What are you playing?

One of my biggest complaints about Dangan Ronpa 1 is that the protagonist, who is supposed to be the one solving the mysteries and all that, was actually just kind of an idiot who had everything solved for him by others. Either everyone else had to heavily hint at the solutions before he got them, or they just straight up solved the mysteries for him. Does the sequel improve on that aspect?

One of my biggest complaints about Dangan Ronpa 1 is that the protagonist, who is supposed to be the one solving the mysteries and all that, was actually just kind of an idiot who had everything solved for him by others. Either everyone else had to heavily hint at the solutions before he got them, or they just straight up solved the mysteries for him. Does the sequel improve on that aspect?

Akane's credits are rolling and I liked the route more than I though I would, since I had low expectations.

I actually liked the change brought about inside of Kotarou, the way he became a little more realist and even able to go as far as killing to fulfill is desire. I already liked Akane from the common and I like that I was able to see her ups and downs, this is actually my second favorite route after Lucia's.

Firstly, I'll give my opinion. I think that was kind of the point. The protagonist wasn't supposed to be smart or some kind of detective, he was just a normal kid with abnormal amounts of hope and trust.

Secondarily, I'll answer your question, as far as I am concerned. There are, once again, two characters who solve all the stuff for you, pretty much. They leave the easier mysteries out and only get involved when it gets important, but they're still there.

I finished up Sharin no Kuni, aside from one of the epilogues, which I'm running the game in the background occasionally checking back to click choices in order to see. After this one, I'm not sure what's next. Maybe I'll hold off on VNs for a minute and finally get around to finishing my copy of Persona 3 FES. Not sure yet.

Firstly, I'll give my opinion. I think that was kind of the point. The protagonist wasn't supposed to be smart or some kind of detective, he was just a normal kid with abnormal amounts of hope and trust.

Secondarily, I'll answer your question, as far as I am concerned. There are, once again, two characters who solve all the stuff for you, pretty much. They leave the easier mysteries out and only get involved when it gets important, but they're still there.

Nasu isn't the best with H-scenes, while he makes great fantasy stories, his h-material is average at best, even tsukihime, while having better h-scenes than F/SN, doesn't have praise worthy H-content either, however like F/SN it has a great plot overall. Nasu's weakness just happens to be h-content.

Honestly, I thought the necessity of sex in F/sn was just as bad as the writing of the h-scenes themselves.  I mean, if you're going to include Sex Under the Necessity, at least flesh out the reason instead of hoping people don't poke holes in your weird justification.

Buuuut a sexual act isn't needed to seal the contract, or even initiate the summoning, only to give the magus/summoned entity (or whatever else Nasu says that works on) magical energy.  That said, they start out with energy the moment they're summoned, which left me wondering how they got the energy in the first place if the only way to replenish it is through achieving orgasm at the same time as their partner.  I'm not saying that there isn't precedent, just that Nasu tried to use the precedent in a way that doesn't make a lot of sense.

You do remember that the sexual contract was needed to share magical energy between 2 magus, a contract with a summoned entity is different, although in Fate/Extra even though archer was a summoned entity because he wasn't Rin's servant in that game the magic sharing had to be done by sex, they even gave a name to the procedure I think. The contract made by sex is different from other contracts, since it's only meant to be able to share magical energy nothing else. This is the reason why you can make a contract with a familiar without sex because it is a contract of master-"slave" unlike that of the sexual nature.

First of all: It's been over a year since I've read it, and I'm not famous for having an excellent memory  :/

Second of all: I remember that the "sexual contracts" were different for magi and summoned entities, but the premise is the same.  Giving magical energy from one magus to another or a magical entity, according to F/sn, requires both parties to orgasm at the same time.  Are there more differences?  I really can't remember any more.  I'm sure I read that there was literally no other way to transfer magical energy, though.

I don't remember the contract aspect of things being played up, but Rin's explanation was literally "Magus' sperm contains magical energy that familiars can absorb." She also made it sound like female magi cannot do the same thing but I may be misremembering that. There are definitely other ways to transfer magical energy, as well. 

I don't remember the contract aspect of things being played up, but Rin's explanation was literally "Magus' sperm contains magical energy that familiars can absorb." She also made it sound like female magi cannot do the same thing but I may be misremembering that. There are definitely other ways to transfer magical energy, as well. 

Huh...I remember it being said that

in order for Saber to stay in the real world, or the present, that the only option was for Shirou to reach orgasm while having sex with her.

Like I said, my memory's a little fuzzy, but I can't remember there being another way, at least one that was possible in their situation, anyway.

Oh, this is probably pretty obvious, but I haven't played anything from the Nasu-verse besides F/sn, so that's where I got my info from.  Dunno if that's important or not.

(F/SN spoilers)

The problem was that Shirou wasn't actually passively supplying Saber with any energy due to the nature of her existence in their world or whatever reason they gave. She only had her own reserves to work off of. Shirou was highly inexperienced, uneducated, and unskilled in the ways of magic, so he only had one real route. That being unloading his hot juicy magical magus semen into her.