What are you playing?

Finished Makina's route yesterday in Grisaia no Kajitsu. Found myself largely disappointed with a lot of aspects in the route. I'm currently on Amane's route, just got to the part where summer vacation begins. So far, so good. She was my favorite character from the git-go so I hope her ending is more satisfying than Makina's.

Finished Makina's route yesterday in Grisaia no Kajitsu. Found myself largely disappointed with a lot of aspects in the route. I'm currently on Amane's route, just got to the part where summer vacation begins. So far, so good. She was my favorite character from the git-go so I hope her ending is more satisfying than Makina's.

You are in for a ride haha

I also finished Makina yesterday and I'm also on Amane's route, in regards to Makina the only thing I didn't like was her good end, her bad end although slightly disturbing it's understandable, but I just can't like her good end.

I also finished Makina yesterday and I'm also on Amane's route, in regards to Makina the only thing I didn't like was her good end, her bad end although slightly disturbing it's understandable, but I just can't like her good end.

Honestly, I liked her bad end better than I liked her good end. 

Makina's insanity kinda reminded me of Psycho, and I thought it was an interesting, and disturbing, way to end her route.

Finished Sachi's bad end in Sharin no Kuni.  It strongly reminded me of a bad end in a chose-your-own-adventure book, which I thought was a little interesting; the only other bad ends I really remember where in Grisaia, and they definitely didn't feel like that, but it's nice to get some variety.

Honestly, I liked her bad end better than I liked her good end. 

Makina's insanity kinda reminded me of Psycho, and I thought it was an interesting, and disturbing, way to end her route.

Finished Sachi's bad end in Sharin no Kuni.  It strongly reminded me of a bad end in a chose-your-own-adventure book, which I thought was a little interesting; the only other bad ends I really remember where in Grisaia, and they definitely didn't feel like that, but it's nice to get some variety.

I don't remember much about Sharin's bad ends, more precisely I only remember one which was Touka's. In regards to Makina's bad end, I kinda had the same feelings so I actually found it suitable, but I just can't like her good end, I loved her route, but that god end...

The route had its redeeming qualities, but there was enough moments that felt just so inexplicable or otherwise fell flat that it left a bad taste in my mouth after everything was all read and done.

Makina's route had some things going for it. Of all the routes I've read so far (the others being Yumiko and Sachi's), the route offered the most back story on Yuuji's past and he developed as a character. The insight into the workings of Yuuji's company and its interplay with the other agencies/ministries is also another thing that I particularly enjoyed. How clear they mad JB's impact on Yuuji's life was also something I really like. I teared up when she came to stop him at the train station.

The things I didn't enjoy about the route are more numerous. For one, two inexplicable moments nagged at the back of my mind. I understand the importance of the apple seedling and get that she in some ways effectively has the mind of a child, but her decision to go back to retrieve it just seemed too much. Yuuji particularly spent his time impressing upon Makina the importance of safety and being smart about situations, but there so goes wandering back to the scene of the crime.  The second thing is the lack of guards being posted at the hospital. It's not reasonable to think that JB wouldn't expect Yuuji to come back to retrieve her  after he pretty much threw everything away to protect her. This is further confounded by Yuuji having no reasonable expectations of her being safe there. He would have no reason to expect that the assassination order was put on hold. I get the reason they half-assedly threw out there of why her mother wouldn't want any guards, but it's within Yuuji's company's due diligence to do so if not only to catch Yuuji, but to secure Makina.

The villains and their motivation could have been done a lot better, but my thoughts on this particular topic are a bit scattered so I'll just leave it at an impression.

I didn't like Makina as a character during her route either, which is a shame since I find her so damn funny and charming. She didn't really seem to develop in any meaningful way in her route, and the things that are eluded to as deficits to her character in the other routes are not really touched on. Makina at the end of the route (barring the bad end) and Makina at the beginning seem to me to be essentially the same person. Her romance with Yuuji is also somewhat inexplicable. I get that both of the H-scenes occur during moments where either Makina or Yuuji are emotionally vulnerable, but it just seems so unnatural that it developed in such a way. I suppose it's a conceit of the medium . I think the story would have been stronger if it remained platonic between the two, reinforcing the symmetry between Yuuji and Makina's relationship and Yuuji and Asako's relationship (I'm assuming the two of them never had sex.)

Another oddity is how quickly she adjusts after seeing her sister blown up, but I guess you can attribute that to Makina's childish personality and willingness to play the fool.

Finally, the endings. Makina as the new 9029 is hands down stupid, even if it fits so perfectly with the whole Asako --> Yuuji --> Makina thing. Asako herself seemed to harbor a regret at only being able to pass onto Yuuji a job in the shadows, so it just seems so unsatisfactory that the chain would continue so unbroken. Barring the highly questionable aspect of her having the skills to do the job so suddenly, it seems strange that Makina would be able to kill people so readily. I get that she's childlike in a way and the weight of the act of killing might be lessened because of that, but given her history it wouldn't be strange for her to have more hangups than the average person. Also, the fact that she's pregnant in one ending and not the other (and the fact she's allowed to do the job even when she's pregnant) is my final complaint on the entire thing.

The above is a bit rough, but they make up the most of my complaints regarding her route. I had heard that Makina's and Amane's routes were the strongest two in the game, so I was disappointed to find my opinion so far from that impression. It made me worry about what to expect from Amane's route.

The route had its redeeming qualities, but there was enough moments that felt just so inexplicable or otherwise fell flat that it left a bad taste in my mouth after everything was all read and done.

Makina's route had some things going for it. Of all the routes I've read so far (the others being Yumiko and Sachi's), the route offered the most back story on Yuuji's past and he developed as a character. The insight into the workings of Yuuji's company and its interplay with the other agencies/ministries is also another thing that I particularly enjoyed. How clear they mad JB's impact on Yuuji's life was also something I really like. I teared up when she came to stop him at the train station.

The things I didn't enjoy about the route are more numerous. For one, two inexplicable moments nagged at the back of my mind. I understand the importance of the apple seedling and get that she in some ways effectively has the mind of a child, but her decision to go back to retrieve it just seemed too much. Yuuji particularly spent his time impressing upon Makina the importance of safety and being smart about situations, but there so goes wandering back to the scene of the crime.  The second thing is the lack of guards being posted at the hospital. It's not reasonable to think that JB wouldn't expect Yuuji to come back to retrieve her  after he pretty much threw everything away to protect her. This is further confounded by Yuuji having no reasonable expectations of her being safe there. He would have no reason to expect that the assassination order was put on hold. I get the reason they half-assedly threw out there of why her mother wouldn't want any guards, but it's within Yuuji's company's due diligence to do so if not only to catch Yuuji, but to secure Makina.

The villains and their motivation could have been done a lot better, but my thoughts on this particular topic are a bit scattered so I'll just leave it at an impression.

I didn't like Makina as a character during her route either, which is a shame since I find her so damn funny and charming. She didn't really seem to develop in any meaningful way in her route, and the things that are eluded to as deficits to her character in the other routes are not really touched on. Makina at the end of the route (barring the bad end) and Makina at the beginning seem to me to be essentially the same person. Her romance with Yuuji is also somewhat inexplicable. I get that both of the H-scenes occur during moments where either Makina or Yuuji are emotionally vulnerable, but it just seems so unnatural that it developed in such a way. I suppose it's a conceit of the medium . I think the story would have been stronger if it remained platonic between the two, reinforcing the symmetry between Yuuji and Makina's relationship and Yuuji and Asako's relationship (I'm assuming the two of them never had sex.)

Another oddity is how quickly she adjusts after seeing her sister blown up, but I guess you can attribute that to Makina's childish personality and willingness to play the fool.

Finally, the endings. Makina as the new 9029 is hands down stupid, even if it fits so perfectly with the whole Asako --> Yuuji --> Makina thing. Asako herself seemed to harbor a regret at only being able to pass onto Yuuji a job in the shadows, so it just seems so unsatisfactory that the chain would continue so unbroken. Barring the highly questionable aspect of her having the skills to do the job so suddenly, it seems strange that Makina would be able to kill people so readily. I get that she's childlike in a way and the weight of the act of killing might be lessened because of that, but given her history it wouldn't be strange for her to have more hangups than the average person. Also, the fact that she's pregnant in one route and not the other (and the fact she's allowed to do the job even when she's pregnant) is my final complaint on the entire thing.

The above is a bit rough, but they make up the most of my complaints regarding her route. I had heard that Makina's and Amane's routes were the strongest two in the game, so I was disappointed to find my opinion so far from that impression. It made me worry about what to expect from Amane's route.

Well since I want to be as brief as possible, even if it's difficult, I will only touch 2 points of what you said. Else I wouldn't be to stop writing.

Makina's hospital was unguarded mainly because it was more advantageous to do so from the Irisu perspective since they could kill her then, and if the client doesn't want guards even if it's CIRS they just can't put guards on a assassination mark wherever they please since it goes beyond them, and I don't think they expected her to be able to walk out of there on her own due to her irregular condition.

Regarding the endings, I get that she would inherit the position of 9029 and even if pregnant and mentally unstable and be able to do her job simply because she was a sniper it is hinted so, she had already displayed such capabilities before, and I'm sure she received training since there seems to exist a time gap, I didn't bother to compare the in-game dates but that's what I deduced. Due to do previously mention mental instability she could possibly kill, she was warped enough at that point. However I didn't find this end too bad.

Now my rage is with the good end. Since Yuuji's alive and they had Makina's money and his savings I don't get why she had to inherit the 9029 in this end. I mean this way Yuuji is but a piece of crap in his own mind, since he's unable to protect Makina now and even had her take up his old position, I just can't imagine Yuuji being happy even if he's with the woman he loves and having a certain freedom. Also right at the end it's hinted that Makina might break apart someday due to the headaches she has hinting at the sames headaches Yuuji had, caused be killing people, this is the end I don't get why she was able to flip her switch to be able to kill people. Also like you said if the chains of the "company" are still around at least in one of the couple's necks it can't be called a good end. For me it was an normal end rather than a good end. Makina route has no good end, there raging done. It's disappointing because I actually like her route.

Sorry for the "essay" in the spoilers.

Have you done Chiruchiru's route yet? She is my favorite ~ 

As for Makina's route I preferred the bad end over the good end, for once. She was the last route I did and not to much really felt new at that point so I was more or less bored. 

I also really wanted to kill Makina's mother so that was a +1 for bad end

:Kappa: 

Have you done Chiruchiru's route yet? She is my favorite ~ 

As for Makina's route I preferred the bad end over the good end, for once. She was the last route I did and not to much really felt new at that point so I was more or less bored. 

I also really wanted to kill Makina's mother so that was a +1 for bad end

:Kappa: 

Although there's much hate for Chiruchiru's route I kinda liked it. I wasn't my favorite but good nonetheless in my opinion.

Michiru's route wasn't the best in my opinion, but like all Grisaia routes (in my opinion) it was great. They were all fantastic in their own ways. As a character she isn't bad, either,

although I prefer her other personality better. >_>

Totally wasn't hoping for her to stay that way or anything.

Well since I want to be as brief as possible, even if it's difficult, I will only touch 2 points of what you said. Else I wouldn't be to stop writing.

Makina's hospital was unguarded mainly because it was more advantageous to do so from the Irisu perspective since they could kill her then, and if the client doesn't want guards even if it's CIRS they just can't put guards on a assassination mark wherever they please since it goes beyond them, and I don't think they expected her to be able to walk out of there on her own due to her irregular condition.

Regarding the endings, I get that she would inherit the position of 9029 and even if pregnant and mentally unstable and be able to do her job simply because she was a sniper it is hinted so, she had already displayed such capabilities before, and I'm sure she received training since there seems to exist a time gap, I didn't bother to compare the in-game dates but that's what I deduced. Due to do previously mention mental instability she could possibly kill, she was warped enough at that point. However I didn't find this end too bad.

Now my rage is with the good end. Since Yuuji's alive and they had Makina's money and his savings I don't get why she had to inherit the 9029 in this end. I mean this way Yuuji is but a piece of crap in his own mind, since he's unable to protect Makina now and even had her take up his old position, I just can't imagine Yuuji being happy even if he's with the woman he loves and having a certain freedom. Also right at the end it's hinted that Makina might break apart someday due to the headaches she has hinting at the sames headaches Yuuji had, caused be killing people, this is the end I don't get why she was able to flip her switch to be able to kill people. Also like you said if the chains of the "company" are still around at least in one of the couple's necks it can't be called a good end. For me it was an normal end rather than a good end. Makina route has no good end, there raging done. It's disappointing because I actually like her route.

Sorry for the "essay" in the spoilers.

For the first point, I understand the advantage the Irisu clan has to having their daughter unguarded. It's pointed out that it would be easier to kill her that way, and even more so should she manage to escape to the outside world. Respecting their clients wishes makes sense to a point, but I would expect they might prioritize capturing Yuuji. For one, they have to go after him regardless. From a practical point, it would be easier to catch him at the hospital than to track and chase him down. Particularly so because of how skilled he is. There's no guarantee Yuuji wouldn't start killing again, so it would be more dangerous to drag out his capture. Given the nature of his organization, I would expect them to take that sort of care. Even if they weren't actively guarding Makina, I would expect them to be surveilling the hospital.

For the second point, being pregnant would hinder how well you could do the job of a sniper. I don't remember the time frame either, but considering she's pregnant with Yuuji's child, I wouldn't expect 1 to 9 months training, on top of all the playing her and Yuuji did, to cut it to do the job of 9029. That's supposed to be reserved for the best. Also, I wouldn't expect an organization like Yuuji's to overlook the importance of psychological health. How Makina is in the bad end would make her an unpredictable element, on and off the job. I wouldn't expect Yuuji's company to retain anyone like that, let alone give them such a high designation.

As for the good end, yeah. It's not really that great of an ending. Yuuji would no doubt be miserable with the way things turned out.

For the first point, I understand the advantage the Irisu clan has to having their daughter unguarded. It's pointed out that it would be easier to kill her that way, and even more so should she manage to escape to the outside world. Respecting their clients wishes makes sense to a point, but I would expect they might prioritize capturing Yuuji. For one, they have to go after him regardless. From a practical point, it would be easier to catch him at the hospital than to track and chase him down. Particularly so because of how skilled he is. There's no guarantee Yuuji wouldn't start killing again, so it would be more dangerous to drag out his capture. Given the nature of his organization, I would expect them to take that sort of care. Even if they weren't actively guarding Makina, I would expect them to be surveilling the hospital.

For the second point, being pregnant would hinder how well you could do the job of a sniper. I don't remember the time frame either, but considering she's pregnant with Yuuji's child, I wouldn't expect 1 to 9 months training, on top of all the playing her and Yuuji did, to cut it to do the job of 9029. That's supposed to be reserved for the best. Also, I wouldn't expect an organization like Yuuji's to overlook the importance of psychological health. How Makina is in the bad end would make her an unpredictable element, on and off the job. I wouldn't expect Yuuji's company to retain anyone like that, let alone give them such a high designation.

As for the good end, yeah. It's not really that great of an ending. Yuuji would no doubt be miserable with the way things turned out.

The hospital being surveilled would defeated the point in Irisu's pov since then Makina wouldn't be able to leave, so since their client with more influence than they have doesn't want that kind of thing, they have to stay put. While I get the pregnancy and mental health issue and agree, they don't bother with that since as long as the "dog" can preform and doesn't commit any crime they don't care, if they see it fit they'll just kill her. Regarding her ability, you forget she is a prodigy, she just wasn't using her potential before, so expect her to be a very, very fast learner.

The hospital being surveilled would defeated the point in Irisu's pov since then Makina wouldn't be able to leave, so since their client with more influence than they have doesn't want that kind of thing, they have to stay put. While I get the pregnancy and mental health issue and agree, they don't bother with that since as long as the "dog" can preform and doesn't commit any crime they don't care, if they see it fit they'll just kill her. Regarding her ability, you forget she is a prodigy, she just wasn't using her potential before, so expect her to be a very, very fast learner.

I'm not quite convinced, but I can appreciate the point. Particularly on the hospital thing. A lot of the reasoning presented by Yuuji's company and the Irisu clan is pretty bare bones, so I can concede that the hospital point could very well be reasonable. The other point I'm still firmly dubious on, but I'll leave alone since I'm going to continue with Amane route right now. I am eager to at least get to her flashback tonight. With the exception of Makina, the game has met my expectations and has been a joy. If Amane is a good as I am hoping it will be and Michiru is at least solid, I expect this game to fall within my top 3 VNs of all time.

I'm not quite convinced, but I can appreciate the point. Particularly on the hospital thing. A lot of the reasoning presented by Yuuji's company and the Irisu clan is pretty bare bones, so I can concede that the hospital point could very well be reasonable. The other point I'm still firmly dubious on, but I'll leave alone since I'm going to continue with Amane route right now. I am eager to at least get to her flashback tonight. With the exception of Makina, the game has met my expectations and has been a joy. If Amane is a good as I am hoping it will be and Michiru is at least solid, I expect this game to fall within my top 3 VNs of all time.

I'm already at the flashback, been for quite some time now, if I enjoy this route as much as it's been hyped it will be in my favorite VN spot shared with F/SN. So happy reading.

I'm already at the flashback, been for quite some time now, if I enjoy this route as much as it's been hyped it will be in my favorite VN spot shared with F/SN. So happy reading.

I will admit, the flashback does drag on for a while, but still, that wasn't enough to make me even consider thinking of another route as the best route.

I will admit, the flashback does drag on for a while, but still, that wasn't enough to make me even consider thinking of another route as the best route.

I'm on the 4th day I think, for some reason I predict it to go until a 8th or 9th day, just guessing here. But I haven't been sleeping much lately, so since its 1:40 AM I'm gonna call it a day and continue tomorrow, good night people.

I'm on the 4th day I think, for some reason I predict it to go until a 8th or 9th day, just guessing here. But I haven't been sleeping much lately, so since its 1:40 am I'm gonna call it a day and continue tomorrow, good night people.

I think I remember it going 14 days or something around that. Her flashback was a bit to long for my tastes, got bored towards the middle but then the end picked up.

Exactly. I got bored and just skipped it.

Funnily enough, I go around saying Grisaia no Kajitsu is my favourite visual novel even having skipped loads of it. (Bad ends and half of Angelic Howl)

How can you say its your favourite if you haven't even completed it yet? Skipping =/= Completing