What are you playing?

Well, I survived another Fuwapocalypse.  WE SHALL ENDURE.

I finally finished the first chapter of Inganock, and started on the second.  Kia is pretty strange, but then again, so is Gii, so...yeah.  I find it amusing that the only relatively normal character so far seems to be Ati, who's a mutant.

Thought it was interesting how all of the side characters were dull colors; I'm guessing it was to contrast them against Ati, Gii, Kia, and Salem.

Finally! I was on a Fuwa withdrawal the past few days, it was horrible. :D Got into the fourth chapter of Corpse Party: Blood Drive. Not counting the terrible gameplay and ridiculously bad wrong ends, the VN (?) is pretty interesting so far. I'm just curious where they go with it, hopefully they will have the balls to kill off more of the main cast, otherwise it'd be just boring. I mean, this can't have a good ending, right?

Also slowly getting back into Muramasa when I have the time. Man I love that VN, especially the atmosphere. Just in the second chapter of Ichijou's route or so, things are going in a very different direction than I thought they would. Awesome stuff.

Playing Akatsuki no goei , i'll probably finish the trinity and play reminiscence after 

Good luck with Reminiscence, it was suffering going through it for me. So boring most of the time, and unlikeable.

Finished Hoshimemo finally, and have to say...

Somewhat disappointed by the combined (?) route of Yume and Mare. Feels like Mare got jipped in the end. The last two routes just felt like a Yume and Mare route to me, with Yume taking the focus. Which, was fine with me, because I liked Yume more in the first place and, it just seems more fitting for him to focus more on his childhood friend whom he loves.

At the same time, finding Mare adorable, I didn't like the fact she got sidelined pretty much with just a tiny ending for herself. If I had to say, as heart-wrenching as Yume's route was, at least the ending was amazing. Yume ftw, sorry you got screwed over, Mare-chan.

Anyways, I think I'm gonna finish my last playthrough for Kamidori, then finally start Rewrite. So much stuff in my backlog >_>

Playing Chiruchiru's route and already went through the first H-scene, since there are only 2 I'm guessing I'm at the middle of the route. Overall I'm enjoying the route more than I though I would. Even though I'm leaving the 2 best characters to the end I'm enjoying every route so far. It seems Grisaia is my kind of game, it's on its way to top my personal ranking that is held in 1st place by Fate/Stay Night.

P.S.- Fuwa don't die on us

I finished Yumiko's route and started on Sachi's route yesterday. Just a little past the point where Yuuji discovers her past and sets out to help her. I'm thinking I'll do Michiru next, as Makina and Amane are my favorite characters and I've heard they were the stronger routes out of the lot.

Tokyo Babel (http://vndb.org/v9205) I like the voices and the character interaction is not bad. There's interesting things all around, but not knowing how to approach the chuuni makes me uneasy.

Kitto, Sumiwataru Asairo Yori mo (http://vndb.org/v1483) Woahhhh that OP video. It had all the atmosphere the game had so far, with motion!

Izayoi no Fortuna (http://vndb.org/v9913) The protagonist is a bum, but after overlooking that I have relatively few quibbles and it's roughly enjoyable.

I just want you to know your Avatar makes me happy in no small amount.

Finished Irosekai and it was amazing I don't want to say anything but I loved the whole thing pretty much. I'll definitely be reading the FD at some point (not now) and then Astral Air... Why is Favorite's stuff so good?!?

In other news, and crazier news... I'm finally back to reading/playing Baldr Sky which I put on hold for quite a while due to fear. Overcoming fears is a necessary means to achieve greatness, right? I also picked up a few other VNs that seem interesting and started reading them... but I don't make a habit of playing multiple VNs at once so they are also on hold until my main focus shifts back to them. I'm rather whimsical. :/

I would suggest you read Irohika ASAP (to put it more precisely, it is a sequel under the guise of an FD) as it is even greater than its original. I would say that the entirety of Irosekai is merely a "Prologue" or "First Chapter" to the whole story in general. I have gotten my dose of diabetes, tears and blood out of it and it causes me to suffer withdrawal symptoms to the point I couldn't focus on anything else for a good week. It is just that amazing. Well, Baldr Sky is also godly in alot of ways (especially the last route) as well, you will be in for a string of good rides.

I am now starting on the 4th route of Astral Air (I have played about a week and I am only halfway through the game, despite my slow playing speed compared to alot of people out there, due to work), and I like it very much, thanks to it having everything we love from Favorite's style and quality.

I finished Yumiko's route and started on Sachi's route yesterday. Just a little past the point where Yuuji discovers her past and sets out to help her. I'm thinking I'll do Michiru next, as Makina and Amane are my favorite characters and I've heard they were the stronger routes out of the lot.

We have the same tastes Makina and Amane are also my favorite characters, hence why i'm leaving them to the end, I also finished Yumiko's and Sachi's, I'm now doing Chiruchiru's. They are pretty good routes on their own.

Screw it.  I made it another chapter into Inganock, but Sharin no Kuni is pulling at me.  I hate to drop another VN for the moment, but I need something different.  Starting it now.

EDIT: What the fuck?  So, I get a few minutes in, and someone

gets shot in the head, just for being

late? I mean, I got that it's a distopia, but Jesus. Didn't see that one coming.

Hoho. Just wait, you'll LOVE Houzuki.

No, really. He is the badass of the story along with Ken.

Kinda seems like a jerk, but I'll have to take your word on it.

Oh, by the way, is there a proper route order for Sharin no Kuni?  I glanced at the walkthrough, and it says that I'm supposed to do Natsumi's route first because I "won’t be able to switch [relationships] in later chapters".  Does that matter that much?  From what I got from that statement, couldn't I just reload an earlier save and skip to the choices?  Don't want to screw something up for myself, but I want to do Sachi's route first.

Really loving the humor so far.  Not surprised that people said it was similar to Grisaia at all; Yuuji and Kenichi are both arrogant, smart-mouthed jackasses, and I love them for it.  Ken breaking the fourth wall doesn't hurt, either; when I figured out he was describing Sachi to me out loud in front of her I cracked up.  The writers must have had fun making this VN.

Oh, by the way, is there a proper route order for Sharin no Kuni?  I glanced at the walkthrough, and it says that I'm supposed to do Natsumi's route first because I "won’t be able to switch [relationships] in later chapters".  Does that matter that much?  From what I got from that statement, couldn't I just reload an earlier save and skip to the choices?  Don't want to screw something up for myself, but I want to do Sachi's route first.

Really loving the humor so far.  Not surprised that people said it was similar to Grisaia at all; Yuuji and Kenichi are both arrogant, smart-mouthed jackasses, and I love them for it.  Ken breaking the fourth wall doesn't hurt, either; when I figured out he was describing Sachi to me out loud in front of her I cracked up.  The writers must have had fun making this VN.

The girl you choose in Sharin only changes which H-scenes you get during the game and the epilogue you get. If memory serves each girl has just 1 choice to get her route and it's really obvious when you see it. So just save at each of the choices and go for the girl you want, and when you're done reload one of the saves. The only exception is the harem ending, which you get with the same choice as Natsumi's route, but you need to not be nice to her in earlier choices.

It's pretty much an earlier Grisaia, both MCs are special in some way, and all the heroines have their unique and painful problem. I liked it very much.

Finished Irosekai and it was amazing I don't want to say anything but I loved the whole thing pretty much. I'll definitely be reading the FD at some point (not now) and then Astral Air... Why is Favorite's stuff so good?!?

In other news, and crazier news... I'm finally back to reading/playing Baldr Sky which I put on hold for quite a while due to fear. Overcoming fears is a necessary means to achieve greatness, right? I also picked up a few other VNs that seem interesting and started reading them... but I don't make a habit of playing multiple VNs at once so they are also on hold until my main focus shifts back to them. I'm rather whimsical. :/

Irosekai.. Hops up on my reading list now. A lot of people saying good stuff about it.

Baldr is massive, but it's really good. Took me 120 hours to complete bladr sky dive 1+2. Worth it.

I tend to read multiple vn's and play until one hooks me. Then play that single one mostly.

The girl you choose in Sharin only changes which H-scenes you get during the game and the epilogue you get. If memory serves each girl has just 1 choice to get her route and it's really obvious when you see it. So just save at each of the choices and go for the girl you want, and when you're done reload one of the saves. The only exception is the harem ending, which you get with the same choice as Natsumi's route, but you need to not be nice to her in earlier choices.

Okay, so it's basically a normal VN in that sense.  I guess the person who made the walkthrough assumed that people wouldn't save when they got to every choice.  Thanks for the explanation, Flutterz!

Okay, so it's basically a normal VN in that sense.  I guess the person who made the walkthrough assumed that people wouldn't save when they got to every choice.  Thanks for the explanation, Flutterz!

It's not really a normal VN because the main story doesn't change. If there's a girl you don't like you won't miss out on anything except H-scenes and a tiny bit of story if you don't do her route.

And it's just that the format for walkthroughs on Fuwa is such that people can easily start from the beginning and get to any route they need. :P

It's not really a normal VN because the main story doesn't change. If there's a girl you don't like you won't miss out on anything except H-scenes and a tiny bit of story if you don't do her route.

And it's just that the format for walkthroughs on Fuwa is such that people can easily start from the beginning and get to any route they need. :P

Huh.  So...it's kinda like one long common route, in that sense?  Strange.  Don't think I've heard of a VN doing that before.

I actually thought it was older than it was, so I was a little surprised when I found out it was released in 2005.  I was guessing late 90s or really early 2000 from the art style.

EDIT: Yep, I have no idea what to expect from this VN anymore.  Just got to the personal property inspection...so many panties...

Finished Sachi's arc yesterday. Is it me or does the ending feel dry compared to Yumiko, Amane and Michiru? I'm talking about the epilogue :/

I understand that everything went as smooth and buttery as it could ... but it just ended ... just like that! I expected to see Sachi in the future, like 10 years from that moment. Maybe her mom would wake up or her children would show up. I'm so ... I feel so empty! Why you no give Sachi such awesomeness?!

On Makina's route now.

Finished Sachi's arc yesterday. Is it me or does the ending feel dry compared to Yumiko, Amane and Michiru? I'm talking about the epilogue :/

I understand that everything went as smooth and buttery as it could ... but it just ended ... just like that! I expected to see Sachi in the future, like 10 years from that moment. Maybe her mom would wake up or her children would show up. I'm so ... I feel so empty! Why you no give Sachi such awesomeness?!

On Makina's route now.

Most people that are in vegetative states for years and years and years don't wake up. In fact, they're usually taken off life support if there's no response after a certain number of years, at least here in the US (it's still a decision for the person's family, but that seems to be the trend). I thought that Sachi's good end was better than Michiru's and Yumiko's

because it was realistic, unlike theirs.  I thought Michiru's route was pretty out of place in Kajitsu, which tends to exaggerate, but not push, the boundaries of reason and logic; that, and Yuuji acted pretty out of character with the whole "bury Michiru to help her" situation.  She could have possibly died from asphyxiation, since when you're freaked out you usually hyperventilate and use up limited air more rapidly.

Not all of the routes have an epilogue, and it would be a little strange if they all had timeskips to Yuuji and one heroine having a kid together, right?  That'd just be lazy writing, akin to copy+pasting endings.

Trying to survive through Muv Luv Extra. This game is my own personal nightmare. Moe-fied characters, cheesy high school harem comedy, boring writing. Ugh... I can't wait for Unlimited and Alternative. And the worst part is that I'm going to "replay" it on the PS3.

Ohhhohohoh? I'm guessing you already read through all three novels from the sounds of it.

Most people that are in vegetative states for years and years and years don't wake up. In fact, they're usually taken off life support if there's no response after a certain number of years, at least here in the US (it's still a decision for the person's family, but that seems to be the trend). I thought that Sachi's good end was better than Michiru's and Yumiko's

because it was realistic, unlike theirs.  I thought Michiru's route was pretty out of place in Kajitsu, which tends to exaggerate, but not push, the boundaries of reason and logic; that, and Yuuji acted pretty out of character with the whole "bury Michiru to help her" situation.  She could have possibly died from asphyxiation, since when you're freaked out you usually hyperventilate and use up limited air more rapidly.

Not all of the routes have an epilogue, and it would be a little strange if they all had timeskips to Yuuji and one heroine having a kid together, right?  That'd just be lazy writing, akin to copy+pasting endings.

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from. I still wanted an epilogue to conclude a nice unique ending like the other three I mentioned. Sachi's ending still felt dry on my lips. :/