What are you playing?

Well Terra's credits are rolling, can't say I liked the route's ending all that much. Somehow it left a bad taste in my mouth. I'll just put stuff in spoiler to not spoil anyone.

Basically Kotarou became Sakyua V2.0... I mean really? Also why can't they(the 5 girls) recognize Kotarou at the end? The whole unattainable love between Kagari and Kotarou didn't feel that right to me because it also reinforced the whole Sakyua V2.0 thing. I just can't get my head around on how they wrapped up the game.

Wow, I just realized that I forgot to talk about G-senjou, at least more than just Haru's ending and its epilogue.  Obviously there's super mega ultra G-senjou no Maou spoilers ahead, so ye be warned.

Honestly, I believed that Kyousuke was Maou until it was mentioned that his brother was blown up without leaving a trace behind. That raised a major red flag for me. The chances of that actually happening are very, very low, even if he was standing directly on top of the bomb as it exploded. Odds are, some piece of him would've been left behind, be it fibers from his clothing or DNA left behind from some type of fluid or tissue. I wasn't really surprised when it was revealed that Kyouhei was Maou, but that was pretty much the only major twist I saw coming. The epilogue came out of nowhere for me, which is probably why it hurt so much. I haven't cried like that in a long time. I will say, though, that the weakest parts of the story, at least in my opinion, were in Haru's route. After Kyouhei's plan to get his dad released from jail is put to action, a lot of ridiculous action scenes and implausible events happen. I started to feel a little overwhelmed by them, and couldn't help but notice how ridiculous they were. That said, it helped to lower my guard for the epilogue. I expected a series of charming CGs and bits of text about how happy they were now that Kyouhei was dead and their lives could be truly normal (at least for them) again, but nope, my expectations were blown away.  Kyouhei's dead?  Nope, Chuck Testa.  He's back to fuck everything up.

The soundtrack was top-notch. Thanks to GetterEmperor I was able to download it immediately, and I'm listening to it as I write this wall of text. Some of the songs, I feel, are just okay, but as a majority, the soundtrack was the best I've heard so far in a VN.  Once I found out that a majority of the songs were based on real classical pieces, I was sold.  The music as a whole made the scenes what they were, and made me feel certain emotions when they played, like a real sense of dread when Gonzou's theme came on.

As for the routes and characters...I honestly loved all of the heroines. Their personalities were so different, yet that only helped to make them feel real.  Haru stole my heart, as I'm sure she did with everyone, but the others are honestly in a tie behind her.  As for the routes, here's my list of favorites, in order from greatest to least: Haru, Mizuha, Tsubaki, Kanon.  I thought Kanon's route was the weakest in terms of the endings, but I thought it was good until I got to the final choice, which really didn't make a lot of sense in terms of the effects it caused.  I thought Tsubaki's route was a little above average, but her bad end was what really stood out to me.  So dark and twisted...I felt disgusted to have even clicked on the choice that caused it, which makes me think that it's perfect because of that.  Her good end was a little cliche, in my opinion, but it gave me a nice warm feeling in my heart.  Mizuha's route was a step up, at least in terms of the overall quality of the ends.  Her bad end, while not as dark and twisted as Tsubaki's, felt delightfully nasty.  It gave us a better picture of the manipulative, disgusting, evil Kyousuke from Tsubaki's bad end.  Her good end was better than any of the previous ones, with a bittersweet tone to it because of Yuki's ultimate fate.  Haru's route...it's obvious why it's my favorite.  I don't think I even have to explain it.  Dem feels made me bawl.

Wow, I just realized that I forgot to talk about G-senjou, at least more than just Haru's ending and its epilogue.  Obviously there's super mega ultra G-senjou no Maou spoilers ahead, so ye be warned.

Honestly, I believed that Kyousuke was Maou until it was mentioned that his brother was blown up without leaving a trace behind. That raised a major red flag for me. The chances of that actually happening are very, very low, even if he was standing directly on top of the bomb as it exploded. Odds are, some piece of him would've been left behind, be it fibers from his clothing or DNA left behind from some type of fluid or tissue. I wasn't really surprised when it was revealed that Kyouhei was Maou, but that was pretty much the only major twist I saw coming. The epilogue came out of nowhere for me, which is probably why it hurt so much. I haven't cried like that in a long time. I will say, though, that the weakest parts of the story, at least in my opinion, were in Haru's route. After Kyouhei's plan to get his dad released from jail is put to action, a lot of ridiculous action scenes and implausible events happen. I started to feel a little overwhelmed by them, and couldn't help but notice how ridiculous they were. That said, it helped to lower my guard for the epilogue. I expected a series of charming CGs and bits of text about how happy they were now that Kyouhei was dead and their lives could be truly normal (at least for them) again, but nope, my expectations were blown away.  Kyouhei's dead?  Nope, Chuck Testa.  He's back to fuck everything up.

The soundtrack was top-notch. Thanks to GetterEmperor I was able to download it immediately, and I'm listening to it as I write this wall of text. Some of the songs, I feel, are just okay, but as a majority, the soundtrack was the best I've heard so far in a VN.  Once I found out that a majority of the songs were based on real classical pieces, I was sold.  The music as a whole made the scenes what they were, and made me feel certain emotions when they played, like a real sense of dread when Gonzou's theme came on.

As for the routes and characters...I honestly loved all of the heroines. Their personalities were so different, yet that only helped to make them feel real.  Haru stole my heart, as I'm sure she did with everyone, but the others are honestly in a tie behind her.  As for the routes, here's my list of favorites, in order from greatest to least: Haru, Mizuha, Tsubaki, Kanon.  I thought Kanon's route was the weakest in terms of the endings, but I thought it was good until I got to the final choice, which really didn't make a lot of sense in terms of the effects it caused.  I thought Tsubaki's route was a little above average, but her bad end was what really stood out to me.  So dark and twisted...I felt disgusted to have even clicked on the choice that caused it, which makes me think that it's perfect because of that.  Her good end was a little cliche, in my opinion, but it gave me a nice warm feeling in my heart.  Mizuha's route was a step up, at least in terms of the overall quality of the ends.  Her bad end, while not as dark and twisted as Tsubaki's, felt delightfully nasty.  It gave us a better picture of the manipulative, disgusting, evil Kyousuke from Tsubaki's bad end.  Her good end was better than any of the previous ones, with a bittersweet tone to it because of Yuki's ultimate fate.  Haru's route...it's obvious why it's my favorite.  I don't think I even have to explain it.  Dem feels made me bawl.

I was pretty sad to see it go.  I have to say, it's my favorite VN so far, topping even Kajitsu.  Just thought I should put my thoughts about it out there, since I was a spaz and forgot to until now.

About G Senjou

I felt like Maou's return was kind of like a reverse deus ex machina and it bugged me, because there's literally no way to see it coming unless you're reading into the author's intent, which you shouldn't ever have to do when experiencing any piece of media.

I don't think the game is bad, in fact, it's easily in my top 10 VNs, I was just kind of put off by his return coming out of nowhere.

About G Senjou

I felt like Maou's return was kind of like a reverse deus ex machina and it bugged me, because there's literally no way to see it coming unless you're reading into the author's intent, which you shouldn't ever have to do when experiencing any piece of media.

I don't think the game is bad, in fact, it's easily in my top 10 VNs, I was just kind of put off by his return coming out of nowhere.

Anyways, I'm juggling too many games at once now. I'm playing Persona 3 FES, Infamous, and the Dishonored DLC, and I'm downloading Never 7 as I type this. I also just got a job, so I totally don't have time to do this, but eh, I'll figure it out. I'll probably just sleep less.

Well, I think that can be good in some cases, 

but I personally felt a little cheated, as all signs pointed to the opposite being true. It felt like I was being tricked just for the sake of being tricked.

It felt a little bit like the whole "and it was all a dream" ending that is so cliched. Like, the "it was all a dream" ending is annoying because it's way too convenient to feel plausible, but I felt like Maou showing up again was way too inconvenient to be plausible, if that makes any sense.

Anyways, I'm not trying to knock the game, I still think it's fantastic, that was just one little sticking point for me. And thank you for the well-wishes!

For me Muv-Luv was a 8/10. I too think it has a lot of hype.

Personally one of the major cons in it was the protag. He just keeps whining all the time. He faces a problem and starts whining, it would have been ok if he stopped after resolving the matter rather than start whining again when a new problem arises.

Eh? About Muv-Luv, the point is precisely that Takeru stops whining halfway through the VN and becomes the most badass MC ever. Like, it's the classic hero development.

MC that are outright badass are often boring. Cf SAO for example.

i dont believe he ever stopped whining though.

i dont believe he ever stopped whining though.

He stopped whining after (big MLA spoiler)

he went back to the Extraverse. After that point he gets his shit together and doesn't whine. He cries over the death of his friends but that's obvious. Other than that he never complains and just go ahead saving humanity and kicking asses.

And lastly about that epilogue scene, Maou had given Kyosuke with two choices - let Haru kill Maou and she would go to jail or kill Maou himself and then he would go to jail. He wanted Kyosuke to suffer because of abandoning their mother and he wanted Haru to suffer as she was Usami's daughter and she had sworn to take revenge on Maou. It didnt have anything to do with his plans getting foiled as it was in actuality a success.

Wasn't he miscalculate that Kyousuke in fact has a gun too? I think the plan was supposed to be like this: Maou got in > He shots some bullets (I don't really remember if he shot or not), provocating Haru > Maou throw the gun to the floor > Haru see that there is a gun, she pick it up > Haru shot Maou to death > Bad end. But, since Kyousuke has a gun, Haru take Kyousuke's gun instead of Maou's, making the second choice available. Like I said, it's been around a year since I completed it, so maybe I'm just imagining things.

I was pretty sad to see it go.  I have to say, it's my favorite VN so far, topping even Kajitsu.  Just thought I should put my thoughts about it out there, since I was a spaz and forgot to until now.

Am I the only one here who started to expect Maou is a relative to Kyousuke when I see

this CG? I was like "Wait, who is that? He looks like Kyousuke, but there is no way Kyousuke can be that tall when he is still a child. Wait, someone who looks like Kyousuke? He might be Maou!" When it's revealed that Kyousuke actually has an older brother, I believe it even more (sure, the game says that he died right after that, but what is so hard for the so-called Maou to fake his own death?). Though I started to lose my faith when Kyousuke admits that he might be Maou after all.

Favorite heroines? Haru > Kanon > Mizuha > Tsubaki

Favorite routes? Haru > Tsubaki > Mizuha > Kanon

For me Muv-Luv was a 8/10. I too think it has a lot of hype.

Personally one of the major cons in it was the protag. He just keeps whining all the time. He faces a problem and starts whining, it would have been ok if he stopped after resolving the matter rather than start whining again when a new problem arises.

Bolded part: Couldn't agree more. 

Italics part: I think his problem wasn't whining, but his rudeness. Slapping your childhood friend for saying something right isn't a plus in my book. Nor is grabbing someone's nips, which he does... rather frequently.

Italics part: I think his problem wasn't whining, but his rudeness. Slapping your childhood friend for saying something right isn't a plus in my book. Nor is grabbing someone's nips, which he does... rather frequently.

That's only in Extra though. And Extra is shit so >_>

Wasn't he miscalculate that Kyousuke in fact has a gun too? I think the plan was supposed to be like this: Maou got in > He shots some bullets (I don't really remember if he shot or not), provocating Haru > Maou throw the gun to the floor > Haru see that there is a gun, she pick it up > Haru shot Maou to death > Bad end. But, since Kyousuke has a gun, Haru take Kyousuke's gun instead of Maou's, making the second choice available. Like I said, it's been around a year since I completed it, so maybe I'm just imagining things.

Am I the only one here who started to expect Maou is a relative to Kyousuke when I see

this CG? I was like "Wait, who is that? He looks like Kyousuke, but there is no way Kyousuke can be that tall when he is still a child. Wait, someone who looks like Kyousuke? He might be Maou!" When it's revealed that Kyousuke actually has an older brother, I believe it even more (sure, the game says that he died right after that, but what is so hard for this so-called Maou to fake his own death?). Though I started to lose my faith when Kyousuke admits that he might be Maou after all.

Favorite heroines? Haru > Kanon > Mizuha > Tsubaki

Favorite routes? Haru > Tsubaki > Mizuha > Kanon

I thought the man in the picture was Kyousuke.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn.