What are you playing?

... I don't know how people can play Swan Song with out getting a knot in their stomach. It is gut wrenching what these people are doing to each other...

I mean sicking the dog on the hostage in the snow to rip her apart in front of everyone? Felt like I was going to throw up just imagining that...

Kuwagata-san is it? I can't even express my hatred towards him as I continue to play this VN...

I just finished Michiru's route in Grisaia last night. I went through this one pretty quickly and I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't as intense as the other routes but I enjoyed the light-heartiness of it. Probably the cutest route so far and it got me at a good time too since I was kind of in the mood for something not as intense but still interesting.

For her flashback I thought it was kind of stupid that the swapping hearts was what caused the dual personality. I knew right away and I was hoping that I was wrong and got my hopes up with Yuuji's little placebo effect. Still the cutest stories since I have a thing for tsundere stories (though she kind of wasn't a tsundere but still an awesome dere none the less).

Started "Rewrite: Harvest Festa"! Just couldn't wait any longer for the TL. Just finished Lucia's route, and it was great! ^^ Now planning to skip through Chihaya to get to Akane's route, but definitely most excited to see 

Kagari's route!

:D

I've been slowly cathing up with my backlog and finished few vn's just in the past few days. Other than that, it feels so tiring I often wind up playing Battle Bakraid any nothing else. I even resurrected my C64. I'm slowly losing interest in modern games, to be honest; it's especially true for the AAA prodcuctions. There's not much that picks up my interest and I'm only looking forward to clearing my vn backlog, so I can play the newest vn's.

Currently about 10 hours (I think... i lose track of time) into Grisaia, on a part of the common route called "Parent Teacher Conferences" for a specific location. Loving the characters and the comedy clicks with me. Looking forward to reading more soon.

Got my first ending in Muramasa. A game over, that is. I suck lol

Chapter four was amazing, I've never seen a situation go from bad to worse so many times in a row. And chapter 5... damn, that was some heavy stuff... loved it. I only hope the VN keeps up this amazing pace.

Anyway, time to figure out what I did wrong and get on a route.. :D

I'm finally making my way through my first Key VN, Clannad.  Almost done with Minae's route.  

I'm starting to think that this really should have been my 2nd VN to read after Katawa Shoujo, as I was more or less looking for something similar when I finished that one.  I had some problems with the files at the time(had no internet, so I was downloading onto my tablet and transferring manually; something kept getting screwed up in the process) and ended up playing Steins;Gate instead, which turned me on to VNs with sci-fi/fantasy themes.  Consequentially I kept putting off school dramedies in favor of VNs like Muv-Luv.

But people keep speaking highly of Key's work, so I figure I need to try one out, so here we are.  So far the comedy is decent, not as good as Grisaia, but better than Muv-Luv Extra.  I'm guessing that the drama will come into play more on other routes, as it seems that Misae's is a bit on the short side.

But people keep speaking highly of Key's work, so I figure I need to try one out, so here we are.  So far the comedy is decent, not as good as Grisaia, but better than Muv-Luv Extra.  I'm guessing that the drama will come into play more on other routes, as it seems that Misae's is a bit on the short side.

For all VNs before Rewrite, Maeda Jun is pretty much the only one capable of making a worthwhile storyline. You may still like the other routes though, but his stories are generally where the Key hype comes from. Maeda's routes really are amazing, but Key's games are unfortunately bogged down by the mediocrity from the other writers. Air is especially notorious for the poorly written side routes.

Also, the dorm manager has a route? Holy shit!

Slowly got to the end of Muramasa Chapter 2. Hmm. I'd have to say I'm most interested in the main character. The others don't interest me nearly as much atm, though they do build the setting. Oh, and the "route-close" event scared the crap out of me.

Finished chapter 3 out of 5 in Giniro. I thought I wasn't going to get into this chapter's story (they start out slow, and this chapter's setting wasn't my favourite, but there was some turning point that grabbed me in suddenly.) The third chapter was dominated by drama, unlike the previous ones. Seeing things unfold was like a cross between watching a train wreck in a disguise, and watching a train wreck.

Please disregard my previous post on Giniro (it's rather misguided). Giniro is characterized by:

Drama, Grief, Melancholy, Nihilism (in the first chapter), historical element/settings, utsuge, detailed emotions of characters, some word artistry, and likely some overarching themes.

Played the prologue of houkago no futekikakusha. Oh my god. That was gripping.

edit: That wasn't the end of the prologue, it was only the end of the diary. That was a ultimately unremarkable introductory premise sculpted into an unbelievably powerful intro.

She is unimaginably strong. Heck, all the characters are. So I thought...

...until I learned how they cling on to notions as to not crumple in the face of hopelessness.

Had the urge to play something really dark at 3am in the morning, so I started up Saya no Uta since everyone mentions it when it comes to dark stories....

Wow. 

Just got ending one and all I can say is that's not what I expected.

I thought there would be guts flying everywhere from the protag rejecting Saya, only to find out he actually loved her regardless of her form and didn't reject her at all. I was also shocked that Saya was willing to let the man go, and even more so open herself up to his rejection. Pleasantly surprised to say the least.

Looking forward to continuing through the rest. Though I have to wonder

Why didn't Saya just kill the old man who was raping her? I mean, she showed with Oumi and when she caught the guy the first time that she really doesn't have to try to kill something... Think about it; she melted glass like she was a stove to butter, and effortlessly melted Oumi's bones... woulda thought she could handle herself.

Slowly got to the end of Muramasa Chapter 2. Hmm. I'd have to say I'm most interested in the main character. The others don't interest me nearly as much atm, though they do build the setting. Oh, and the "route-close" event scared the crap out of me.

Kageaki is probably the most interesting MC I've came across so far. And the rest of the characters don't really get the short end of the stick either, as long as they're important enough. :)

Had the urge to play something really dark at 3am in the morning, so I started up Saya no Uta since everyone mentions it when it comes to dark stories....

Wow. 

(snip)

Despite how it looks, Saya no Uta is a touching story rather than a gorefest; or maybe there's just something wrong with me. :D

As for the second spoiler:

It has been ages since I've read it, so I don't really remember, but maybe she was just confused? Since he got into the same condition as Fuminori was in? Could've made her hesitant to kill him.

Haven't heard any kind of news about another group wanting to pick it up. Damn shame since I'm really interested in it as well. The manga had an abrupt ending (which is to be expected since it's a manga adaption of a VN), but it did cover enough ground to get me interested in the VN. The girls are cute, and I think the premise is interesting as well. All we can do at this point is pray.

Finished Saya no Uta.

Crazy stuff, ending 1 and 2 were really good, crazy, but a nice love story at the same time. Ending 3 though... well they had to get a bad ending somewhere.

Honestly the game wasn't really scary (outside of a few really tense moments early on), so much as it was creepy and twisted. I especially thought Yuminori's character development over the course of time was astonishing. 

Good game, Gen Urobuchi too good.