• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

83ea8bc9-6f29-4a3d-b7ce-66d46e90ce3f_zps

Coeus Corrupt (Ko-wus)

Pantheon: Greek

Height: 8’ 7”

Fighting Style: Soul Leeching

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

FANTASY In the bowels of a long lost Anunnaki burial chamber roams the Titan Coeus. He once was the most intelligent Titan to ever exist and was the most likely to succeed at developing humanity in the outside world. Fate was cruel to him though as his curiosity got the best of him. Nun warned all the ancient bloodlines of the three dominant spirits that were sent to Earth with him. Nun possessed one but the other two were lost in the crash landing of his ship. Coeus searched for years for relics of the long lost Sirius ship and did not heed the warning of Nun to notify him immediately if they ever were to be discovered. When he touched the relic, the spirit within it infused with his core, causing him to fall into madness. He tried to fight the urge for a time but eventually it took over and he killed an Anunnaki by draining it of its soul. Uranus, his father, intervened on his behalf when Marduk seeked vengeance. Marduk did not trust Uranus to honor his word though and negotiated the terms of his punishment. The Annunaki would build a cursed facility under the ground which would keep him imprisoned for eternity with special sigils that drained his power. He is forever roaming these halls waiting for the day he can be free to feed again.

HISTORY Coeus is of the Greek pantheon, known as the Titan of rational intelligence. He fathered many children and was considered a positive Titan. In the Titanomachy (The war between Titans and Olympians,) he was overthrown and imprisoned for an eternity in Tartarus (Hell.) unlike the other Titans, he went mad in his imprisonment and broke free of his chains in an attempt to escape but failed in his attempt.

THEORY We decided to change the timeline a bit and tie his historical madness into his inquisitive nature. We liked the tragedy of an intelligent and benevolent Titan falling from grace due to his lack of wisdom. By showing his fall, we make him more relatable and also incorporate cross pantheon relationships between the Anunnaki and the Titans. This allows us to create vivid lore that mixes the two worlds and enriches the story of a mad god who was once a benevolent saint.

Full blown critiques plz. This is a rough of the Coeus concept which will be properly rendered at a later date. The image is the scale.

16 minutes ago, Black Sands Entertainment said:

The Novella

Black Sands: Sons of Nibiru has begun.

Check out the first part of the prologue at http://www.blacksandsentertainment.com/#!sons-of-nibiru/gb1qc and tell us what you think.

Seems rather stellar to me

Quite interesting

I probably would want to rrad more of this

16 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

Seems rather stellar to me

Quite interesting

I probably would want to rrad more of this

this is a very long series about the mysterious past of Nun and the Core. It should definitely get the people who want to understand the premise of Legends of the Rift a chance to explore the alien side of the Black Sands Universe.

Thanks for taking the time to read it. We will be putting out updates on the regular.

26 minutes ago, Black Sands Entertainment said:

this is a very long series about the mysterious past of Nun and the Core. It should definitely get the people who want to understand the premise of Legends of the Rift a chance to explore the alien side of the Black Sands Universe.

Thanks for taking the time to read it. We will be putting out updates on the regular.

Just notify it here, and I'll be vrry happy :sachi:

2 hours ago, Black Sands Entertainment said:

http://www.blacksandsentertainment.com/#!sons-of-nibiru/gb1qc

Above is the link to the continued Novella Sons of Nibiru.

We added the rest of the prologue, chapter 1, and chapter 2. Feel free to critique

Ooh, a new update :sachi:

Read it, seemed highly interesting. The world seems really intuitive, can't wait to read more of this

8 hours ago, Arcadeotic said:

I already critiqued teh character design, but the new costume looks interesting.

It fits the theme of the game, looks good.

yeah. Even though he clearly hasnt left the rift yet, I decided everyone should look culturally correct just to add flavor. He got his Akkadian gear on

2 minutes ago, Black Sands Entertainment said:

yeah. Even though he clearly hasnt left the rift yet, I decided everyone should look culturally correct just to add flavor. He got his Akkadian gear on

Yeah, cultural correctness always looks better

The gear looks great, all things considered

Damn, this is looking really good! The story seems interesting and the alpha footage looks great!

Interesting choice, using Coeus as a villain. I'm kind of a greek mythology nerd and I'm actually writing a story that includes Coeus.

Every time I speak to others about greek mythology, the only God / titan they can name is Zeus... :makina:

Can't wait to see more of this, keep up the good work!

2 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Damn, this is looking really good! The story seems interesting and the alpha footage looks great!

Interesting choice, using Coeus as a villain. I'm kind of a greek mythology nerd and I'm actually writing a story that includes Coeus.

Every time I speak to others about greek mythology, the only God / titan they can name is Zeus... :makina:

As he said this keeps on looking better and better....Greek mythology is quite deep and interesting

Keep on the great work though..it's still as interesting as ever :sachi:

3 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Yeah. We changed timelines a bit to fit this narrative but WHO CARES lol. It will be great.

58 minutes ago, DarkZedge said:

As he said this keeps on looking better and better....Greek mythology is quite deep and interesting

Keep on the great work though..it's still as interesting as ever :sachi:

Thank goodness we aren't getting boring over time. This is an expensive game so I gotta constantly build momentum for the KS.

On 28. februar 2016 at 10:23 PM, Black Sands Entertainment said:

Yeah. We changed timelines a bit to fit this narrative but WHO CARES lol. It will be great.

Thank goodness we aren't getting boring over time. This is an expensive game so I gotta constantly build momentum for the KS.

Yeah based on everything in here, it looks like it´s going to be epic! :miyako: 

Speaking of the KS, you guys have any ETA on when it is going to go live?