Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma Hype & News Thread

Funyarinpa

Regarding "old man" remarks- In my opinion they're mostly inserted to be a piece of foreshadowing. The thing is, most people noticed them only the second time around- If you aren't persuaded that Sigma would write those off, it might be easier to think of them as a writing device directly meant for the player instead of the plot itself. 

Regarding K, I see your point. However, seeing as he survives removing the suit in the true ending, I'd say it is possible that it can be removed, and I think I can argue that it was, in fact, removed periodically. As far as we know, the suit does not harm Kyle whenever the suit is removed. Possibly, it was removed for every meal for example. Having worn the suit "all his life" could just mean that he used to wear it usually and only took it off (partially?) to eat and maybe bathe etc.

Regarding flight: Remember that VLR's world was annihilated  via the destruction of 13(?) antimatter reactors, so VLR's Earth was a technologically advanced planet. I wouldn't be surprised if they had also commercialized space travel, or made it far less costly than it is today, which makes sense when you think about there being 42 small settlements on the moon, transportation would be needed there. Moreover, if I recall correctly, Sigma witnesses a reactor going off at the very end of the game, RIGHT BEFORE BOARDING A SHUTTLE. Ergo, such a shuttle already existed before the mass reactor destruction. IIRC, that was when Akane informed Sigma that Phi in cryogenic sleep was ready to be transported to the Moon. 

Regarding artificial skin- Completely moot argument. Fiction, by its very nature, is about embracing certain unlikelities and impossibilites. The argument that artificial skin is "simply not believable" is an invalid point against VLR's consistency,  that's like someone arguing Lord Of The Rings is incoherent because it has magic, or 999 is incoherent because of the Morphogenetic Field. In Zero Escape's world, artificial skin that can mimic real skin perfectly can be produced by 207X. Think of it as an unexpected breakthrough that was reached in robotics in 2022 for example, if you'd like. It doesn't pose an inconsistency. 

Regarding Zero III: Might have conveyed myself wrongly here, but what I meant was that if the slow motion could cause a problem (no idea if such a perception of time could be problematic for a fully functional quantum computer AI), Lugermorph could be PROGRAMMED to perceive time at Rad6 rate, of course it would not be because of the virus itself. 

Regarding the E17 thing...  You should spoiler that, this thread doesn't have a spoiler warning for Ever17.

That confused me too, but I saw someone on Twitter claim that Never7 provides a solution to that scene so you might want to play N7 if you haven't or maybe give it another whirl, see if you can also make a connection. 

I am arguing not about the possibility of artificial skin (which is absolutely possible by the world rules) but the way Sigma was unable to distinct such skin from his own skin. Also no one ever mentioned artificial eye? Really? No matter how advanced is Earth (ruins of earth, actually), I doubt kid like Quark would not tell "Hey, Sigma, how it is feels with that eye?" or anything like that, having in mind how carefully they inspected K armor.

AI obv was not programmed to slowdown his perception (as he had to solve too much things at a time to slowdown him so much), but no problem with it, I actually never complained about this, just told that Zero 3 had a fun time looking at all of them in slow-mo.

Anyway, by me I told all complaints I had :) VLR should be better developed, by me, and not invent things just for WOW effect. Would be much more believeable if it would happen on Earth, this would easily solve 90% of my complaints. But Uchi needed WOW effect, so... Well. Looks very forced, at least for me.

I tried to do a spoiler but it got screwed whole post with that new wysiwyg... So unless Tay would introduce "switch off visual editor" button it would be a mess.

• 1 month later...

That confused me too, but I saw someone on Twitter claim that Never7 provides a solution to that scene so you might want to play N7 if you haven't or maybe give it another whirl, see if you can also make a connection. 

I don't remember anything related to it... although I can 'imagine' a explanation thinking back on N7's ending.

• 1 month later...

Me and my significant other are really excited for this! We played the demo together for the second game, and we were hooked right away. I preordered it the next day and we played the game together for three days straight until we finished it! ^_^

Saying that, we've never played the first one, I might have to look into it before this one comes out.

29 minutes ago, Forgetful Frank said:

Me and my significant other are really excited for this! We played the demo together for the second game, and we were hooked right away. I preordered it the next day and we played the game together for three days straight until we finished it! ^_^

Saying that, we've never played the first one, I might have to look into it before this one comes out.

JUST FUCKING PLAY 999 ALREADY DO YOU HAVE THE SLIGHTEST IDEA OF WHAT YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON

Also, characters revealed so far:

CaurccDUAAAGNPW.jpg

CZ56J3MUcAAc-gA.jpg

CbYU2tgUEAAY7Ik.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZXckSxUEAA537R.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaO2CaIUUAA3pmb.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZWf6iOW0AEPWHF.jpg

The game will probably end with the equivalent of Aqua Stripe (Ever 17), only that Aqua Stripe was such a good cheerful song. And only after having been through tons of shit for the characters, in that regard it should be similar to VLR. Also there should be a heavier focus on Brother and Free the Soul.

As for 999 not being available anywhere...

Spoiler

I successfully played it last year. All you require is a ROM site with the ROM available, and a DS emulator such as DraStic. I played it on a 200$ quad core tablet. If you feel guilty just be sure to buy ZTD, or support the series or the author in any other way. Just play it, you won't be disappointed. Contact me by PM if needed.

2 hours ago, Forgetful Frank said:

Lucky. I can only manage a couple of hours here and there instead of a three day spam spree so I'm reaching a point where I just WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS ALREADY :P

Dunno how much you'll enjoy 999 having completed VLR first though (I'm enjoying VLR waaay more than I did 999).

999's still fun though so you should def check it out

1 hour ago, Eclipsed said:

Lucky. I can only manage a couple of hours here and there instead of a three day spam spree so I'm reaching a point where I just WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS ALREADY :P

Dunno how much you'll enjoy 999 having completed VLR first though (I'm enjoying VLR waaay more than I did 999).

999's still fun though so you should def check it out

how's THAT going by the way,haven't heard of it in a while

also

spoilers for VLR ITT, be careful!

4 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

how's THAT going by the way,haven't heard of it in a while

also

spoilers for VLR ITT, be careful!

ty for heads up, I'll personally clean out them spoilers ITT once I finish VLR myself

story wise I've knocked out anything and everything up 'til locked routes. Not gonna post in the What Are You Playing thread anymore until I finish finish the game or get a really big reveal, 'cos there's just too many little tidbit revelations here and there so I'm lazy :P

4lrFMMP.jpg (960×544)

Overall pretty satisfied with doing a left to right flowchart playthrough, 

Spoiler

Even though it spoils Dio being the bomber early on, who cares, if I played from right to left instead this game would've been sooo boring since it reveals Alice Radical 6 -> suicide right off the bat (whereas left to right you're left wondering if it could've been murder)

But yeah it's funny 'cos left-to-right playthrough also meant it took ~20 hours for the game to finally establish that jumping around the flowchart morphogenic field style is an official lore thingy instead of just-a-game-mechanic ^_^

~~
@scorpe I'm inclined to think replaying any mystery game will be 'boring and tedious' since you already know what's gonna happen <_<

Though I do agree that VLR can feel draggy at times.

3 hours ago, Imotato said:

I have never played any of these games but I heard they are amazing. I might want to get the third one when it comes out. Would you recommend it for a fan of psychological horror such as Death Note, Bad Seed (this a novel not an anime), or Liar Games? 

Yes but play the first game in the series before delving into the srcond or third entry. The first game is 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors for the DS. Virtue's Last Reward and Zero Escape 3 are/will be available for 3DS and Vita  

6 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

@scorpe I'm inclined to think replaying any mystery game will be 'boring and tedious' since you already know what's gonna happen <_<

Though I do agree that VLR can feel draggy at times.

Not "at times", constantly. Also these door opening/closing and a pointer moving through map just naturally drives me mad. Like it is not enough to waste time my useless talk (even Uchikoshi integrated somewhere puns about "heh, this writing I do here is against all rules of good writing, but I do not care". he better followed good writing guidelines, by me).

About replaying - no, if characters are good and plot executed nicely - it is always a pleasure to read. Like I reread some Sherlock Holmes stories or "Stars My Destination" or rewatching films, even when I know all the twists - it is still a pleasure to watch the perfect execution and actor's performance. 

But Uchikoshi makes his bet on plot twists, not on actual character development, and this results in a draggy events, lenghty unneeded speeches and "shocking revelations", some of them are just stupid and lame (while they are still shocking somehow). I think I grumbled a bit about that to Funyarinpa somewhere (maybe even in this thread).

So, 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors have much less things to complain about. It have a great twists (and they are not against any common sense), better story composition (while VLR have a looooong premise to start anything really interesting) and good execution (probably as the story is less lenghty itself). And also it had a somewhat warm feeling, when you really care about protag and others, everyone looked alive (except probably Snake). In the VLR I did not cared about participants at all (except Phi and grandpa), they all were so dull, and there were so much ways for story to repeat itself, that they all looked like a cardboard game pieces for me.

Anyone who did not played 999 - JUST DO IT!