VN's that Have been Adapted to Anime?

MFrost

So is there  a list or something of visual novels that have had their own Anime's? (I'm probably wording this weird, sorry)

Basically, I got into Muv Luv because I liked Total Eclipse and wanted to know more about it and the story, etc. Which led me to Rumbling Hearts...the adaptation was good enough for me and after Going thru Altered Fable, Mitsuki's probably #2.

Same goes with White Album 2, Grisaia, Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete ( I watched the anime, thought WTF and wanted to see if it was from an adaptation which, there was...and is currently in progress) & Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai which I liked, but was too short for my liking..And I want to know who the Student Council President actually is, that last line.

Oh! and Fate/Stay Night of course. Haven't bothered reading the VN, but enjoyed the now completed season.

So, are there any others that are worth at least watching a bit of?

And if this is in    the wrong section, please punt it to the correct one, thanks

Steins' Gate is a must watch

Grisaia VN is great, but i don't think i could see the same quality in anime (obviously)

there's tsukihime, though i haven't watched it myself so i can't give any words.   nvm :scottsune:

Majikoi counts too, but i say you just need to read the VN. it's one of the best. (not the anime though)

and, usually vn-adaptation anime (not all, with exception) would make you cringe rather than that feeling of "this is friggin awesome!". so, i'd advise to read the VN first then the anime.

Fate/Zero is my favorite anime of all time, not an adaptation but its so closely related to Stay Night I felt it was worth mentioning. Steins;Gate is mostly considered one of the best anime ever made, not just adaptation wise, and trust me, it's amazing. If you don't believe me just listen to the opening, its amazing enough at 0:56. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJEGb4MPV6I

Utawarerumono has a really solid anime adaptation. Kanon was pretty good too (the new one, not the old one. Don`t watch the old one... though it does have a good OP). Koihime Musou is also good for some lighthearted yuri fun. I mean it`s not `good` by any stretch of the imagination, but it is `fun`.

Also if you`re okay with otome game adaptations, Hakuouki had a pretty decent anime.

To Heart 2 has an anime series and gets new OVAs every 2 years or so due to the franchise never dying (I was part of the original fansub group that subbed them all). The original series is garbage but the OVAs are a lot of fun until Dungeon Travellers where it rapidly went downhill. However they're the most fun only after you've played the game as they're all side plots based on the original To Heart 2 and To Heart 2 AD stories with references to in game storylines but not actually straight out of it. The original series was based on various routes from the original game without conclusion but was really low budget and uninspiring. I'll be re-subbing the OVAs myself shortly as a kind of appendix to the game translation...

EDIT: I just released the first 3 OVAs subbed.

The Tsukihime anime was made around the same time as the first version of the Kanon anime (I think). They were both shows that pared off huge swaths of story to try to cram it all down into 13 episodes, and neither is very good by today's standards.

Though at the time, especially with how few VNs were available in English (read: maybe like 3), it was the only way we could experience those stories and we actually enjoyed them (until we found out about all the content that had been cut from the stories).