What are you playing?

Quick question, do you guys play the bad ends even after you get the good end? It seems kinda pointless to me after I get the good end as it would kill the whole good vibe you know? Or do you guys get the bad ends first on purpose so the good end feels more rewarding?

i myself go for bad then good if i can and if there is a bad one not all games have them. that way, rather than having a happy ending, then going back to the bad one and getting sad, i can just get sad, then get happy from the good ending :) (if it makes sense) and i like seeing both endings out of curiosity :)

Quick question, do you guys play the bad ends even after you get the good end? It seems kinda pointless to me after I get the good end as it would kill the whole good vibe you know? Or do you guys get the bad ends first on purpose so the good end feels more rewarding?

It is pointless if I do the good end then the bad end it doesn't make sense so I do the bad end first

i myself go for bad then good if i can and if there is a bad one not all games have them. that way, rather than having a happy ending, then going back to the bad one and getting sad, i can just get sad, then get happy from the good ending :) (if it makes sense) and i like seeing both endings out of curiosity :)

Makes sense, I just personally don't want to play for 10+ hours of a route to get sad and then do it again to get happy. If that makes sense, unless I really like the VN and want to 100% it.

Makes sense, I just personally don't want to play for 10+ hours of a route to get sad and then do it again to get happy. If that makes sense, unless I really like the VN and want to 100% it.

Don't forget that There could be even some important information in the bad ends so I go for them just to make sure

Yea makes sense :)

Don't forget that There could be even some important information in the bad ends so I go for them just to make sure

Yea i agree, it's why i always try to at least get all the routes

I think you should do as the general consensus says and go with worst first, best last. I, myself, liked Sachi's route most. I have yet to complete Amane, Michiru and Yumiko's routes. However, I am a bit reluctant. You see, I have no interest in these girls.

I think you should do as the general consensus says and go with worst first, best last. I, myself, liked Sachi's route most. I have yet to complete Amane, Michiru and Yumiko's routes. However, I am a bit reluctant. You see, I have no interest in these girls.

Another issue I have faced. I want to see everything the VN has to offer but how can I when I have noooo interest in the girls. Like in Katawa Shoujo I really loved Lily's, Emi's and Hanako's routes but had zero interest in the other two. I forced my self to play them and it made the experience less enjoyable.

Another issue I have faced. I want to see everything the VN has to offer but how can I when I have noooo interest in the girls. Like in Katawa Shoujo I really loved Lily's, Emi's and Hanako's routes but had zero interest in the other two. I forced my self to play them and it made the experience less enjoyable.

If you want to see everything but have 0 interest in the girl could you not just skip past the bits and just look at the images? :) or just read the bits that look semi important :P

If you want to see everything but have 0 interest in the girl could you not just skip past the bits and just look at the images? :) or just read the bits that look semi important :P

When it comes to knowledge I like to know all I can about a subject. I find it annoying my self because if you look at some of my content 60% I am going to ask a question. Why am I going to? Because I feel like I have to know about something to get the full enjoyment out of it. After Katawa Shoujo I don't bother with routes I am not interested in. If I liked the VN that much but not a route I can look up a summary of it, if I can find one. If I can't you ask? Then I post asking for a summary...  :( Can't help it who I am lol

And, no, you can't. See, if you skip, you could miss something important or interesting. And the images are only for perverts, most of the time.

I was really angry at Katawa Shoujo. Misha was my absolute favorite girl, and her route was the only one that didn't exist. GAAAHH.

Not played it yet, but yea annoys me when there is a character you want to be with but can't haha, that has happened to many times to me in visuals >.<

When it comes to knowledge I like to know all I can about a subject. I find it annoying my self because if you look at some of my content 60% I am going to ask a question. Why am I going to? Because I feel like I have to know about something to get the full enjoyment out of it. After Katawa Shoujo I don't bother with routes I am not interested in. If I liked the VN that much but not a route I can look up a summary of it, if I can find one. If I can't you ask? Then I post asking for a summary...  :( Can't help it who I am lol

and yea i guess your right haha :D 

Finished Chapter 3 of Muramasa. I later read gare's rundown of the chapter https://gareblogs.wordpress.com/2012/08/29/133/ and learned what was up.

W-Wha-Wha-Wha-What? What? What the hell did you do, Nitro+? What the fuck? What?

I preferred Ichijyou over Kanae, but either would have been fine. I *was* headed for Kanae's route because I heard Ichijyou's route had more punch. The worrying thing is my affection level with Ichijyou is low (it was 1 at the end of Chapter 3.) Does that mean that I won't be able to go through her route? The right click menu has been functionally disabled (only after *that* event), which might be a hint that this save is dead. Oh well, since you can navigate directly to the save menu with the hotkey 's', I still can progress...

Currently playing the last episode of Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru by 07th Expansion. It was a really interesting experience since it was the first mystery (or not-so-mystery) visual novel I ever read, and I'd definitely recommend this visual novel. So if you haven't heard of it before, you should probably check it out.

That is, if you don't mind spending more than 50 hours reading a huge block of text without any choices whatsoever before the last chapter of the game, and have to go through a lot of sudden genre shifts and a HUGE cast of characters. Still an awesome VN though.

I'm reading Muv Luv Extra for the first time  :lol:  I will do Meiya's route first then Sumika. and I'm still reading Umineko episode 3 but slowing down thanks to Hunter x Hunter :rolleyes:

Ah i just finished all the muv-luv extra routes yesterday :D i am onto unlimited now ^.^ its a good read :) meiya's route is my favorite though on extra but won't spoil anything  ;)

I really dislike how slow all these routes are until you get to the third half of them in Grisaia. I bet everyone thinks I'm really impatient.

However, this is probably the first VN that I love all the heroines. Not tolerate but love. They've all grown on me like a family (probably due to the side effects of a slow VN). Yes, even Michiru. By the way her standard toon is comically ugly, but oddly I find her CG fascinating (not the H scenes.) 

I really dislike how slow all these routes are until you get to the third half of them in Grisaia. I bet everyone thinks I'm really impatient.

However, this is probably the first VN that I love all the heroines. Not tolerate but love. They've all grown on me like a family (probably due to the side effects of a slow VN). Yes, even Michiru. By the way her standard toon is comically ugly, but oddly I find her CG fascinating (not the H scenes.) 

i won't blame you there were times when i felt bored too it's not over 50 hours long for nothing you know

You're not the only one who dislikes how slow the routes are lol. It just felt so long to get to the meat of the girl's route...

i won't blame you there were times when i felt bored too it's not over 50 hours long for nothing you know

A lot of slice of life build up for sure. Reading the synopsis for the 2nd and 3rd game leads me to believe that there's more excitement and less slice of life?

A lot of slice of life build up for sure. Reading the synopsis for the 2nd and 3rd game leads me to believe that there's more excitement and less slice of life?

When is it they are getting translated if you know? i heard the 2nd one was getting translated a while ago, but haven't seen anything since 

When is it they are getting translated if you know? i heard the 2nd one was getting translated a while ago, but haven't seen anything since 

the translator is now working on an official translating project so he won't be available for a while 

Let's just say the pace that they're translating it at is what inspired me to learn Japanese. 

lol