Imouto Paradise 2 Translation

Dreamcastin

DEAD

~~
Project Introduction

Our team currently works under the name Regulator Software. Currently we have an editor, a cracker, a Japanese-English translator, and a project manager (myself). We are currently working on translating Imouto Paradise 2!

Visual Novel Information
It's summer vacation and Keiichi's parents left him with his five sisters to go on an overseas trip. Now with their parents far out of the picture, his younger sisters are aggressively making their moves on him. Of course there's no way he can hold back.

VNDB
https://vndb.org/v11920

Website
www.regulatorsoftware.com

Progress
Right now we have the entire script for ImoPara2 ripped and put into a spreadsheet to be translated. We also are working on ripping the menu images to translate them into English.

Overall: 63/298

You do know that MangaGamer is likely going to officially localize this, right?

Apart from that, well, good luck with the project. It'll be interesting to see which of you finish first, and I know a lot of people like them little sisters.

You do know that MangaGamer is likely going to officially localize this, right?

Apart from that, well, good luck with the project. It'll be interesting to see which of you finish first, and I know a lot of people like them little sisters.

I think even if MangaGamer is gonna localize it, it's not gonna be anytime soon. I think it'd be a year or more before it would be localized, so I think we can get maybe a couple routes done before MangaGamer even announces their translation.

For what it's worth, some (well, a lot of prolly) translators only do things for the hell of it and/or their liking of the source material. From an outside perspective it does feel a bit wasteful, though. Let's see what happens at MG's imminent panels~ :P

I wouldn't say this is wasteful, but I definitely recommend you bring this to MangaGamer because they're likely to work with you.

Good luck either way, more imoutos = win

I shot the lead translator and the lead programmer an email but I have not heard anything from them as of yet.

yop see it the same way like the others, just doing it by yourself without getting mg involved might be a waste of effords, because its somehow likely them licensing said title, resulting in you getting c&d´ed midway. therefore doing the whole thing in coorperation with mg, provided you get some capable translator(s) on board, would benefit both parties & the (future) audience as well, because they (mg) could license a game, without spending their own (limited) ressources on completing the follow up tasks, means for translation/editing etc, resulting in preserving their manpower & focussing it on an additional title instead.
Nevertheless wish you the best of luck, may your burning passion for imoutos be not in vain!

MangaGamer is not going to work with you unless you've shown the capability of doing things yourself. If you go to them with just an editor and hacker and say you want to translate ImoPara2, they'll likely just give you the email where you can apply for a standard editing position at the company. You wouldn't be offering them any services they can't do more efficiently themselves. However, if you were to have a complete team already assembled with progress already made, and it was sufficiently high quality, they would be much more willing to work with you. So basically, if you really want to do this, you are going to have to get started without MG's help. Good luck in finding that translator.

MangaGamer is not going to work with you unless you've shown the capability of doing things yourself. If you go to them with just an editor and hacker and say you want to translate ImoPara2, they'll likely just give you the email where you can apply for a standard editing position at the company. You wouldn't be offering them any services they can't do more efficiently themselves. However, if you were to have a complete team already assembled with progress already made, and it was sufficiently high quality, they would be much more willing to work with you. So basically, if you really want to do this, you are going to have to get started without MG's help. Good luck in finding that translator.

I just found the translator a couple hours ago, we have already started working on dialogue. Although in all honesty MangaGamer isn't gonna pick us up. It's not likely but like I said I shot them emails, and I'll probably send them a follow up email when we are further into the project.

You'll most likely have till otakon, or next years announcements. not enough time for you to finish this. either way you'll get something from them during that point in time to tell you to Stop what you are doing.

Eh, I think we can have it done before next years group of announcements. We got a lot done today and it was only our first day of editing and translation.

guess it all depends on the level of quality, if it passes their demands than you might get a go from them, otherwise muh & dismissed; because i cant imagine mg wanting a title they´re might be interested in, beeing ruined by a subpar fantranslation.
also simply mailing them without anything to present doesnt help at all, therefore no pain - no gain!

...Why are you even bothering, OP?

Moonstone obviously likes MangaGamer enough to give them two of their IPs, and you're deliberately going out of your way to FanTL the sequel?

They are going to pick it up, it's just a matter of when. You should really learn how to be patient.

because, because mg seemingly doesnt have a horde of translators at hands & like doddler stated none of the current ones is even free to do evangile happiness at the moment, so yeah, IF they are going to do it right, means meeting mg´s expectations qualitywise, then everyone would benefit from them doing so, instead of mg by themselves, BECAUSE that means mg contracted translators (provided if free one day) could focus on OTHER untranslated titles.

edit: & like i said, if they wont meet them quality standarts, then yeah C&D and good bye. not like they are the first ones to approach mg, with the intention to help out translating a title for them.

edit2: either way wish u good luck & hope you get it finished, so that i could give it to my little brother as a present next year, as he´s getting more & more into 3d lately...