What are you playing?

I dunno, maybe I was expecting something more since Kanon is my favorite character? Her route is also

the only route that doesn't have some kind of epilogue, so it make me rage a bit when her route finished so suddenly when I'm expecting something more. Like, like, for example, this is just an example, okay? I-It's not like I want it to happen or anything, ehehe *nosebleed*. Like, like, Kanon and Kyousuke go out on a date while planning their future married life, and, and, maybe Kanon wearing a wedding dress? Oh oh! I want to see how mature Kanon looks like too! That would be pretty cute, he..hehehe..hehe..hee.. *died of blood loss*

So yeah, it might be just me.

I remember Mizuha's being passable and her bad ending being pretty good. I liked it over Tsubaki's and Kannon's... I think. It has been awhile though.

Her bad end is very short and packs a lot of shock. However, the rest I found less interesting because it was too short and basically her character wasn't here before her focus chapter.

Yeah, it's been awhile. I'm pretty much left with only an impression of the game unfortunately. I kind of want to go back and reread it, but I have such a large backlog that it seems like my time might be better spent toward something new. #FirstWorldProblems, I guess.

Sorry to disappoint you but to be honest, Tsubaki's route is the best side-route in my opinion so it's unlikely that you'll get the same feels like when you finished Tsubaki's route. Don't worry though, it's not like the other routes are bad, it just that the other routes are not as strong as Tsubaki's. It might be just me though.

Are we still talking about G-Senjou? >_>;; .. -hasn't read the VN yet-

Clear proof that, contrary to popular belief,

sex does not solve everything.

Sometimes it can, like that one time where having sex with a quantum computer saved the world.

xD

But seriously, though. 

It was never explained how having sex with her at that moment screwed everything up. I don't doubt that it did, because there isn't anything else described that could have caused her to lose, but it just doesn't make sense the way it's shown.

Making steady progress through Nemu's route (I think ?) in euphoria. Picked her first for the obvious reasons. She's irritating as all hell, but I suppose I'll just stick with it till the end. 3 more turns to go, I wonder what they have in stock next. So far, the grossest thing was the very first thing in the VN, funnily enough. What can I say, scat is gross no matter how I look at it, and I'll never understand why that would ever turn anyone on, but hey... I guess there are people liking that stuff out there. :D The actual 'game' turns were not much worse than certain Grisaia's h-scenes so far, maybe even better, but I still haven't seen almost anything, so I probably just jinxed myself. All in all, not so eager, but I'm going to stick with it for one route at the very least. I'll see how it goes from there.

As for what I want to really read, my next pick is RuiTomo. I was looking forward to this for quite some time; not only because I wanted to read something a bit lighter after all the gritty stuff (not sure how that will go, since it's Akatsuki), but mainly because of the trap main character. Yes I have weird tastes, but it just sounds so interesting... especially because this isn't a nukige. Really looking forward to where they go with it. :)

Done with Yuela route on Kamidori, will move on to Serawi route in time, also struggling with Phantom of the Inferno VN, the main one is Grisaia no Kajutsu though..

Kamidori is really fun to play, the story isn't too complex and dramatic, its really fun to play, too many H-scenes though (its hard on my body since I don't do THAT while playing VNs)

Grisaia also looks pretty interesting, I haven't gone too far in the story yet, just went to Makina route (first playthrough) she's too cute I might die from it..

Welp I finished Kotori's route in Rewrite and I can now understand the guy who told me he didn't like the route's ending.

I mean WTF was that? Way too open, it didn't show what happened between Kotori and Kotarou after he become completely human at all. I would've liked to see a moment of mutual love in a couple environment between them, it felt too half-assed. Great route disappointing ending.

I'll just do the bad end that can be assessed by screwing up the Kotori option before moving on to Chihaya's route.

Just finished Kanon's route, and am starting on Mizuha's as I type this.  I'd talk a little about what I thought about Kanon's route, but I'm pretty tired, considering I put in a solid 3 1/2 hours of manual labor in the sun.  I'll have to put in my two cents tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll feel a little less drowsy by then.  Have a good night/day, everyone.  Zeno is out.

*faceplants keyboard*

I'm finished now Katawa Shoujo. The Last one was Emi and i've to say I really enjoyed her route. It really fits her well, it was easy going and not to complex. After that i did all bad & neutral endings. There were also a lot of good & sad stuff.

To Summarize my final Route order (from good to not that good ;) ) : Lilly > Hanako & Emi > Shizune > Rin

The last two wasn't bad, but, for me, the feeling was not there at the end. And especially Rin is a really unique character (i liked her neutral ending more, because it fits her better).

The whole VN was really good (9/10). Only the lack of voices and some ugly CG prevented me from giving a 10.

So thats for now. I think I go on with A Profile.

Greetz

Hoo boy. I missed out on quite a bit, now it's time to bring the past into the future with the MultiQuote function.

It was obviously and exaggeration. Just go on with the joke and sey yes xD

Well, no. I know a guy who actually jacks off to Houzuki's voice, so I can never be too sure ever again.

Just hit Kanon's bad end, and I'll hopefully be able to wrap up the rest of her route tomorrow.

Well...

I thought that it had the potential to be great, but...it just lacked

something.  I don't know what, though.  The moment when Kanon was sobbing about never getting to tell her mom "Thank you," hit me pretty hard, but I kinda was left hanging after that.  I kinda thought I was gonna get kicked when I was down, but no such luck.  After Tsubaki's bad end, I was expecting something seriously twisted and demented to happen.  Also, I thought the choice that gets to her bad end was kinda strange.  Having sex with her ruins her chances of winning?  What?

Hope her good end is better than that.

Well,

For one thing there was literally no epilogue. One thing that REALLY matters is a player's biorhythms. They can be the most absolute hardasses in the game, but a big event like being broken in will mess up their biorhythms. Though, seriously, it was mostly just the MC being a greedy evil bitch instead of disobeying the Gonzou and controlling his insatiable libido. Leaning even more to the good end results in an awesome song and a description of awesome ice skating. Though Haru's ending is definitely the ultimate ending in every way, I like Kanon's endings if only for the classical songs.

Just adding this in at random, but... My favorite routes are: Haru's ending > Tsubaki's bad end > Dat white hair bitch's endings > Kanon's endings > Tsubaki's good end. In case you didn't know, I fucking hate Tsubaki's good ending just because of the epilogue.

Clear proof that, contrary to popular belief,

sex does not solve everything.

Sometimes it can, like that one time where having sex with a quantum computer saved the world.

...I feel like this has some sort of connection to Xenobuster.

Welp I finished Kotori's route in Rewrite and I can now understand the guy who told me he didn't like the route's ending.

I mean WTF was that? Way too open, it didn't show what happened between Kotori and Kotarou after he become completely human at all. I would've liked to see a moment of mutual love in a couple environment between them, it felt too half-assed. Great route disappointing ending.

I'll just do the bad end that can be assessed by screwing up the Kotori option before moving on to Chihaya's route.

WHOA! YOU REMEMBERED THAT POST WAAAAAAY BACK WHEN I STARTED?!

I believe Kotori is dysfunctional is some way. She's mildly entertaining before you get locked into her route, at which point she loses her one advantage in the game and compensates for it with more high-pitched shrieks and creepy obsessions. DO NOT READ THIS SPOILER UNLESS YOU WANT TO SPOIL THE FINAL PART OF THE GAME.

Kotori is only entertaining once more at the very end of Terra route. Nice to know that the Occult club would have stayed together if it weren't for the MC. Also nice to know you're fuckin' Sakuya MKII.

In any case, after Kotori I generally go straight to Chihaya, cause I need the comedy relief.

I seriously have no idea what to put in spoiler tages, so I just tagged everything. Read at your own expense.

Okay.  Getting some sleep helped a lot, so now I'll put in my two cents about Kanon's good end.

I honestly expected more. There was a lot of build up, but the end just couldn't satisfy, in my opinion. I think Gonzou should have thrown her away after she lost the final skating competition, like he threatened. Also, the fact that there was no main antagonist or a "final showdown" of sorts also didn't help to keep my attention. I still love her character, but her ending lacked a confrontation.

Okay.  Getting some sleep helped a lot, so now I'll put in my two cents about Kanon's good end.

I honestly expected more. There was a lot of build up, but the end just couldn't satisfy, in my opinion. I think Gonzou should have thrown her away after she lost the final skating competition, like he threatened. Also, the fact that there was no main antagonist or a "final showdown" of sorts also didn't help to keep my attention. I still love her character, but her ending lacked a confrontation.

Honestly i respect you for actually going on the Kanon route at all, she was so annoying i pressed the skip button every-time she came on screen. She's like Chinami but without the extra bit of cuteness. Still those overbearing imouto types grind my gears to a stop

WHOA! YOU REMEMBERED THAT POST WAAAAAAY BACK WHEN I STARTED?!

I believe Kotori is dysfunctional is some way. She's mildly entertaining before you get locked into her route, at which point she loses her one advantage in the game and compensates for it with more high-pitched shrieks and creepy obsessions. DO NOT READ THIS SPOILER UNLESS YOU WANT TO SPOIL THE FINAL PART OF THE GAME.

Kotori is only entertaining once more at the very end of Terra route. Nice to know that the Occult club would have stayed together if it weren't for the MC. Also nice to know you're fuckin' Sakuya MKII.

In any case, after Kotori I generally go straight to Chihaya, cause I need the comedy relief.

I seriously have no idea what to put in spoiler tages, so I just tagged everything. Read at your own expense.

Sometimes I remember the most random things. Also, Chihaya has been a particularly surprising route for me. I wasn't expecting much from it but it has its good moments.

It doesn't seem too uncommon for games to draw on that kind of humor. There's a couple of instances in Grisaia of that that absolutely floored me, chiefly due to them coming at the tail-end of my read experience and thus being so unexpectedly jarring. I'm specifically thinking of a moment in Amane's route.

As for myself, I haven't made much progress on Koichoco. I wanted to finish it this weekend, but I ended up with a busier social schedule than I would have liked. This week I'm playing catch up on my studies (I write this as I'm posting on Fuwanvel :rolleyes: ) so I probably won't have much time for reading until the weekend. Afterwards, I'm not quite sure what I'm going to read. I'm stuck between Rewrite, Swan Song, A-Profile, and Hoshimemo. I'm also considering rereading G-senjou since its been so long. #firstworldproblems

Yeah, and I loved it then, too.  I think it's hilarious when TV shows, books and games break the forth wall.  Makes the experience that much more ridiculous.

Gee, I bet my gassing on about it has nothing to do with it!  Anyway...Hoshimemo focuses pretty hard on drama and romance, but when you finish Komomo's route, your whole perception of it is gonna go right out the window.  Actually was a lot deeper than I expected it to be.

Yeah, and I loved it then, too.  I think it's hilarious when TV shows, books and games break the forth wall.  Makes the experience that much more ridiculous.

You should read Umineko. Ryukishi progressively breaks the fourth wall as the story progresses, especially in Chiru, and it's always jubilant.

Then in episode 8 he basically comes out of your screen in a Panzerfaust, slap your face, spits on your popcorn and shits on your walls.