Imouto Paradise 2 Translation

Dreamcastin

No Fan TL group needs a reason to disappear for a short while. Nor do they have a reason to just end their project without telling us.

We're not paying them, so we can't complain, if it suddenly dies or if they take over a year to come back.

This is where I believe you are partly wrong. I hold the ideal that a TL group can do whatever they damn well please, be it taking a week off, a year off, or just plain out stopping. However, they are also bound to a communal contract of sorts the moment they decide to announce anything publicly. This contract is simply to stay in contact, usually by informing the community of anything extraordinary, such as taking a year off or stopping.

This kind of implicit understanding is there in other translation communities, most notably manga, where to prevent what is wasted work, they inform others of the series they are translating, and when dropping, state it so that both the community knows not to expect any more and to announce to other groups that the series isn't being actively worked on, allowing therm to possibly pick it up for themselves. They do this to both prevent infighting between groups and reduce wasted work, and to then give the community more and differing material instead.

To say that they have no obligation once publicly announcing something would defeat the purpose of publicly announcing it in the first place.

I never said that they have no obligation to do so, the thing is they don't have to make an update or something if they don't want to do so.

Example: I'm free to publicly announce that I'm doing something (eg: "Gore Screaming Show" which i've already announced) and then not to post any updates for months, or none at all until completed.

The thing is, progress is being made whether or not i provide a status update of what going on.

I don't think that's sufficient reason for the whole translation team to be missing in action. I think a monthly update would be good enough.

Keeping people posted on progress builds hype for when it's finally completed and keeps people invested in a project. 

just for information, he´s the sole translator in this project and when him taking a short break for personal reasons, like acclimating to the new environment he´s now living in, then thats fine by me and should be by any rational thinking person out there. also the factum that seemingly no translating is currently beeing done for reasons stated above, doesnt necessarily mean NO overall progress is beeing made in the last month(s), as the other 2 members might, or might not work on stuff like editing, proofreading, or dealing with various technical shenanigans.

[VNDB mod here] That's not actually true. The VNDB rules are a little bit vague and that rule you mentioned applies to publishers/developers. Theoretically we're not supposed to have a release without a producer attached and if we're not allowed to add a producer that would mean we're not allowed to add the release, but we let that slide for translation patches because it's only really meant to stop the influx of indie/doujin VN announcements that go nowhere, and people find using VNDB to track WIP translations useful. The odd side effect of this is that people still enforce that rule for adding translation groups even though we allow their TBA releases. 

Anyways, Imouto Paradise 2's translation is allowable on VNDB. I never added it because at first I was unsure about the project itself and then I forgot about it. I don't like adding freshly announced projects that have shown very little to no early progress. That's just a personal thing, though, and anyone can add releases if they want. If it follows the rules (which this and some others would) I wouldn't ever remove them. 

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone got any update on this game or is it completed (if so please give the link) 

To be honest I've Been waiting for the English patch since 2014 

But now they say they are creating, Man like i said I was like fuckin Finally so i was so glad but please i cant hold any longer 

I think if i cant play the game any sooner i might be starting to lose interest

because the matter is not as simple as some people might think of it, on which i promised to keep for myself, i wont comment on this and its reasons anymore, but yeah the project of theirs IS definitely beeing discontinued.