RuneScape discussion [RS3/OSRS/RSC]

Diapolo10

I used to play that game like 8 years ago. Looking back, it was pretty terrible, and I don't know why I played it for the 2 years I did.

Same here dammit. #NeverAgainLol.

I don't understand why people despise Runescape when it's nowhere near as bad as WoW, and in my opinion is ever better designed than WoW in all aspects except combat.

Oh well, people have different tastes I guess.

Same here dammit. #NeverAgainLol.

This is pretty much my feeling as well.

I don't understand why people despise Runescape when it's nowhere near as bad as WoW, and in my opinion is ever better designed than WoW in all aspects except combat.

Oh well, people have different tastes I guess.

Runescape is (or at least was) a good game. In fact, too good of a game. I was so addicted to it, that for the 2 years I played it was virtually the only thing I though about. The reason I don't want to ever play it again (and I suspect the reason others don't want to play it again either) is because they experienced similar addiction to the game. Not going to lie though, I do have fond memories of the game. 

This video is pretty nostalgic for me as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ7m6_iQsFM

i played like 10 hours+ per day a month ago for a while because I had plenty of time to kill, but I decided to stop because I didn't get to do anything else, and it took up way too much time....so I called quits and probably won't play again...until next summer...maybe....but i honestly don't like RS3 or 07, wish they can just scrap both and gives us 09 scape... RS3 sucks...07 severs constantly gets ddosed so its like 5 minute constant d/c. 

I've been playing the game since 03, and have been an off and on player since. Usually I'll play for like a year, quit, and come back in another year or 2. Last time I played, I did go for the hardcore ironman challenge, and made pretty solid progress on that (my total level was around 1200 I think).

Not sure when I'll be playing it again, but for anyone interested, my main's Ahlor. My ironman is Metal Ahlor. :P

This is pretty much my feeling as well.

Runescape is (or at least was) a good game. In fact, too good of a game. I was so addicted to it, that for the 2 years I played it was virtually the only thing I though about. The reason I don't want to ever play it again (and I suspect the reason others don't want to play it again either) is because they experienced similar addiction to the game. Not going to lie though, I do have fond memories of the game. 

This video is pretty nostalgic for me as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ7m6_iQsFM

My resentment to runescape and similar games comes from the more addiction side of it. I had fun with friends on it and many of the quests was fun.

But.. When I find myself fletching arrows and mining coal for hours on end. Normally that should be repetitive and boring as hell. But I wanted to level up and get money so I did it. Then something is wrong imo. It felt a deep sense of wasting my time as well empty joy from it.

Luckily I've found better ways to both spend time and enjoy myself at the same time.

Conclusion never again :D

I can see what you mean. But fortunately, with the new interface and XP bonuses they've been doing lately, it's actually not as tedious to use skills like fletching anymore. I'm not sure how long ago you played, but all you have to do to fletch bows anymore is press a single key, and you can even quick-bank with 2 other keys (I have both actions macro'd for controller use lol). And then there's the occasional double XP weekend which makes it less annoying to level grindy skills up. You can also play mini games like God Statues, Troll Invasion, etc. that award bulk XP once every so often. With the changes made in combat, it's pretty easy to make a profit from killing bosses and slayer tasks.