What are you playing?

After finishing my third route in Little Busters!(Yuiko) and starting Haruka's, I felt like reading something a little different and thus started a new game of Fate/Stay Night. Really enjoying it so far, still pretty early into the game though.

I've also been thinking of starting over on Umineko since I lost my save last month, I was at episode 3 so hopefully the text skipping won't be too slow. I had started the PS3 patch version, but I'm thinking about simply installing my DVD copy and play from it, though the voices were pretty cool so I'm not sure yet.

Currently doing the other couples' routes in Michael no Otometachi. Probably will start with Good ol' Nanami x Yuuna.

By the way, Nanami's new voice actress is squeaky as hell. It's I'm listening to Chip and Dale.

Wait, you read it via skipping? Like, you can read 4-5 lines of Japanese in about 0.1 seconds? I bow before your superhuman reading abilities. Either that or the skipping in your game was somehow not as fast as in mine, haha.

No~ You know, Muramasa used too many useless and roundabout writing so even if you don't read every sentence, you can understand it without problem.

the concept itself was quite good, but everything was rushed and the characters were as lame as they could be

btw started Kimi no Nagori wa Shizuka ni Yurete

Well, for an almost one hr read, it's pretty fine.

I don't know whether I should play Forest or MLA.

Finished Dra+Koi in one go. I'd say... so-so. Not bad really but not quite good either. Anyways finnaly, finnaly, FINNALY I'll play hoshizora no memoria. I've been postponing it for a while now, but I'll at last find salvation in the blissful loli / imouto filled environment!

Ugh. Few more days until I can resume reading Tsukihime T__T

I finished Arcueid's route 2 weeks ago and wow.

Kinda shocked that the Good End was happier than the True End.

I can't wait to get to the Far Side routes though. I'm curious what the girl's routes will be about.

Also, I have a question. What's the recommended order for the FD/Side stories? I was thinking FD > Kagetsu Tooya > Melty Blood but I'm not sure. For Melty Blood, which version is recommended? Re-ACT, Act Cadenza, or Actress Again? I'm aware that AA is the most recent release but I'm not sure if it has the "story" part from the original Melty Blood.

Playing Yoake Mae Yori Ruri-Iro na and D.C.P.C. in tandem now. Well, both games have enough routes that I could play just these 2 games the rest of the year. D.C.P.C. is a challenge for me. The writer seems to enjoy wordplay, and making references to little things foreigners like me wouldn't know...

It's funny how in Yoake whenever they talk about earth customs what they REALLY mean is Japanese customs. I really identified with Feena when she was taken aback by the way Japanese eat those soba noodles, I don't like that sound either :-) You'll see if you play it that Feena definitely resembles a Westerner. So apparently, we Westerners were the ones who settle the moon in the future.

And Rin had some good advice for y'all in D.C.P.C... basically we're all supposed to get up at 5 in the morning and go to bed at 10. That's good for your health.

Guess what Feena is reacting to here.

k3v4z.jpg

I finally finished Otoboku, and I have to say that the character routes were a lot better than the common route.

My Character Rankings:

Yukari>Kana>Ichiko>Takako>Mariya>Shion

My Route Rankings:

Shion>Mariya>Yukari>Kana>Takako>Ichiko

Shion's route was definitely the best route in the game for me, despite her being my least favorite character.

I will now be playing Dra+Koi. I've heard mixed opinions on the game, but I'm a big fan of Nitro+, so I'm excited.