Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo Translation Project (Alpha Patch LIVE)

FuryTomic

Hello there fellow community members!

I am here to announce that our new team, "Eternal Nyaboron," has officially started translating Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo for the PSP and PS VITA!

You can view the game and specs on VNDB: https://vndb.org/v11173

Special Note: Yes, we have confirmed that the game can be run on PSP, and PS VITA. PS VITA will be a bit more 'different' to work around with compared to the PSP.

Overview of game:

Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo is a Visual Novel that is rated C (Rated Teen or 12+ in other countries.) The main protagonist, Sorata Kanda, starts to create a game that was advertised at Suimei University of Fine Arts. His fellow dormmates, Shiina Mashiro, Aoyama Nanami, Jin Mitaka, Misaki Kamiigusa, Akasaka Ryunnsuke, along with 2 new characters, Otoha Nakano, and Koichi Shinagawa decided to help Sorata to create the best ultimate game design. Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo is available for PSP, PS VITA, and PS TV. There's also 6 downloadable content that adds in some character development, and some hilarious tensions between the protagonists.

Translating Team and Website

Our team is fresh new and formed a few days ago. At the moment, we have 4 translators, 1 Image (or Graphical) Editor, and 1 Hacker. We are hoping to find more Translators and Image editors so process can move without any issues.

The Current Team: (As of 2017)

Leader: FuryTomic

Manager: FuryTomic

Translators:

FuryTomic

Chococat

Dylan H.

Ishidor

Keskel

Translation Chekers:

LeonidasTan

David H.

Image Editors:

None

Others:

Makoto Yūki (Hacker*)

*Temporarily

Inactives:

Makoto Yūki (Leader) - Retired off 1/2/17

Cryingwestern (Image Editor) - Retired off ?/?/15

Waverlis (Translators) - Retired off ?/?/16

Shannonware (Translator) - Retired off ?/?/16

"Alex" (Translator) - Retired off ?/?/16

Johan Z. (Translator) - Retired off ?/?/16

Augusto (Image Editor) - Retired off 7/?/16

Vigh B. (Translator Checker) - Retired off ?/?/16

We have a website that contains links to be Part of the Staff, Information and Updates, and in the Future, the patch files and other game patch files that we will translate after Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo is finished.

Website link: http://eternalnyaboronofficial.weebly.com 

We are currently recruiting anyone to help us out! Staff Spots are open and available to anyone who can help us.

Progress:

We have started to translate the Main Storyline. The side routes are being translated by our staff at the moment.

Our Alpha Patch went LIVE! more information can be found on page 6.

[UPDATE 7-12-15]

Spoiler

Tutorial folder for Sakurasou is finished being translated.

So it looks like the DLCs are included in the translation file we have.. (Based on what the Main Leader of the Project is saying to me..) Confirmation will be announced when the patch is created and goes through a full day run test. (Double checking any final mistakes, possible crash, bugs etc.)

We are in need for a tool that can extract .txg and .txgtl files! If anyone knows one, or has a program that extract and repackage .txg and .txgtl files, it would be appreciated if you can tell us!

[UPDATE 7-16-15]

Spoiler

The logo of Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo is finished. We are currently deciding which logo we will use. Picture of logo will be published once we have reached a decision. 13 script files for the main storyline are translated. 88 more files to go!

We are still in need for a tool that can extract .txg and .txgtl files! If anyone knows one, or has a program that extract and repackage .txg and .txgtl files, it would be appreciated if you can tell us! We also need translators to help translate the other files that haven't been worked on.

[UPDATE 8-16-15]

Spoiler

It seems like my recent August posts and update has been removed, and the thread changed to back to it's original submission... Well anyways, here's the current news and update. The images are already translated and edited. A few images will have to be readjusted after a patch test went through. We need Translators BADLY! 3 of our translators have gone rogue for a while, and not much has been worked on. Please Please if you are, or know anyone who is fluent in Japanese, please help us translate with the scripts!

[UPDATE 12-10-15]

Spoiler

Website has been updated; Timer countdown until patch released has been updated with current speed of project.

CHANGE LOG OF TIMER: Delayed Arrival Date a few weeks back to December 25, 2016. Stay Tuned.

[UPDATE 5-14-16]

Spoiler

TRANSLATIONS: We are resuming translations again on May 16, 2016 (May 17 in other parts of the word). This time however, we will take our time to complete our translations so it end up like what happened before, sloppy translations. Translated video gameplay as a result will be delayed. Hey, what's better? Quality over Quantity or Quantity over Quality?

WEBSITE: The Website has also changed. A few pages were removed. Our Staff and members page has been updated. We also gained a few staff members that will help us out. However, a few of our staff members have resigned from the group, as majority of the resigned members are busy with personal things irl. 

PATCH: We have successfully made a "test" patch (this patch only includes the translated images). We might release it to the public for open thoughts. It's sort of like similar to a trial version to a game, but the images are in English. 

OTHER: Added, "spoilers" for people with slow internet connection to be able to view this thread.

[UPDATE 1-5-17]

Spoiler

ALPHA PATCH: Our Alpha Patch went live! Please visit Page 6 to view all of the details and where to get it.

[Update 10-29-19]

Spoiler

The Latest ALPHA PATCH (Ver 0.2.1) is available! This patch includes more translated dialogue, updated translations, and bug fixes.

Features:

33 additional files translated - Includes some filling in of missed files early on in the game, and more progression to the translated gameplay. 

Updated Translations - We found that a few of our previous files had some wonky translations, and revised it to sound better. 

Bug Fix - An issue on 11/21 where Aoyama and Akasaka were having a discussion between each other, and people found that the game froze and would not do anything from that point. This forced you to stop there, or revert to the RAW version of the game to bypass the issue. The issue has been fixed within this patch.

If you wish to get in contact with me, you can send a Direct Message to my profile.

Thank you for reading and we hope to show more progress in the distant future!

Regards,

FuryTomic, and Eternal Nyaboron Team!

Edited by FuryTomic

How are you planning to insert the translation into the Vita version? Is that even possible?

If I remember correctly, I think you use the PSP ISO file to get it working for the Vita. I'm currently researching into it. In the meantime, I'm also trying to run Ziddy's Oreimo Patch on the PS Vita, and I've been asking him to help. So far, he only mentioned about the PS Vita not being able to run dumped ISO files, so I have to use 3rd party software from wololo. I'll reply back when I find a solution.

@Shikomizue Thanks! Hope you are looking forward to the final product!

@Fiddle Thanks!

If it's going to be a hassle might as well drop the Vita support, since it sounds like it'd still be the PSP version you're loading onto it anyway.

Like I mentioned, I'm currently researching into finding a solution. After doing a download test on my Vita, and then checking all hidden files on Content Manager to check how the application was exported, it seems to me that it only accepts game folders, not ISO files... But I will keep urs in mind as a final resort and If no solutions are found.

wish you the best & love your groups name!

Thanks! Glad you like our name!

good luck ! :D

Thank you!

hmm I'm happy and thankful for you and your group for doing that, since I love Sakurasou [anime], but I'm also afraid about the Vita version...

Thanks! The Vita can also run the PSP version of Sakurasou. If this idea I have currently about the vita is true, then looks like Vita users have to download (purchase) the PSP ISO file

Well just make the psp version when the TL is ready and if you can make the vita one too. I think you have lots of time to research how to make it to vita before the TL is even ready :P Good luck with the project.

Thanks! I currently have 1 idea in mind about making the Vita run Sakurasou with the patch.. I just need to confirm it with a PSP also.. (In which.. I don't have a PSP..)

Good luck on this, the game's pretty fun for what it is and it's definitely a nice side dish to the anime.

I attempted to translate this before but decided it just wasn't worth all the hassle at the time, but I hope you manage to do it. :)

Thanks mate for both moving the thread here and the luck! Were you the only person working on it at the time?

Thanks mate for both moving the thread here and the luck! Were you the only person working on it at the time?

Yeah I never got anyone else, it was just me, it never ended up taking off so :P

I could likely help out with this later down the line if i have time as a translator and/or image editor.

I'm mostly interested in working on Otoha's route though so just putting it out there.

You can shoot me a PM if you want.

Yeah I never got anyone else, it was just me, it never ended up taking off so :P

I could likely help out with this later down the line if i have time as a translator and/or image editor.

I'm mostly interested in working on Otoha's route though so just putting it out there.

You can shoot me a PM if you want.

You got it! ^^

But the scripts are a bit funny and not ordered so i'm gonna have to check most of the files and see which is which (eg. Aoyama Route, Shiina Route, Chihiro route, Otoha etc.)

If it's going to be a hassle might as well drop the Vita support, since it sounds like it'd still be the PSP version you're loading onto it anyway.

That's for sure. Vita can run PSP ISOs with some firmware customizations, but Vita native games or code are not hacked, so not possible to take translation text for game from Vita for example, except of typing manually.

That's for sure. Vita can run PSP ISOs with some firmware customizations, but Vita native games or code are not hacked, so not possible to take translation text for game from Vita for example, except of typing manually.

So basically you are saying PSP ISOs can be played on the Vita at a specific firmware? And must be hacked?