Mangagamer partners with Alicesoft to prevent the Rance series from being released in English

sanahtlig

I knew it was a joke post - I was just wanting to explore the subject for the sake of knowledge and amusement, but nobody wanted to play with me :kosame: *sobs and hides in the corner*

O.k.!m all better now :sachi:

EDIT: \/ \/ \/ Well, aren't we full of ourselves? I sought a friendly discussion, and you apparently chose to behave like a snob - and employ passive-aggressive nonsense - no skin off my back at the end of the day, I have the luxury of choosing who I converse with.

It's funny how the Internet makes you think that everyone is responding to / paying attention to you (negatively or positively), when all along their attention had been elsewhere.  Youth seem particularly susceptible to this effect.

It's also interesting how people interpret ambiguous cues.  It provides an insight into people's viewpoints and states of mind, but on the other hand it leads to unpredictable and undirected reactions, which is why I generally try to be as clear as possible.  However, clarity sort of ruins the point of humor and especially satire...

nothing beats daiakuji. never. all hail them mafiosololige!
sadly most people in the western hemisphere wont experience them pleasures of doing nasty stuff to satsu & friends, unless a remake pops out of nukige heaven, so that mg could possibly license it, but thats only....

Half of the fan translators are now working for Mangagamer, so it's  not like they can just raise the skull and crossbones and keep going.

^This... plus a lot of fantranslators that haven't been already have half an eye toward getting themselves recruited in the future (outside of the machine 'translators'). 

Well rance 5 was almost done so it is partially true. Well another good reason to learn japanese. I was pissed off when they dropped daiteikoku, now i don't care as much.

Sucks they're not jumping in with something big like daiteikoku or rance games. 

Daiteikoku would also have been my favourite choice besides the Rance Game.

Daiteikoku's gameplay is infuriating.  The game rewards blitzkrieg tactics but various events force you to stall for time (if you want to pursue certain routes), causing the player to get stuck in a stalemate that's incredibly irksome to overturn.  I quit midway through because I just became exasperated.

All of the Dai games are like that...

Daibanchou's gameplay was actually fun.  I enjoyed the system nearly as much as Sengoku Rance.  Daiteikoku's system has been widely panned as subpar, and the game itself has a lower EGS score than most of Alicesoft's major releases.  It's basically Alicesoft's Kami no Rhapsody.

Yeah I have no idea why they'd take a chance to make some money for a task that's grudgingly long and hard, and have an opportunity to release a better quality translation this way. Sounds weird.

Yes I guess sellouts would be the better term in that case

• 1 year later...

Thats what happened.  Im so late to the news department for translation.  That sucks so much >_<  

I still don't get why does mangagamer not release Rance games?  The translators already almost finished many of them, it wouldn't take much effort to get them going, but now its been a year and nothing interesting was released after partnering with Alicesoft.  What gives...

"Interesting" is subjective, they released the game announced and many seemed to have enjoyed it, what with it being in the top 5 sellers at mangagamer for such a long time. They are also seemingly set to announce the next Alicesoft game very soon, probably at Otakon next month.

MangaGamer will probably start releasing the Rance series as soon as Alicesoft allows them to. Remember, this is a two-way partnership and both sides need to be willing. Alicesoft are the ones holding back Rance in the west, not MangaGamer.

1 hour ago, Decay said:

"Interesting" is subjective, they released the game announced and many seemed to have enjoyed it, what with it being in the top 5 sellers at mangagamer for such a long time. They are also seemingly set to announce the next Alicesoft game very soon, probably at Otakon next month.

MangaGamer will probably start releasing the Rance series as soon as Alicesoft allows them to. Remember, this is a two-way partnership and both sides need to be willing. Alicesoft are the ones holding back Rance in the west, not MangaGamer.

Ah I guess that makes sense.  I would imagine Rance series would sell a lot and it felt kind of foolish not to release them for over a year already. 

Well heres hoping they get the rights to sell them.  I hope they can translate Rance X as soon as it gets release in japan as well.