Motherhood - a Potential Free Visual Novel Project

demonicbagel

Hey guys. Been a while since I posted on here, but I have a lovely new idea I want to chuck at you guys.

So, basically, this Visual Novel would be a story that has a Female Protagonist.

Motherhood tells the story of Sayoko Koizumi - a high school senior who lives in the fictional city of Sakishima (no relation to the archipelago). Sayoko has recently learned that she is expecting a child - the result of a night spent with her boyfriend, Ryuuji. Later that same day, Sayoko tells Ryuuji the news, and, after feigning excitement, Ryuuji disappears the next day. Left heartbroken, Sayoko must learn what it takes to be a mother, and prepare herself for the day she has her child to take care of. As she struggles to balance finishing school with motherhood preparations and her social life, Sayoko is tested in her resolve and emotional endurance. With the support of her friends and family, Sayoko's story unfolds to tell a tale of a young mother's unconditional love to her unborn child. However, not all is as it seems, and Sayoko will find herself dealing with situations she didn't think she'd be a part of, and she will discover just how far she is willing to go to provide. On top of that, a broken heart needs healing, and romance is a possibility; whether or not it will be a ray of hope, or just another stressful situation is another story.

On the subject of romance, this project would be LGBTQ+ Positive, and offer both Male and Female Romantic Options for the sake of a fulfilling and varied story.

I haven't gotten very far into the idea yet, and it's very new, but I love it already.

This story stems from the situation that my best friend currently finds herself in. While she is not in high school anymore, she IS pregnant, and is having a hard time adjusting. Her husband (also a good friend) came to me with the idea to build a story for a Visual Novel or what have you. They are both avid fans of anime and visual novels and manga and stuff, so I agreed to come up with something.

The husband can't actually participate directly due to work and having to deal with his new situation, and the project is meant to be a surprise for his wife. It would be a Free Project, not commercialized, and dedicated to my friend; it is meant to give her inspiration and confidence because much of what she is going through would be felt by Sayoko as well.

I am worried because I have no means of paying for commissions to get what I need to work on this project. I would hope that I could find people willing to partner up with me and work on the project. I would of course intend to do a Kickstarter at some point, however, so if it succeeds, compensation would be plausible and very well deserved.

If anyone would be interested in helping me developing this story more, or providing assistance in some other way (such as offering artistic services or composition), that would be greatly appreciated. If you want to work on a heartfelt, beautiful story that tells the tale of a Girl who is in a very rare and troubling situation in Japan (Japan has the lowest rate of childbirths in mothers between ages 15 and 19), or require more information on the plot and other stuff, then PM me, and I will answer ASAP.

This project idea is close to my heart, just as who this is for is. To make this a reality would mean the world to all involved, and I thank you for your time.

Here is a link to the first bit of the script that I have written for this project. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_bZ3WVmbhhucC1qMlBUeW84Vzg

Note that it is subject to change, and is not the final draft. Noticed a few typos, but like I said - not the final draft :P

Yeah. I get that. I just find it easier to get into writing a story if I have visuals to go on. Because I can see my characters brought to life and that makes it easier for me. But, I'll try writing a good amount. It'd also be nice to find someone from Japan who could give me advice and information about different aspects of Japanese Culture and stuff. I know a fair bit already, but more is always good.

• 2 weeks later...