VN Reading Club - February (Shikkoku no Sharnoth)

Kaguya

This is one of those ones I really want to enjoy, but maybe I'm just too much of a pleb. :( The writing style feels way too pretentious and ends up driving me nuts.

Someday I will finish this, some day.

Shikkoku no Sharnoth has a wonderful English style >:c

Heh, if you want pretentiousness you should check out China Mielville

i-x9xHBTp-1050x10000.jpg

I really liked Sharnoth's writing style. I have a weakness for "European" clothing as well, i.e this and Umineko. I started reading this one because of their character designs and opening song (I still loop the opening now and then, I don't know why, its just so catchy and good) and now I miss it, after completing it a few weeks ago ;w;.

I'll wait a few weeks before I write my mini-review and character rating to give others a chance and not spoil but I'm excited. I wasn't expecting myself to like Sharnoth this much >_______<

Mary best girl, Angie second best :3

@Kurisu-chan: I remember you recommending (sort of, more like telling me it was good) that I go through with this at the end of December and I'm glad I did, thanks >___<

Oh, wow. That's actually a thing. I never saw anyone commemorating it before. 

Eh, there's some romance in it, though it's not the main focus of the whole thing... At least it's not a valentine's day thingy. 

I meant it more like a joke: can this get me through the day without having to go outside  ;)

So no deadline means that I can start it like after a couple of weeks ?

I just started Demonbane so I will probably start with Sharnoth after that.

Is this related in any way to the events of Sekien no Inganock, or is it merely taking place within the same world?

I have heard people saying that it's better to read Sharnith after Inganock. And from what I can see from vndb, there seem to a lot of vns in the same setting. Can anyone tell the best order to go through them ?

there are tiny references, but nothing much.

If those tiny references are like the ones made in S;G for C;H then I would definitely read Inganock first. 

I'm not going to be part of the reading club (just reread Sharnoth a short while ago) but everyone if you use the fuwa torrent remember to delete the Save folder included with it before reading.

???

Beato-san,

I curious....

why delete save folder ? got old save inside? 7HnH7.png

got 100% Cg save ? L5Lsh8Y.gif  

???

Beato-san,

I curious....

why delete save folder ? got old save inside? 7HnH7.png

got 100% Cg save ? L5Lsh8Y.gif  

Global saves that are created on other computers causes tons of issues for most VNs. For example no CG will be saved in the gallery when you close the game and it won't remember what text you've already read. Tons of our older torrents are this way sadly. Someday I'll replace them with good ones. :unsure:

I approve of your avatar. Suzu best girl.

The writing style for the series in general is kind of annoying in Japanese, but I feel like it's nice in english. I'll actually say that the translation is better than the original. 

Then again, you need to like taht type of prose... I think it's definitely worth checking this one out, though inevitably some people will dislike the way it's written.

Anyone that likes Suzu is good in my books ^^ - it's decided, I'll sit down on my next day off and give Shikkoku no Sharnoth another shot.

Someone please answer.

hmm , .....

to tell the truth, I only know about existence Sharnoth is when i finish read Inganock already .(following Amaterasu Translations released)

Both story .....

like Kurisu-san say steampunk world same (everything about engine here engine that blah blah blah)

both vn can say different story

- one about skill doctor (poor) with the big shadow behind it , "Man meet little girl" accident

- another is about rich lady (ojou-san)  always escape and holder of..... . Goal is to save dear Charlie .

Inganock more hard then Sharnoth .

hmm , .....

to tell the truth, I only know about existence Sharnoth is when i finish read Inganock already .(following Amaterasu Translations released)

Both story .....

like Kurisu-san say steampunk world same (everything about engine here engine that blah blah blah)

both vn can say different story

- one about skill doctor (poor) with the big shadow behind it , "Man meet little girl" accident

- another is about rich lady (ojou-san)  always escape and holder of..... . Goal is to save dear Charlie .

Inganock more hard then Sharnoth .

Wow, Mary... oh you know fuck it, name too big.

Christie is a young girl, don't know if she's Lady enough.

now you mention it ,  how old  Mary (Kitty) was?

and how old Angie (Angelica) was ? 7HnH7.png

Charlie (Charlotte) ...... i not really care about her.

All i know they went to "Royal College of Scholar"  .........

Then there shouldn't be much of problem if I begin with Sharnoth........

In my opinion, I guess no problem .

now you mention it ,  how old  Mary (Kitty) was?

and how old Angie (Angelica) was ? 7HnH7.png

Charlie (Charlotte) ...... i not really care about her.

All i know they went to "Royal College of Scholar"  .........

In my opinion, I guess no problem .

If i remember well, Mary is 19 Year Old.

Angie and Charlie are approx the same age.