What are you playing?

>Judging an entire Visual Novels OST after 5 minutes of reading

Why do people do this? its like calling an anime series shit after 1 episode

To be honest, any piece of medium, even if it ends up being a masterpiece, that leaves a terrible first impression is bound to have people desert it before finishing.

I won't say that in this case it's terrible, for I have yet to play it, but it's the VNs job to make sure the reader will be captivated long enough to get to the actual plot. 

Then again, 5 minutes of playing isn't exactly fair to the visual novel either...

I'm maybe halfway through Comyu's 1st route and it has been so much better than I really thought it was going to be. The common was pretty good, but I like the fact that they aren't blatantly concentrating on the heroine of this route and are providing plot as a whole. It really suits the dynamic of this VN.

>Judging an entire Visual Novels OST after 5 minutes of reading

Why do people do this? its like calling an anime series shit after 1 episode

Your quote.

I read Comyu for like 5 minutes and gave up. The music is dull .. bleh. I'll resume it maybe some other time. I'm gonna resume Hoshizora (was it called? the one with the ONII-CHAN ONII-CHAN ONII-CHAN annoying girl). Not to mention I was introduced to the 4:3 screen ... Muv-Luv Alternative is in 16:9 and it was released in 2006, not 2009.

Has anyone read Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai? It was released few weeks ago and it's getting 10s slowly. VNDB. The art is very beautiful ... this is the type of VN that should get translated. At least I'd like to think.

My quote.

I didn't dig into Comyu for the small screen, goofy art characters (there's probably a reason behind it), the BGM wasn't my type at all and there was no effects like how Hoshizora has things popping in, out, blurring. Or how the small tingly effects happen in Grisaia. So far it's only 5 minutes, but the BGM turned me off plus the goofy art characters. I'll pick it up again when I feel like I want to burn some extra time on it. I also don't like fantasy that much ... it has to be seriously good which I can't comment on Comyu since I haven't played it.

And please spare me your negative thoughts. Keep your thoughts positive. Comyu is not "shit" even though you indirectly related the last sentence with how people judge things with the first anime episode of the series. I only read Comyu for five minutes and couldn't put up with it. That's all. I'll decide if it's good or not when I get there. But my mood is not set to tolerate Comyu at the moment.

I'm just an individual with opinions.

--

Reading Hoshizora, this sister is cute and annoying. Nice story build up so far. I'm gonna follow the recommended route guide and see how things unfold.

I'm maybe halfway through Comyu's 1st route and it has been so much better than I really thought it was going to be. The common was pretty good, but I like the fact that they aren't blatantly concentrating on the heroine of this route and are providing plot as a whole. It really suits the dynamic of this VN.

Glad to see someone who thinks the same as me, it's a damn good thing that Coµ's routes are more plot focused than heroine focused, even if I like all of them (and that explains why I'm one of the rare people not liking Mayuki's route much, too heroine centered)

I started Higanbana and finished the first story, good atmosphere and writing (it's Ryukishi, duh) but I except a more captivating plot for what comes next.

Also I need to finish Clannad, I stopped right after unlocking After Story, I was so bored...

Glad to see someone who thought the same as me, it's a damn good thing that Coµ's routes are more plot focused than heroine focused, even if I like all of them (and that explains why I'm one of the rare people not liking Mayuki's route much, too heroine centered)

I started Higanbana and finished the first story, good atmosphere and writing (it's Ryukishi, duh) but I except a more captivating plot for what comes next.

Also I need to finish Clannad, I stopped right after unlocking After Story, I was so bored...

Well there are VNs that I feel that work with heroine centered routes, but for Comyu I like this way much better, it suits its style.

Just got Touka's bad end in Sharin no Kuni.  That was...strange.  Really strange.

Yeah that end really left an impression on me, it's something no one was expecting to see even from a bad ending.

Now onto my progress in Comyu, just finished the first route, great entry route but I just can't shake the feeling that the end was a bit anti-climatic.

Yeah that end really left an impression on me, it's something no one was expecting to see even from a bad ending.

Now onto my progress in Comyu, just finished the first route, great entry route but I just can't shake the feeling that the end was a bit anti-climatic.

I thought the same thing about Benio's route but the next route ( that is if you go for Hisoka next) is fucking amazing

I'm playing reminiscence re collect , it seems like some people don't like it but i quite like it , sometimes it annoys me how Hidetaka is badmouthed too much but the whole game is good for me and i like  short h scenes of Shangri-la / tigre soft

Hoshizora, on the fourth night ... same damn shit just different scenarios. When will things progress?

Wasted time on Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai.

Rereading Grisaia no Kajitsu's common route. It's been ... more than a year since I've read this stuff. None of it comes to me as I'm read it.

I finished up Amane's route a couple of days ago on GnK. The only route I have remaining is Michiru's, though I think I'll finish up what I have left of Koichoco before I move onto it.

I'm doing Amane's route first up. Haven't gotten too far into it, will be continuing tonight.

Hoshizora, on the fourth night ... same damn shit just different scenarios. When will things progress?

Wasted time on Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai.

Rereading Grisaia no Kajitsu's common route. It's been ... more than a year since I've read this stuff. None of it comes to me as I'm read it.

Hoshizora's common route goes on for a while. But unlike Grisaia's constantly brilliant common route, Hoshizora's is more just grating than anything imo.

ah .. :( ..... yeah, Yuuji's the one that made the whole game really fun to read and kinda had a good exposure to the ladies around him. I had good laughs today from reading Grisaia.

Hoshizora is ... I'm not sure? I like the annoying sister, but its so over done that makes my head go god damn shiit.