What are you playing?

No updates since the estimation of it's release this past July?  That was the last I heard about it.

I tried searching through the last few pages of the dedicated thread, but all I found was people talking about emus  lol

Yes... We can't give an ETA because we really don't know, not even the translator, all we know is that he's working on it.

Oh... Just noticed what thread I'm on. Currently playing 'My Girlfriend is the President'

Michiru's is...different.  It's not as realistic as the other routes (barring Yumiko's and her father's weird henchmen wave attacks), and several people, including myself, thought that some characters acted erratically.  A lot of people were dissatisfied with it, at least that I can remember.  The choices and their results make absolutely no sense, too, like madvanced mentioned.

its a work of fiction its alright for it to not make sense.

its a work of fiction its alright for it to not make sense.

Well, yeah, but compared to the other routes in the game it's less realistic; it moves past exaggeration and starts using mystical plot devices.

HUGE SPOILERS FOR MICHIRU'S ROUTE 

I mean, her heart donor's heart having cellular memory and transferring her spirit to Michiru?  WTF.  That whole theory is pseudoscience, and that's just about the recipient's personality changing, not fully receiving the donor's personality.  It pushed at the limits of reality too much for me to enjoy it.

I get that it's a work of fiction, but the other routes only exaggerated to make things more exciting.  It's weird to include something like Michiru's route in with the others.

Well, yeah, but compared to the other routes in the game it's less realistic; it moves past exaggeration and starts using mystical plot devices.

HUGE SPOILERS FOR MICHIRU'S ROUTE 

I mean, her heart donor's heart having cellular memory and transferring her spirit to Michiru?  WTF.  That whole theory is pseudoscience, and that's just about the recipient's personality changing, not fully receiving the donor's personality.  It pushed at the limits of reality too much for me to enjoy it.

I get that it's a work of fiction, but the other routes only exaggerated to make things more exciting.  It's weird to include something like Michiru's route in with the others.

To each his own I guess, even that borderline fantasy plot device was still enjoyable in my personal opinion. Yeah it might be a bit far fetched compared to the rest of the game, but still acceptable.

Good Ending is the top? Just the choice (not the name of the choice, keep the spoilers dead!)

It's way better if you ask when you get there.

Just don't do anything bad and you'll be fine, lad.

Anyways, it should be the top. Unless it isn't. The Good ending is bottom apparently. Which is why it's preferable to ask once you get there so we can easily tell you which it is without 'spoiling' anything.

It's way better if you ask when you get there.

Just don't do anything bad and you'll be fine, lad.

Anyways, it should be the top. Unless it isn't. The Good ending is bottom apparently. Which is why it's preferable to ask once you get there so we can easily tell you which it is without 'spoiling' anything.

Ah thanks for your opinion. I only asked for the option.

I'm still wondering when will they show the actual events of Makina's past. Come on story, spoil the beans already.

Edit - Oh shit here we go!

Good Ending is the top? Just the choice (not the name of the choice, keep the spoilers dead!)

Not everyone remembers the position of the choices, so it's a little hard to tell you which one will get you what ending without spoilers of any kind :/  In the case of Makina's route, just use common sense.  Really, the choice is that easy.  One choice will quite obviously fuck shit up, the other will not.

I honestly didn't care much for any of that. I liked the route, period. (Michiru being there might have helped)

It's not that I dislike Michiru herself; she's actually one of the characters I like.  My ranking of the heroines in terms of how much I like them is 1) Sachi  2) Amane  3) Michiru/Yumiko  4) Makina (Makina kinda creeps me out with the whole "Papa" thing, so that's one of the reasons she's my least favorite), so she's tied with Yumiko for 3rd place on my list of favorites.  The thing I had an issue with was her route, specifically that her route was so unrealistic while the others weren't.  If they had all been unrealistic, I wouldn't have minded, but almost all of them are (fairly) realistic, so her route sticks out like a sore thumb in that sense.  I didn't mind that Hoshimemo's routes were unrealistic because they all were, so it made sense.  It'd be like if a book in the genre of realistic fiction suddenly switched things up and threw magic in there, or like the ending to this Nicolas Cage movie (not to say that her route is as bad as that piece of crap, just using it as an example of why I dislike her route).  It wouldn't have been out of place in, for example, a KEY novel (what someone previously mentioned), but it's a little strange that they included it in Kajitsu.

EDIT: The TV Tropes entries for Out-of-Genre Experience and Genre Shift perfectly explain why I don't like Michiru's route.  Thank you, TV Tropes.  I love you so much.

Ah thanks for your opinion. I only asked for the option.

Utterly my fault.

You specifically stated that you wanted someone to indicate whether the correct choice was the top or the bottom one. Yet I told you the contents of a choice (somewhat).

I will say once again that it's dangerous to ask this kind of question before you get there, but you're right on this occasion.

-----

Just so I stop making useless contributions to this thread, I have now finished Irinas route on 'My Girlfriend is the president'. Has some really good moments that I loved. Mostly Irinas change of personality when it comes to Junichiro.

wait wait wait ...

Grisaia spoiler

Yuuji killed his father? The other arcs don't state anything like that. I know the parents divorced.

You're lucky. I noticed that his VNDB character profile didn't hide the tag of "parricide" in the "Engages in" section, even if you say "Hide spoilers". I knew enough Latin roots to know what that meant (without looking it up), so...that surprise never surprised me.

Your mentioning it reminded me about how it's not hidden, and I just fixed it.  Seriously, no idea why they didn't classify it as spoilers.  Maybe someone derped out.

I'm still in the common route of Grisaia. I know shit's gonna go down at some point, so this is very much subject to change, but so far I'm of the opinion Sachi/Amane > Makina/Michiru > Yumiko. Yumiko just gets on my nerves. I'm sure there's some deep reason for her behaviour, wouldn't be the first time, but honestly I don't care. I'm not a fan of defrosting the ice queen, never will be. I look forward to ignoring her. For reference I skipped Aoba's route entirely in Family Project. Come at me bro.

Michuru is surprisingly pleasant so far. Fake tsunderes are so much better than the real thing. The self-awareness and jokes at her expense are wonderful. Chirpy/clingy characters deoesn't annoy me as much as it does some others (I tend to be fine with girls so long as they aren't violent/abusive), so Makina is more or less fine by me. Sachi is delightful and Amane is a bro, no problems here (so far).

*Disclaimer: These opinions come to you from a position of relative ignorance, pls no pitchforks and fire.

I'm still in the common route of Grisaia. I know shit's gonna go down at some point, so this is very much subject to change, but so far I'm of the opinion Sachi/Amane > Makina/Michiru > Yumiko. Yumiko just gets on my nerves. I'm sure there's some deep reason for her behaviour, wouldn't be the first time, but honestly I don't care. I'm not a fan of defrosting the ice queen, never will be. I look forward to ignoring her. For reference I skipped Aoba's route entirely in Family Project. Come at me bro.

Michuru is surprisingly pleasant so far. Fake tsunderes are so much better than the real thing. The self-awareness and jokes at her expense are wonderful. Chirpy/clingy characters deoesn't annoy me as much as it does some others (I tend to be fine with girls so long as they aren't violent/abusive), so Makina is more or less fine by me. Sachi is delightful and Amane is a bro, no problems here (so far).

*Disclaimer: These opinions come to you from a position of relative ignorance, pls no pitchforks and fire.

Enjoy the ride it's a great game.