sad. And I'm still semi-crying from it.

But Arcueid's route... That was really amazing. And sad. And I'm still semi-crying from it.

The 3 "far side of the moon" routes that you have left are probably less good than Arcueid by themselves, but they present a really different story and they have their own lot of twists and awesomeness. Enjoy.

Yes, it was. And I really enjoyed that route, I just didn't think it stood up to anything in F/SN.

I personally thought that all routes were good. Maybe because I was just waiting for Shiki to solve the heroines' problems. But god, oh. The twin sisters. The despair.

Anyway, have fun finishing the Far Side of the Moon routes. It's nice. Look forward to 'Eclipse', too.

I'm still reading Canvas 2. I started with Kana's roue, because i thought i didn't would like her route. It was readable, but not more. I simply don't like that childlike / loli characters (shame over me ;) ) ...

The next one I finished was the Mami route. This one I liked especially the ending was nice. 

In generally, that VN Isn't a masterpiece but parts of this are enjoyable. I not a big fan of H_scenes but at that VN they are really awful, and i think also they are misplaced. So i skip ver them. Now I'm looking forward to the next ones, especially Kiri and Ellis seems to be interessting.

Greetz

So, I started Little Busters this weekend.  Let me tell you: I was NOT excited to begin it, AT ALL.  I kept wanting to start Steins;Gate or If My Heart Had Wings.  But I decided to give Little Busters a chance.  It took about... hm.... 60 seconds to win me over.  I think I have played for maybe an hour and a half and have already laughed like a dozen times.  And I don't mean chuckles, I mean full-on obnoxious guffaws while my wife is trying to watch tv.

Switching directly from Symphonic Rain to this is......... quite a contrast, to say the least.

All the silly game mechanics are just...  just AWESOME.  The constant "Mission Start!"s, the battle sequences (why can't Rin beat that Sasegami-or-whatever chick?!), the baseball practice; all of it is so hilarious and so great!  I am in heaven reading this.  On top of that, the soundtrack is incredible (although, so far, there are a few tracks that are more obnoxious than anything) and the story is intriguing.

I can see why everyone recommends the VN over the anime, although I do plan on watching it once I finish.

-Arvis

Well, I'm at what seems to be the final showdown in Comyu's first playthrough. 

I gotta say, Jack the Ripper, a Gévaudan if you want to be technically correct, turned out to be rather interesting. The whole reference to real life events and people reminded me of F/sn. I googled Gévaudan the instant it was mentioned in text, and I was pleasantly rewarded for my curiosity. Both Jack the Ripper and Gévaudan are appropriate names for the scarlet beast.

So, I started Little Busters this weekend.  Let me tell you: I was NOT excited to begin it, AT ALL.  I kept wanting to start Steins;Gate or If My Heart Had Wings.  But I decided to give Little Busters a chance.  It took about... hm.... 60 seconds to win me over.  I think I have played for maybe an hour and a half and have already laughed like a dozen times.  And I don't mean chuckles, I mean full-on obnoxious guffaws while my wife is trying to watch tv.

Switching directly from Symphonic Rain to this is......... quite a contrast, to say the least.

All the silly game mechanics are just...  just AWESOME.  The constant "Mission Start!"s, the battle sequences (why can't Rin beat that Sasegami-or-whatever chick?!), the baseball practice; all of it is so hilarious and so great!  I am in heaven reading this.  On top of that, the soundtrack is incredible (although, so far, there are a few tracks that are more obnoxious than anything) and the story is intriguing.

I can see why everyone recommends the VN over the anime, although I do plan on watching it once I finish.

-Arvis

Little Busters definitely is very good, and believe me it will only get better.

Little Busters definitely is very good, and believe me it will only get better.

Well, that is definitely good to hear.  I'm leaving work for lunch in 5 minutes and will be reading more of it then.  I'm really excited about it!  I honestly have no clue what's really going on or where the story is heading (I assume it'll be pick-a-girl-and-go as per usual VN formula) but I wouldn't have it any other way, for now.

Once I have played through once I'll think about using guides for other routes.  I'm curious what turning off all the "mini-games" will do.  Or rather, what difference keeping them all on makes.

-Arvis

just got my 100% in sharin

just wanted to say that ririko best girl

i didn't know i had something for nee-chans

i'll be reading Chaos;Head next i guess

Ririko, Queen of the Trolls, is and always will be best Sharin girl. I'm glad we agree on that :3  Did the revelation about Ririko being behind Ken all the time blow your mind like it did mine?  Seriously didn't see that coming at all.

Ririko, Queen of the Trolls, is and always will be best Sharin girl. I'm glad we agree on that :3  Did the revelation about Ririko being behind Ken all the time blow your mind like it did mine?  Seriously didn't see that coming at all.

i don't think you could have seen it coming whoever you are :P

so anyways,naturally i was  surprised,like i had to sit down on my bed for 3 minutes to take it in surprised :blink:

Well, that is definitely good to hear.  I'm leaving work for lunch in 5 minutes and will be reading more of it then.  I'm really excited about it!  I honestly have no clue what's really going on or where the story is heading (I assume it'll be pick-a-girl-and-go as per usual VN formula) but I wouldn't have it any other way, for now.

Once I have played through once I'll think about using guides for other routes.  I'm curious what turning off all the "mini-games" will do.  Or rather, what difference keeping them all on makes.

-Arvis

Best to see for yourself where the story is headed.

here - http://tlwiki.org/?title=LB!:Walkthrough , I used this one for LB.

Mini - games are there to make the vn more lively and immersive, you can switch them off if its boring for you.

i don't think you could have seen it coming whoever you are :P

so anyways,naturally i was  surprised,like i had to sit down on my bed for 3 minutes to take it in surprised :blink:

If someone was able to predict that happening, then they have some serious brainpower that should be harnessed for the good of all mankind.

I wasn't that shocked, but my head was full of wut for several seconds before I started grinning like an idiot. 

I had guessed that she was the secret heroine, but I just couldn't think how she'd break into the plot.

I bet Akabe had fun writing her character, she was absolutely hilarious.

yes. http://vndb.org/u24409/list Its on page 2. I m at a point where I need to seriously consider learning moon runes.

You've played a lot of the good english VNs but there are still a few left. Maybe try the Overdrive stuff (Kira Kira, Deardrops specifically), or the Liarsoft games Sekien no Inganock and Shikkoku no Sharnoth.