VN Reading Club - February (Shikkoku no Sharnoth)

Kaguya

And while I'm at it.....

Is anyone else sick of the "Steampunk London" setting?

It makes sense in this VN as the characters are based of English people and characters, but why does everybody do Steam-punk England?
Why not a Steam-punk Ancient Greece? or Steam-punk Italy? 

And while I'm at it.....

It makes sense in this VN as the characters are based of English people and characters, but why does everybody do Steam-punk England?

Because once a time England was the number one industrial country in the world

And while I'm at it.....

While Liar-soft's other steampunk games had been set in fictional places, Sakurai decided to set Shikkoku no Sharnoth in London as she wanted to approach the game from a different angle. She also felt that London was a very important city in the steampunk genre.http://www.game-style.jp/extra/200911/16/05ext_gs-01.php'>

And while I'm at it.....

Ezyo22 touches on the important point here. Steampunk is Victorian age, and England was the main driver of innovation throughout the steam/Victorian era. Thus it's only natural that a lot of Steampunk features London as a key part of that world. For example, Gail Carriger takes jaunts through other countries in her steampunk series but the main place it's set is England.

Because once a time England was the number one industrial country in the world

While Liar-soft's other steampunk games had been set in fictional places, Sakurai decided to set Shikkoku no Sharnoth in London as she wanted to approach the game from a different angle. She also felt that London was a very important city in the steampunk genre.

Ezyo22 touches on the important point here. Steampunk is Victorian age, and England was the main driver of innovation throughout the steam/Victorian era. Thus it's only natural that a lot of Steampunk features London as a key part of that world. For example, Gail Carriger takes jaunts through other countries in her steampunk series but the main place it's set is England.

Alright, I'll concede defeat, these are all valid points

It's not your Imagination, Ourai no Gahkthun is set in the same universe.

well, i see then. same universe, but not prequel/sequel?

cus im reading ourai right now. wouldn't want spoil my read.

but if sharnoth is one universe with ourai, i'll have sharnoth added to my must-read list. :wahaha: .

but if sharnoth is one universe with ourai, i'll have sharnoth added to my must-read list. :wahaha: .

I hadn't read Ourai (and apparently Mangagamer is preparing an english TL for it, don't know if legit or not) but if you like Ourai, you should read Sharnoth.

I hadn't read Ourai (and apparently Mangagamer is preparing an english TL for it, don't know if legit or not) but if you like Ourai, you should read Sharnoth.

might as well add Sekien no Inganock too.

I'm still not finished with this one. I need to know this so I know if I'm pacing myself all right or need to pick it up some: how many Acts are in this VN?

10 act  (Last act)