VN's that Have been Adapted to Anime?

MFrost

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Majikoi (or perhaps I've missed it). But you'd better read the VN.

you missed it.

found true tears (anime) beeing completely different from the vn named the same.

edit: disliking both versions, but anime is the worst

+1 for phantom of inferno

i just picked out the names i know, well, though i didn't feel the need to watch true tears nor tsukihime anime.

or those could even be called the adaptation? as you all said :makina:

Canvas 2 (It's alright) 24 episodes 
Da Capo 2 (It's okay) 24 episodes 
Mashiro Iro Symphony (I actually liked it lots. A girl is chosen.) 12 episodes
Akane Iro ni Somaru Saka (It's pretty not good, has imouto end though,) 12 episodes 
Yosuga no Sora (The soundtrack is fucking amazing, Eufonius after all. It has sex scenes for all heroines, no hentai, so it's at least up front. There are like 2 episodes per heroine and 4 for the imouto heroine.) 12 episodes 
Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru (It is not very good, but comedic at points) 12 episodes

mashiro iro symphony.....yeah thats been another one of the kind, that made me hate myself for watching it. guess i´ll never understand those dudes making animes, where you´re obviously emotionally forced to ship one pairing of charcters, which´s happy ending everyone expects, gets utterly shattered by reality. gruesome stuff, yep.

edit: & it absolutely doesnt help that the mc picks a girl, when all u feel is the bruning desire to wack them dude senseless for doing so.

I'm watching fate stay night and I can say that it follows the vn really good, the vn is better but in this particular case the anime is almost as good as the vn itself...

The good:

* In the anime you don't have to suffer all the monologues of emiya shirou and he is one of the worst characters from any vn, followed by takeru from muv luv

* The fighiting scenes are really good and being able to actually see the fights is awesome!

* Good animations.

* Episodes of 47 min!

* It follows the vn really reaaaaaaaally good.

The bad:

It mixes all the routes and heaven's feel is almost not there.

The bad:

thats like the main source of problem you have with 99% of all them animes adapted from vn´s, instead of focussing on the best route, you get some wishywashy hardcore mixed up whatever floats your boat to appeal to a wide audience, so yeah fuck that shit, i´m therefore marathoning lolek & bolek aka deep eastern europe retro shit. aye

Eljen a forradalom. Eljen a kommunizmus!

Bolek_Lolek_2.jpg

thats like the main source of problem you have with 99% of all them animes adapted from vn´s, instead of focussing on the best route, you get some wishywashy hardcore mixed up whatever floats your boat to appeal to a wide audience, so yeah fuck that shit, i´m therefore marathoning lolek & bolek aka deep eastern europe retro shit. aye

Eljen a forradalom. Eljen a kommunizmus!

Bolek_Lolek_2.jpg

<--- actually the meaning of that cartoon is pretty deep xD

I'm watching fate stay night and I can say that it follows the vn really good, the vn is better but in this particular case the anime is almost as good as the vn itself...

The good:

* Episodes of 47 min!

The bad:

Wait... what version are you watching? The DEEN abomination anime didn't have doulbe length episodes as far as I know, and ufotable focused specifically on UBW...

You sure you read Fate VN? Go do your homework :)

Fate Stay Night is Deen's take on Fate in 2010 (and it failed in every possible way, by mixing all 3 routes in one stupid mess) and it was loosely focused on Fate (Saber) route, so if throw away some parts related to Sakura it could be called adaptation of Fate route.

Fate UBW is the one done in 2014-2015 and depicts Unlimited Blade Works route, focused on Rin and Shirou. There is no mixes of any other route, there is just some small additional elements, not present in VN, added by scenario writer with guidance from Nasu.

And here awaits the most dark, gore and mad route of Fate, "Heaven's Feel", which is not adaptable for TV without loosing all it's charm, that's why a movie was announced, so well, you just have to wait a bit to see that.

I read the vn I didn't watch the anime I just started watching it, btw use spoiler tags if you are going to talk about important parts of the plot I don't mind but if someone didnt read the novel yet you are kinda ruining a part of the novel for them :o;)

even if the novel is about unlimited blade works aka rin's route it has things about other routes and some made up things too, like Illyasviel saying that she is gonna make shirou suffer because of Kiritsugu (being naked O.o) or who saber kills berserk the first time I really cant remember that part very well but I think she doesnt kill him she just fights him and then archer (emiya) shots the sword at him as an arrow, or how saber encounters kotomine in the school

Msost of the small differences in the UBW anime are there because it continues where Fate Zero left off. It has to take things into account that didn't exist back when the VN was written (the more detailed backstories), and it was a very nice change in my opinion. There also are other additions to flesh out some characters more than didn't get that much attention in the VN in the first place, which again seemed like a very nice touch to me.

Also all the non-existent anime mentioned here, you all have great imagination.  :illya:  Maybe I should pitch in and make up one too... like Chaos;Head! Wouldn't that be a funny adaptation, hahaha! Haha.... ha....

I read the vn I didn't watch the anime I just started watching it, btw use spoiler tags if you are going to talk about important parts of the plot I don't mind but if someone didnt read the novel yet you are kinda ruining a part of the novel for them :o;)

I doubt anyone was not aware that Heaven Feel is dark and gore, so this barely could be a spoiler.

even if the novel is about unlimited blade works aka rin's route it has things about other routes and some made up things too, like Illyasviel saying that she is gonna make shirou suffer because of Kiritsugu (being naked O.o) or who saber kills berserk the first time I really cant remember that part very well but I think she doesnt kill him she just fights him and then archer (emiya) shots the sword at him as an arrow, or how saber encounters kotomine in the school

Yes, Iliyasvieldoes not told that being naked, this is additional scene, same for Kotomine at school (this was mentioned in background, that Kotomine will take care about school by Rin in VN anyway). There is a lot of such small scenes, but they does not have any contradiction or scenes from other routes.

Saber yes, she killed Berserker (well, would be, if not archer) the first time they fought:

"She got him!"

Tohsaka snaps her fingers.

Just as she said… Saber's sword must have hit Berserker, or he must have lost his footing.

Berserker's body, holding firm until now, loses its balance.

"=="

The beast lashes out desperately.