What are you playing?

Just finished G-senjou.  My God...the ending to Haru's route...

it was just heart-wrenching. I had already started crying when each of the heroines talked to Kyousuke in prison (I couldn't help it, it was just so brutal), but when he met his daughter after getting out of jail I just broke down and started sobbing. I don't think I've had a story make me feel like this in a long time. That was just something else entirely.

So, yeah, Dra+Koi.

It was short. Way too short, but because of that it packed a lot of punch. There's a lot of action, some hilarious comedy, as much as 4 H-scenes, all of that cramed into 2 hours worth of reading. The game is really crazy and fast-paced, especially at the beginning. People swearing and shouting all the fucking time, fights, and a sort of parody of romcom. To compliment that the few songs of the soundtrack are simply excellent (I hear a lot of similarities between the action ones and the tracks from Demonbane) and there's a lot of movement of the screen.

But it's not just all action, there's some depth being all of this. It's one of those meta-fictionnal stories with several references and that ends up making a commentary on fiction itself. I loved that aspect of the game too, how it made fantasy and romance sound so powerful.

However, the length of the game doesn't really play in its favor. It's all over so quickly that there's not all that much to take home. Although right now, as I finish it, the adrenaline from the fast-paced action-comedy of the first part and the emotion of the second part are still in me, it'll be quickly forgotten.

Still, a blast to play and a good way to spend two hours.

I'll try to clear all the confusions about G-senjou.

Lets start with Maou killing haru's mother, she was majorly responsible for the fact that Usami (Haru's father) was deemed innocent. She had used her connections to manipulate the media too and being famous many people supported her. Maou took the terrorist job so that he could kill Haru's mother. It wasnt an order as he was the leader and one who arranged the stuff. He was hired to kill a VIP who was watch the show, after coming to know that the show was by Haru's mother he decided to take the job so that he kill could her.

Burning down the city had nothing to do with Kyosuke or Haru. The main aim of that attack was to get the government into releasing his father and also revenge on the government and its 'justice'.

And lastly about that epilogue scene, Maou had given Kyosuke with two choices - let Haru kill Maou and she would go to jail or kill Maou himself and then he would go to jail. He wanted Kyosuke to suffer because of abandoning their mother and he wanted Haru to suffer as she was Usami's daughter and she had sworn to take revenge on Maou. It didnt have anything to do with his plans getting foiled as it was in actuality a success.

Love how I came into this thread for the first time in a while and saw people talking about my favorite VN.  ^_^

I've actually been playing another AkabeiSoft2 game (Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo). I just finished Sachi's chapter today, and... wow, I'm already loving it. The pacing isn't quite as good as in G-Senjou, and the characters don't appeal to me as much, but it's still definitely enjoyable.

Been reading Muv Luv Alternative...

(MLA episode 2 and muv luv Unlimited spoilers)

I'm just past the part where Yuuko tells Takeru to not do anything to prove he isn't lying, and it all happens, right before the Combat Skill Evaluation thing.

It hasn't been too incredible so far. Feels like rereading Unlimited, though obviously things'll get better and better towards the end.

It's November11th already, however... I wonder what'll happen.

I'm still doing Terra, I'm going slow but man does this route have a truckload of choices. If anyone played Rewrite could you answer the question that I will put in spoilers?

Does the bad end in Terra, that you achieve by killing/capturing Kagari instead of letting her go, tie to what happens on the first part of the game(the 5 heroine and common routes)? What I mean is, is that the way things happened to get the "main" game kotarou?

I'm still doing Terra, I'm going slow but man does this route have a truckload of choices. If anyone played Rewrite could you answer the question that I will put in spoilers?

Does the bad end in Terra, that you achieve by killing/capturing Kagari instead of letting her go, tie to what happens on the first part of the game(the 5 heroine and common routes)? What I mean is, is that the way things happened to get the "main" game kotarou?

Just got to the opening in RuiTomo. I'm very impressed so far - not necessarily by the story, but because of the narration itself. This is exactly why I like complex and interesting main characters that are as much important - if not more important - than the heroines themselves. You spend most of your time reading with them, after all. Tomo's great so far, I really like how (s)he's not perfect. A liar, a hypocrite, yet deep down a nice person... I'm really curious where the story will go.

Probably somewhere cursed, ha ha.

Yeah they are bad. I was even expecting something good from Ririko's but I got nothing *sniff* And it wasn't even funny and Ken didn't even make it better. 

God bless the afterstories of Meikyuu with Yuuji and his badassery.

God stuff god stuff.

Just got to the opening in RuiTomo. I'm very impressed so far - not necessarily by the story, but because of the narration itself. This is exactly why I like complex and interesting main characters that are as much important - if not more important - than the heroines themselves. You spend most of your time reading with them, after all. Tomo's great so far, I really like how (s)he's not perfect. A liar, a hypocrite, yet deep down a nice person... I'm really curious where the story will go.

Probably somewhere cursed, ha ha.

All that BDSM in Amane's after story isn't any better, to be honest. :D