What are you playing?

Since a bug in Muv-Luv is currently preventing me from finishing Meiya's route and thus unlocking Unlimited, I decided to start playing a different game until I can somehow resolve the issue.

So I thought about which game to try out next and I decided that Sekien no Inganock sounded quite interesting. And so far I'm not disappointed. You know, at first I didn't like it when the MC was voiced, but Gii being voiced adds a lot to the atmosphere. He's a very likeable character, and the art style is amazing in my opinion. I've never seen such an unusual art style before, and it really fits the mood.

So far, I'm in the 4th chapter... Guess I'll finish the game during the weekend and then move on to Sharnoth. Or maybe Forest, I might even be able to finish that on the very same day since I heard it only takes ~5-6 hours to finish.

By the way, is it just me, or is Gii's Voice actor the very same guy who also voiced Shiro in Log Horizon? At least they sound very similiar in my opinion.

Now I'm finally playing Tsukihime again, I had played it before but I didn't even come close to get to the middle of a single route before I gave up, I was enjoying it the first time around, but I just didn't have the patience to go through the huge amounts of text at the time. But I'm happy overall because since I just finished Shuffle! it marked my 10th finished VN.

Completed Rui wa Tomo wo Yobu. It was great, honestly many times the jokes and references went over my head. The prologue was exhausting to read but manageable. But other than that it was an awesome ride. The writing, story, comedy and characters are really nice. The circle of friends is really well made. I've seen similar stuff, but this is really well done.

The focus on curses and the problems that the heronies get from those. You might connect it with Sharin no kuni and the shackles of 'obligations' which existed there. Personally I found it more connected to real life. People everyone are usually messed up one way or another. The curses make the heronies in a major messed up psychologically. Example: 'I can't make a promise about the future'. Might be compared to 'I don't want to take a serious decision about the future.' There are lot's of other thoughts I found interesting as well that came up in the vn. Honestly too many for me to write up.

I can understand why some would consider this a masterpiece. I didn't enjoy it that much though. I'd prbly score it under ~9, not entirely decided on that yet. Why I won't score it better, I find it somewhat hard to put my finger on. I suppose it's because the heroine routes of the vn, wasn't really as good as the common. If it had the same quality. I'd give it max I would imagine.

And the best girl in the vn was~~

In the end the best girl was no other than the Protag, Tomo. Oh lovely Tomo haha. The voice, the actions, the speeches. Best Trap protag I will likely ever read lol.

As for what to read next. Eeehh. I am thinking completing some of my not 100% completed vn's. Meikyuu after stories, tokyo babel and Drapeko. I'll likely read quite randomly.

Reading bits and pieces of Muramasa between the finals madness... so it's really just little bits. The history infodumps are a pain to read, but it's pretty interesting at least.

Minato just appeared a few scenes back, and I'm assuming that the vndb synopsis spoiled me on him actually being the protagonist?

Well, I'm curious where the story goes for the group of students, but I'm assuming it won't go anywhere nice judging by the tone so far. If there's anything I really like about the VN so far, it's the awesome OST.

And the writing is great, but it murders me with the history politics.

Reading bits and pieces of Muramasa between the finals madness... so it's really just little bits. The history infodumps are a pain to read, but it's pretty interesting at least.

Minato just appeared a few scenes back, and I'm assuming that the vndb synopsis spoiled me on him actually being the protagonist?

Well, I'm curious where the story goes for the group of students, but I'm assuming it won't go anywhere nice judging by the tone so far. If there's anything I really like about the VN so far, it's the awesome OST.

And the writing is great, but it murders me with the history politics.

If it makes you feel any better if you can read Chapter 1 you'll be fine with the rest of the game, while the writing doesn't get any easier, it won't get *much* harder, either, afaik. Infodumps, Tsurugi battles and politics will always be there.

@ what you wrote in the spoiler: well he's kinda on the cover/boxart so not much of a spoiler at all. :P The narration's point of view will change to other characters from time to time.

Finally Finished Chaos;HEAd, i got the standard endings, i could go and do the true ending as well as the game over, but i hesitate with Reading Shikkoku no sharnoth.

You can just load a save before the ending if I remember correctly - the 'true' ending just continues where the first one left off. If you mean the bad ending though, yeah, you have to go through the whole VN again.

Completed Rui wa Tomo wo Yobu. It was great, honestly many times the jokes and references went over my head. The prologue was exhausting to read but manageable. But other than that it was an awesome ride. The writing, story, comedy and characters are really nice. The circle of friends is really well made. I've seen similar stuff, but this is really well done. ...

I've just now realized this was the VN I had in my backlog for quite some time. :D I was honestly interested in it just because of the whole protagonist thing (I'm curious how a story like that goes in a VN), but I'm glad to hear the VN is actually great. I think I'll read it next.

Completed Rui wa Tomo wo Yobu.

<...>

As for what to read next. Eeehh. I am thinking completing some of my not 100% completed vn's. Meikyuu after stories, tokyo babel and Drapeko. I'll likely read quite randomly.

If you haven't already, follow it up with the Rui Tomo fandisk. It's got good side stories, sub-character routes, and the main storyline is actually rather interesting.

Not to mention Best Girl gets to be even cooler.

Thinking of getting back to Ayakashibito after finishing Rose Guns Days ep 2..

I hesitated between starting Shikkoku or doing the B ending for Chaos;Head.

I finally started Shikkoku.

Getting the B ending in Chaos;Head takes a while like Vokoca said. I think I didn't bother with it eventually, I did try it but got bored.

Even though I liked Sekien no Inganock a bit more, Shikkoku is a nice VN too, have fun reading it ^_^

I've just now realized this was the VN I had in my backlog for quite some time. :D I was honestly interested in it just because of the whole protagonist thing (I'm curious how a story like that goes in a VN), but I'm glad to hear the VN is actually great. I think I'll read it next.

Hope you will enjoy it as much I did if you try to read it. Btw when you reach Tomo's letter in the beginning don't worry about it being difficult to comprehend, the rest of the story isin't that hard haha.

If you haven't already, follow it up with the Rui Tomo fandisk. It's got good side stories, sub-character routes, and the main storyline is actually rather interesting.

Not to mention Best Girl gets to be even cooler.

Yeah, I am going to read the fan disc as well. It kind of passed by my head while I was writing my post. I got it downloaded and ready to be installed. But I am going to hold off on it for a for a while though. Ruitomo required me to concentrate quite often to be able to follow the jokes and story. I need a break from ruitomo level of diffucility, as I find it hard to enjoy reading Rui while being exhausted. I'll likely get around to it in a few weeks when I done with my exams.

Btw Vokoca, I read Amane's after story in Meikyuu. Her first H-scene... L0L

Think I'm getting pretty close to the end of Yumiko's route. 

They're at the amusement park right now.

I gotta say, I'm liking how it is now a lot more than the beginning of it.  I feel that the start of her route was exceptionally weak, but while it's not as good as Sachi's or Amane's, it's still seems decent, even if it is flawed.

Think I'm getting pretty close to the end of Yumiko's route. 

They're at the amusement park right now.

I gotta say, I'm liking how it is now a lot more than the beginning of it.  I feel that the start of her route was exceptionally weak, but while it's not as good as Sachi's or Amane's, it's still seems decent, even if it is flawed.

The start was so dumb, Jesus.

They would go to the same place they were being attacked every fucking day to face a wave stronger than before, seriously?

Everywhere you look people will say that Sakaki's route is the weakest together with Michiru, but I think it was quite enjoyable to some extent.

The start was so dumb, Jesus.

They would go to the same place they were being attacked every fucking day to face a wave stronger than before, seriously?

Everywhere you look people will say that Sakaki's route is the weakest together with Michiru, but I think it was quite enjoyable to some extent.

Really. 

And I believe it says somewhere that Yuuji was holding himself back during those fights.  They didn't even have to go back to that same place; if they went to a random spot every day, then the men Michiaki hired to "kidnap" Yumiko wouldn't have been able to so easily locate them.  Hell, I thought they'd just stay inside after the first few times.  I also thought that the whole "chasing after Yumiko and throwing a frozen turkey into the engine of the plane she's on" was really stupid as well.  It got much better after the timeskip, though.  Gotta give it that.

I actually like it much better than Michiru's.  At least it hasn't

pushed past the limits of reality and become surreal. *coughcoughMichiru'sroutecoughcough*

EDIT: Just finished her "bad" end.

I don't even know why it's even hesitantly called that. Sure, it was a little bittersweet, but it's not like someone dies or anything. In fact, it ends on a positive note. Little disappointing, since I liked Amane's bad end, but oh well.

Really. 

And I believe it says somewhere that Yuuji was holding himself back during those fights.  They didn't even have to go back to that same place; if they went to a random spot every day, then the men Michiaki hired to "kidnap" Yumiko wouldn't have been able to so easily locate them.  Hell, I thought they'd just stay inside after the first few times.  I also thought that the whole "chasing after Yumiko and throwing a frozen turkey into the engine of the plane she's on" was really stupid as well.  It got much better after the timeskip, though.  Gotta give it that.

I actually like it much better than Michiru's.  At least it hasn't

pushed past the limits of reality and become surreal. *coughcoughMichiru'sroutecoughcough*

EDIT: Just finished her "bad" end.

I don't even know why it's even hesitantly called that. Sure, it was a little bittersweet, but it's not like someone dies or anything. In fact, it ends on a positive note. Little disappointing, since I liked Amane's bad end, but oh well.

I actually think the whole route from top to bottom is retarded.

The beginning:

I WILL FAKE-KIDNAP MY DAUGHTER AND GET HER TO COME TO ME WHICH WILL RANDOMLY TURN INTO ACTUAL KIDNAPPING IN THE MIDDLE FOR SOME REASON BWAHAHA BAD GUYS.

The fucking henchmen level up every day as Yuuji forgets all his brain's as a professional and constantly takes her to the EXACT SAME PLACE EVERY TIME. Which all culimnates in an epic chase with Yuuji on a bike and throwing a :frozen turkey: at a PLANE. I can't believe someone even wrote something so stupid.

I also like how Yuuji, who in amane's route is SHOT and still manages to fight and get up, is bedridden and bandaged by a knife. Seriously?

Middle:

Four hours of Yumiko's personality going insanely 90 degrees left and losing all of the interesting mental issues she had to deal with. She, instead, becomes an insanely stereotypical kuudere and becomes a fucking housewife. Out of all the things about Yumiko's personality, the thing that got the most focus was that she's a pervert.

AND THE FINALE:

YOU HAVE ACTIVATED MY TRAPCARD: CORPORATE POLITICS BEAM.

Yes, see. I, Yuuji, the guy the reader has been following the whole time did an immense amount of work offscreen! It was amazing! I bet you would have liked to know how this whole process unfolded or when it even started, but sadly, you don't get to know. Infact, you will never know.

Yumiko's route is really special.

Stalled (Dropped?) ハピメア

-the main branch is slow (Played up to Chapter 4)

-there's nothing that has to be explained (reverse infodump), so it's constantly feeling like nothing's happening.

-the characters don't seem to have a purpose. I can sort of see the potential behind them, but they've been placed in so few kinds of situations, that they can't help but be flat. It's a lot of tea and crumples mixed with the protagonist ruminating in scattered lines of thought.

It's not like playing it is that unpleasant, or that it's like I don't like the characters (I sorta do), but between the slow plot and static characters, everything's so languid. Aiyoku no Eustia, in comparison, had a slow development at times, but the setting was rich and the characters shone so brightly it wasn't really an issue.

I heard the later parts were quite good. Maybe I'll come back in a while and end up enjoying the novel then.

Started 痕 ~ きずあと

Continuing  村正 Muramasa (Chapter 2)