What are you playing?

Finally got some more time in between exams and finished Kanae's route in Muramasa. Damn that was long - and awesome!

That's good to hear because Kanae's route is probably the weakest one out of the three IMO -- in other words if you already thought that was awesome, you'll *love* the other two. That's where the primary themes of Muramasa (善悪相殺, heroism, justice, etc.) really come to the forefront, and Hikaru will have a much larger role to play, too.

I started playing Umineko again and I have to say, I didn't think I would be this hooked. Things get interesting too far and still it's chapter 2 holy moly 

...WAIT this is chapter 1. What the hell? How will this story develop? Tonight we have a marathon guys.

By the way:

The nice lovely conversation between Eva and Hideyoshi...we need to link THIS to a dictionary and name it "The Most Literal Definition of Death Flag you would ever get"

At first she looks irritating then this conversation suddenly occurs when you sympathize with her and start to like her or something like than then BAM she's dead. Even my dog saw that coming

^ For me, it was Amane>Makina>Sachi>Michiru>Yumiko. Despite my inability to sympathise with Michiru and her route being out-of-place, it was still somehow more enjoyable than the straight up badly written Yumiko one. As for the first three, they were not only much better done, but they also contained information about the greater plot and Yuuji's past - which instantly made me like them much more than the rest.

What, you didn't like watching Yuuji grind mooks so that he could defeat the plane boss?

Tomorrow I'll be going in a quite long bus trip. so I'll need an all ages to distract myself. I'll be downloading Umineko, in that case, hope it's as good as everyone says... hehe and on the Fuwa page for that VN I saw loli twins... blue haired for that matter, I'm looking forward to meeting them.

EDIT: And since it's a murder mystery, I highly hope none of them dies 0_o

Tomorrow I'll be going in a quite long bus trip. so I'll need an all ages to distract myself. I'll be downloading Umineko, in that case, hope it's as good as everyone says... hehe and on the Fuwa page for that VN I saw loli twins... blue haired for that matter, I'm looking forward to meeting them.

EDIT: And since it's a murder mystery, I highly hope none of them dies 0_o

Sorry to disappoint you, but they're not twins, they just look similar. :P

Alternating between Grisaia no Kajitsu and Katawa Shoujo (both of which incidentally have blonde twin-tails that I fancy <3). Just finished Michiru's route (shoddily-written route, great character/personality), so Imma head over to the Hanako route with what little energy I have for the rest of the morning (2:40am).

So far I got 3 bad endings in 999, so I decided to search for a guide to see how many endings it actually has. I started the normal ending now and after I'll be playing the true and last ending. 

Also started Symphonic Rain, really not sure what to think of it though.. maybe I just have to put it down and pick a long and supposedly great VN to read..

*Installing Rewrite*

Blah, finished Houkago no Futekikakusha. The game makes you appreciate a lots of things that wouldn't be of much importance in most VN's by having you care for all the characters. The game's main focus and where it goes the fathest lies in human emotions and fragility: anguish, wishes, hope, solidarity, and most of all: togetherness.

Sorry to disappoint you, but they're not twins, they just look similar. :P

Holy hell, Flutterz, I thought you dropped off the face of the earth.  Good to see you again!  ^_^

FINALLY getting back to Grisaia.  I thought I was going to have more free time after school was out, but I didn't get much until now.  By the way, what year is Grisaia set in?  It's hard to know the quasi-accurate currency value unless I can cross-reference the value against the year, and stuff like that bugs me until I figure it out.

Holy hell, Flutterz, I thought you dropped off the face of the earth.  Good to see you again!  ^_^

FINALLY getting back to Grisaia.  I thought I was going to have more free time after school was out, but I didn't get much until now.  By the way, what year is Grisaia set in?  It's hard to know the quasi-accurate currency value unless I can cross-reference the value against the year, and stuff like that bugs me until I figure it out.

A few possibilities come to mind:

1.  20XX

2.  In the Not Too Distant Future (Next Sunday A.D.)

3.  Present Day...  Present Time (cue somewhat creepy laughter)

A few possibilities come to mind:

1.  20XX

2.  In the Not Too Distant Future (Next Sunday A.D.)

3.  Present Day...  Present Time (cue somewhat creepy laughter)

And you don't seem to understaaand~♪

Err, sorry. :D Unless I forgot, I'm pretty sure Grisaia was set in the same year it came out on, 2011.

Played a bit of Dekinai trial ver. Until now, the story is better than I thought (slice of life is always my cup of tea). But... time leap? The setting have a lot of potential, but it also have its risk.

I don't expect much of AKB3. And I just hope it won't turn out like Juukishi...

Now, turning back to Anzu route in AkaGoei fandisc.

So I just finished Yukine's route in Clannad.  I still feel about the same as I did before.  Some fairly amusing humor(mostly involving Sunohara), but nothing that special in terms of drama.  Moving on to Ryou's route next(following the recommended order in the walkthrough).

So far this VN hasn't been particularly compelling, but neither could I claim it to be difficult to get through.  My biggest complaint would be that many scenes are the same between routes, but there are just enough differences that skipping previously read dialogue would make the new dialogue feel somewhat jarring. 

Completed Subarashiki Hibi ~Furenzoku Sonzai~ (SubaHibi or suba) a few days ago now. Got time to digest it some. (All the endings ofc)

To say obvious about this. I'll put stuff that spoils the vn in the spoiler. Tbh, if you are going to read the vn in close future. I'd not read this, as I'd like you have a blank slate while reading it. It's that kind of vn.

Now onto my thoughts.

It's been a hell of a ride.. This vn is hard to compare to other vn's. Imo it's been one of the best vn's I've read. Even so, it's hard to vote on it because it's such a unique vn.

I'll start with the things I didn't like so much with the vn.
The vn has a lot of different ero scenes, that is to say the least. I always thought I'd avoid to see some of these kinds weird ero stuff. But, reading this vn. I somehow did anyway. You might wonder. Can't I just skip those ero scenes? Well. You could, but a lot of them are a big part of the story. Skipping them is removing a part the actual story. So to read this vn you kinda have to stomach them and follow the story still.

To be honest, the worst H-scene for me. Was rather early in the game. In "It's my own invention" in the scene with the school desk. It was so sad so frustrating so horrible to read. I hoped at the time that he had some part of sanity left in him at the time. But he didn't. I seriously got more disturbed by that than I did in Saya no Uta's H-scenes. Suba made me cry and I wanted to puke lol afterwards lol.
The other ero stuff afterwards I didn't mind so much btw. You already know he's messed up lol.

Another thing I didn't like:

Was the "Insects" chapter didn't feel as important as the others was. The chapter was ofc necessary, but a lot of the time you were reading stuff you knew were going to happen. But I got a feeling that was also the point. So I'll pass on this really.

Yup, pretty much only those two things I didn't like in the vn. Good vn yes~~ On to the stuff I liked and the story.

The Vn really is about 3 major things I'd say. They are all pretty interconnected. The story, the characters and the philosophical. The philosophical stuff really pops of all the time.

The characters are really really great imo. Not all characters have voices, but most of them who have are great. I mean Mamiya's voice changes just increases the epicness of the story. Due to how the vn is set up in the terms of chapters. You will also see how multiple sides of each character and what they think. This makes the characters seem and feel very dynamic. Also to try to understand what is happening. You have to consider a lot of stuff to try to get a grip on what actually is going on. Fun~

The story, which is divided into multiple chapters/perspectives. Are all mostly very interesting to read.

Really all of the chapters are great reads. The honestly the speeches  "It's My invention" are awesome to say the least. Some of them don't even need voices. They are that good.

Aside from the text of the story. The BGM is beautiful. The themes and different ending songs. Fit perfectly to the story and different characters. It really enchants the vn.

The CG's and sprites are also really great. The art itself is really nice, it feels really detailed and at the same time smooth. How they used the CG's what also really nice. Usually VN have like a cg of something that is obvious that is taking place and the rest is mostly it's just of ero scenes.
Most of the cg's in this game adds a new description to the scene. They usually give a picture of something that is much better shown than described in the text.

Some after thoughts.

If we look aside from the story and the characters. Looking back at all that a happens. In the end pretty much everything is explained. But as you peel the onion that is this vn. You notice that something beside the onion that was very interesting. The loads of philosophical concepts that pop up in the vn is fun to think about. You might even consider to read some up on Wittgenstein and other philosophers. Simply because you want to understand the story more and understand what they thought.

There is also a lot of Literature quotes that come up in this vn. I really have no idea how much Lewis Carroll, Edwin Abbott, Miyazawa Kenji etc is important for the story. Depending if you have read some of the references or not. You will likely get another view of the story. If this is a incorrect view.. I have no idea lol. Personally I'd like to connect Flatland multiple parts of the vn to explain what is happening. But you might as well use Wittgenstein or some of the concepts that is explained in the vn itself.

Because at the end some of the stuff isn't really explained, and I think that's fine. It is how it should be. That is what the writer wanted.

At the end of the thoughts of my vn I tend to score the vn. Hard lol. All things considered. I will score this 10/10. Jolly good. Yes I loved this vn.

And you don't seem to understaaand~♪

Err, sorry. :D Unless I forgot, I'm pretty sure Grisaia was set in the same year it came out on, 2011.

I thought it was somewhere around there, since I saw the date a couple of times on the menu between scenes, but I couldn't remember what it was for the life of me.  Thanks.