What are you playing?

I wonder if beans have emotions?

Michiru's route is just too philosophical for me.

...Well, so far, truth be told, it's a bit shakily written, and Yuuji feels out of character compared with previous routes. But meh, let's see where that leads us, I'm getting some nice laughs out of there and it feels like it could end up being more than that.

I wonder if beans have emotions?

Michiru's route is just too philosophical for me.

...Well, so far, truth be told, it's a bit shakily written, and Yuuji feels out of character compared with previous routes. But meh, let's see where that leads us, I'm getting some nice laughs out of there and it feels like it could end up being more than that.

I just thought it was a bad route,

First of all being a fake tsundere, then the shitty forced drama with moewmel and her split personality not to mention the entire pretend dating spiel, not to mention her split personality gets reduced to nothing more than an imaginary friend in the sequels

I just thought it was a bad route,

My hopes of it getting good are pretty slim actually. In itself it could be really interesting, that thematic of

split personality, deep social anxiety, overall fear of some metaphysical questions

...but from what I see it's just not going to be treated well. Yuuji feels completely weird. Also dat beach scene that looked straight out of an H-doujin.

Finally resumed Sharin no Kuni after a two-day break.

Gotta say, even though he's a bit of an asshole, I'm starting to have more respect for Houzuki.  He's brutal, but he doesn't seem to be an inherently terrible person.

Read the fandisc and find out WHY Houzuki is the way he is.

I plan on doing that as soon as I finish Sharin no Kuni.  Hopefully I can finish the other parts of Sachi's route and the other routes faster than I've been doing for her chapter.  Really dragging my feet for some reason.

Don't rush it, it's a nice story so just take it in as you can.

Don't rush it, it's a nice story so just take it in as you can.

Finally finished Chapter 2.  One line really gave me some insight into Houzuki's character:

Houzuki: "Detestable villains such as myself are necessary to urge those who reach toward the sun, such as Mitsuhiro, into action."

Really changed my whole perspective.

You're in the apple tree part, well it's a controversial part in Makina's route for a lot of people.

Yeah...I expected that she'd

pretend that she was what the agents/guards thought she was at first: an innocent girl that accidentally wandered into the wreckage of the apartment building. You'd think Yuuji would've taught her to use other skills than hand-to-hand combat, right? It just wasn't the right decision on her part, which reflected poorly on Yuuji, since he was effectively her teacher.  Trying to beat down people with guns is a pretty bad idea, no matter how good you are.  Plus, her going there at all is a little weird.  She's supposed to be a genius, after all.

Finally finished Chapter 2.  One line really gave me some insight into Houzuki's character:

Houzuki: "Detestable villains such as myself are necessary to urge those who reach toward the sun, such as Mitsuhiro, into action."

Really changed my whole perspective.

Yeah...I expected that she'd

pretend that she was what the agents/guards thought she was at first: an innocent girl that accidentally wandered into the wreckage of the apartment building. You'd think Yuuji would've taught her to use other skills than hand-to-hand combat, right? It just wasn't the right decision on her part, which reflected poorly on Yuuji, since he was effectively her teacher.  Trying to beat down people with guns is a pretty bad idea, no matter how good you are.  Plus, her going there at all is a little weird.  She's supposed to be a genius, after all.

Regarding Makina, she is a genius because she has a lot of potential and is a fast learner, not because she has a lot of knowledge. So it's normal for her to be immature, since in that department she is behind other people her age, she's like a lion cub, has the potential to be very powerful but is yet too young and immature.

Houzuki was always my favorite villain and I haven't even read the fandisk even though I played Sharin no Kuni months ago. He's something that appeared out of necessity not just some random guy who wanted to be crazy, one of the games endings in chapter 5 IIRC point to that even without the fandisk story.

On a different note, just playing Comyu and I wasn't expecting a H-scene out of nowhere with no strings attached.

Regarding Makina, she is a genius because she has a lot of potential and is a fast learner, not because she has a lot of knowledge. So it's normal for her to be immature, since in that department she is behind other people her age, she's like a lion cub, has the potential to be very powerful but is yet too young and immature.

Houzuki was always my favorite villain and I haven't even read the fandisk even though I played Sharin no Kuni months ago. He's something that appeared out of necessity not just some random guy who wanted to be crazy, one of the games endings in chapter 5 IIRC point to that even without the fandisk story.

On a different note, just playing Comyu and I wasn't expecting a H-scene out of nowhere with no strings attached.

Still, though...it's more about common sense, and Yuuji was educating her in order for her to have common sense, so I still find that whole section of her strange.

Yeah, even though he doesn't seem to have any qualms about what he's doing, he has a purpose for doing it, even if it doesn't seem like it.  At least, that's what I've picked up so far.

How is Comyu, by the way?

Gotta say, even though he's a bit of an asshole, I'm starting to have more respect for Houzuki.  He's brutal, but he doesn't seem to be an inherently terrible person.

Wow, it's amazing you've figured out his personality so well this early into the game. I was fairly sure you're supposed to think his a detestable human being until the very end and then see why he became so in the fandisk.

Still, though...it's more about common sense, and Yuuji was educating her in order for her to have common sense, so I still find that whole section of her strange.

Yeah, even though he doesn't seem to have any qualms about what he's doing, he has a purpose for doing it, even if it doesn't seem like it.  At least, that's what I've picked up so far.

How is Comyu, by the way?

Pretty good, better than I originally thought it would be, I was going into to it just as a filler but i'm enjoying it very much. Sometimes it goes about some situations or thoughts in a slightly philosophical way, not too profound but though provoking, at least so far it has in the common, just to make the player feel if it thinks it should be that way or not. The MC can come as a pushover sometimes but he is a very likable one, since there's clearly something more to him than meets the eye. The fantasy setting is also a pretty good one, and not badly executed, it has a tinge of freshness to it.

Edited by madvanced

Wow, it's amazing you've figured out his personality so well this early into the game. I was fairly sure you're supposed to think his a detestable human being until the very end and then see why he became so in the fandisk.

Well, the whole

"shooting the girl in the head" scene in the beginning

made me think that, but someone who was a detestable human being wouldn't even care about explaining their reasoning unless it served some purpose, and I didn't get that vibe from him.  He doesn't really seem like the lying type, at least not directly lying type, anyway.  I've also read a lot of books with shades-of-grey characters, so I tend to try to analyze the characters and their actions and reasoning, even if they seem like despicable human beings.  I like imperfect characters better, anyway; characters with black or white morals kind of bore me, and they're not very realistic.

Pretty good, better than I originally thought it would be, I was going into to it just as a filler but i'm enjoying it very much. Sometimes it goes about some situations or thoughts in a slightly philosophical way, not too profound by though provoking, at least so far it has in the common, just to make the player feel thinks it should be that way or not. The MC can come as a pushover sometimes but he is a very likable one, since there's clearly something more to him than meets the eye. The fantasy setting is also a pretty good one, and not badly executed, it has a tinge of freshness to it.

Guess I should add it to my long list of VNs to read.  At least I'll be busy until Meikyuu is translated ^_^

Well, the whole

"shooting the girl in the head" scene in the beginning

made me think that, but someone who was a detestable human being wouldn't even care about explaining their reasoning unless it served some purpose, and I didn't get that vibe from him.  He doesn't really seem like the lying type, at least not directly lying type, anyway.  I've also read a lot of books with shades-of-grey characters, so I tend to try to analyze the characters and their actions and reasoning, even if they seem like despicable human beings.  I like imperfect characters better, anyway; characters with black or white morals kind of bore me, and they're not very realistic.

Guess I should add it to my long list of VNs to read.  At least I'll be busy until Meikyuu is translated ^_^

The word Meikyuu shall hurt me for as long as I can't read that damn VN.

Hooooohhh damn this was such a good, fun ride. Makina's arc is really good. All arcs were amazing (Sachi still felt a bit dry, just a bit). Grisaia, you earned a 10/10 from me. Finished all routes. I don't like bad endings so if there is nothing to gain out of them I won't do them.

Alright ... what to do next ..........

Hooooohhh damn this was such a good, fun ride. Makina's arc is really good. All arcs were amazing (Sachi still felt a bit dry, just a bit). Grisaia, you earned a 10/10 from me. Finished all routes. I don't like bad endings so if there is nothing to gain out of them I won't do them.

Alright ... what to do next ..........

Amane's bad end is nice and Yumiko's bad end isn't tragic.

I started up Canvas 2 yesterday. I was expecting it to be kinda bad, but it's not. Well, it's not really anything right now, and I don't know if I'd recommend it to anyone, but it's at least slightly better than I expected. So instead I'm expecting it to take a downturn in quality once I hit the heroine routes.

Yeah I just pin-pointed Amane's save spot on that decision in the forest. I honestly don't know if I want to see the bad ending side. I read Yumiko's bad ending and it wasn't as bad as I thought, but I don't like bad or sad endings!

Please don't skip it, trust me, it's fantastic. Even if it's a bad end, there's so much to it.