Tales of Zestiria

Maxel

I'm quite surprised that nobody created any threads about Zestiria. 

Some infos about Tales series: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_(series)

It's one of the best JRPGs and they're quite popular in Japan. It has been confirmed that newest game Tales of Zestiria is coming to PC for the first time ever. Quite a good news, huh? It's 20th anniversary title. It will be available on Steam this fall: http://store.steampowered.com/app/351970/

Looks like Namco finally being aware of PC players... I'm not a huge fan of the series, but I played and watched Tales of the Abyss, this game... 

Good thing that the game will have Japanese voices available...

Three words from me: Played many games, and Tales games are very unique. Hack'n slash fans will definitely fall in love with the series. If only I had PS3... 

Trailer:

Gameplay (PS3 version):

I usually like (but not love) Tales games, and I preordered Zestiria long ago. I'll definitely be talking about it come October, but in the meantime, I don't really have too much to say.

I will say that although I didn't care much for the combat in Xillia, I loved the combat in Tales of Graces F, and apparently Zestiria's battle system was designed by the same person who did Graces F (and not the person who did Xillia), so I'm hopeful on that front. For the rest of the game, it'll be a Tales game. They're never the best thing ever, but they're reliably good.

However I'm still not sure about pre-ordering it... First - the cost, 50 euros? If they gonna give us 1080p/60fps version with fixed camera(that was biggest problem on PS3 version, camera inside dungeons/small places) I'll pre-order for sure, but for now there's not enough information from Namco side. I heard that people responsible for porting DB Xenoverse are in handle on PC version. But there's always steam refund, hmm. We'll see, I just hope they give us good game.

English voice acting is such low lvl compared to Japanese, also can't stand it ^^

I rather like the Tales dubs as well, generally. There might be one or two overacted bad apples among the side characters, but the main characters are generally pretty solid and likeable. I remember really liking both the Vesperia dub and the Graces dub in particular, but I might just be a sucker for Graces. Xillia 2 was good as well (Christina Vee is always a winner).

With the exception of Symphonia and Graces, I don't like 3D Tales games. Tales of Destiny, Eternia and Phantasia are some of favorites. Awesome co-op games.

Also, what's with all the hate towards Zestiria? From what I can tell, Namco pulled an MGS2 on one of the supposed main charactes, and people freaked out and claimed the game sucked. This waifu mentality has to die if it's this destructive.

That's just how japanese people are... I can't blame them, from what I heard all posters/billboards about Zestiria were with Alicia, later they switched them and stopped promoting game with Alice, just before launch they started promoting the game with Rose. You're playing the game, progressing the story, and after 5-10h~~ Alicia leaves without real reason.

It's not a good thing to do I guess ^^

Also found some cool comparision screen showing differences between PC/PS4 and old PS3. For me the game looks pretty damn good now.

http://tokrin.com/archives/50887889.html

So we will get 1080p for sure, now just 60 fps instead of locked 30 and we'll get superb game.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not pre-ordered yet but it's in the plan I'm just waiting til after the few visual novel things are announced first (release dates for seinarukana, sumaga, gahkthun, g-senjou, chrono clock, denpasoft, muvluv, etc...). I also have Fallout 4, Xcom2, Persona 5, and then Tales of Zestiria...if Symphonia ends up being confirmed for PC then I'll probably pre-order it immediately otherwise I'll wait and see if any mention of any of ^ those games are planned for release for this year to determine my budget. 

I find it fascinating that so much misinformation was spread and it took so long to do anything. Interesting enough but often the marketing does their own thing for game releases...which is why sometimes trailers spoil things from games and sometimes do not understand what is fully going on since often they do not play the game...they likely emphasized Alicia because it's the first or second character you meet in the game...they also were likely basing it off the animated short. If anything it's odd how so many people expected something different with Zestiria...I am looking forward to the next game in the series (Tales of Beseria)if only because I'm looking forward to cosplayers attempting the outfit of the female protagonist...and the fact it's a female protagonist should be interesting. I also am hoping the next game is going to be released on PC if Zestiria sells well. I also would love a Phantasia remake but that's unlikely. I swear Japanese artists probably purposely create the most outlandish clothes/costumes possible as a joke to see if they can create something a cosplayer wouldn't try creating or wearing.

English voice acting is such low lvl compared to Japanese, also can't stand it ^^

Well the game is going to be dual audio...

it goes interface, full audio, and subtitles followed by each language (the N's represent No...they were added where originally there were no checkmarks) just in case people were not sure how everything would be.

Languages:

Interface Full Audio Subtitles English ico_bluecheck.pngico_bluecheck.pngico_bluecheck.png French ico_bluecheck.png N ico_bluecheck.png Italian ico_bluecheck.png N ico_bluecheck.png German ico_bluecheck.png N ico_bluecheck.png Spanish ico_bluecheck.png N ico_bluecheck.png Japanese N ico_bluecheck.png N Portuguese-Brazil ico_bluecheck.png N ico_bluecheck.png Russian ico_bluecheck.png N ico_bluecheck.png

ico_bluecheck.png N  ico_bluecheck.png

Yeah, I know that we'll be getting japanese voices, and that made me really happy :D Would be awesome if we could also get Berseria, but I'm thinking that they'll be releasing Zestiria on Steam just because it's their 20th anniversary title. I'd love to play Vesperia, and Xillia 1/2 with Japanese voices/1080p on PC. 

I don't know how well it'l work out with female protagonist, though.

3 months~~ left

I really like reading manga for Tales of Zestiria and hated anime didn't have a longer version, and yeah as a PC users this game would be really good, I hope more games come to Steam, let's hope more pre-order game and you get some free costumes and for last reward free copy of Tales of Symphonia. 

Not related to this topic but I hope this game is good. 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/340170/

• 1 month later...

It's time to start

MISSION: ABORT PRE-ORDER

Zestiria 30 FPS lock on PC confirmed.

Considering that the game isn't that good, from all the reviews, and the engine is still the same with very, very "slight" polishing and transition to 1080p I think it's gonna fail and maybe even get negative reviews, not only on steam but probably PS4/PS3 too. Honestly I'd prefer 60FPS 720p with all bugs fixed, and polishing done... Playing on 30 FPS on PC just hurts. And one of the best things for an awesome port is this amazing price :) "49,99€"

I have heard so much evil about the game =X

I was really hyped about it first, then read all the shit that went down with the character Alisha, and how the second half of the game just falls appart, full of inconsistencies and bad quality overall. I have so many doubts with the game release coming soon, that I might just not buy it and stop torturing myself.

It's time to start

MISSION: ABORT PRE-ORDER

Zestiria 30 FPS lock on PC confirmed.

Considering that the game isn't that good, from all the reviews, and the engine is still the same with very, very "slight" polishing and transition to 1080p I think it's gonna fail and maybe even get negative reviews, not only on steam but probably PS4/PS3 too. Honestly I'd prefer 60FPS 720p with all bugs fixed, and polishing done... Playing on 30 FPS on PC just hurts. And one of the best things for an awesome port is this amazing price :) "49,99€"

I'm not overly concerned with the FPS thing but that's because I'm a bit older and am not one of those people who feels entitled to things. The game is giving the Alisha and Mystic Arts DLC for free for the price though so even though I'm not happy with the bullshit tier unlocking (which isn't nearly as bad as say the augement your pre-order one) and the game is apparently not that great and the FPS is locked at 30 I still will probably keep it. 

The only reason is because I want to see more games on Steam from the Tales series...they likely know thanks to the backlash that next time they do a game they need to increase the FPS. I don't want to see this going the same as other companies who have put games out as a sample to see how steam works and thus determine it's unprofitable and never do another PC release so I'm supporting this because it's the first and I want to see more hopefully taking the complaints of the first to heart.

If the game is awful and doesn't play well I'll just steam refund it. They don't need my pre-order but at the same time I plan to pick this up regardless so no real issue.