AX2015 Hype/News Thread - Flowers, Root Double, G-Senjou, Himawari, Alicesoft, and more announcements!

Decay

Alicesoft got frightened away by the rapelay incident I'm definitely surprised this is actually happening and yes it's definitely the time to support the company if you hope for more of their games. Funny enough Sengoku Rance is one game I wouldn't mind them turning into an all ages title because the gameplay for that game could easily sell itself. 

I don't really know if Umineko is a good thing... I mean PS3 version port coming to PC soon? Episode 1 already being alpha tested, and so far the game looks amazing... And Episode 2 tests will begin soon(1-3 months, probably?) MG confirmed that it won't be 1080p, it will be just like Higurashi. I think I'll pick this version over MG version for sure... and I guess not only me.

- Alicesoft is pretty good
- Himawari(new Frontwing version) sounds amazing
- Root Double sounds great and Chronoclock also sounds good, but overall I'm kinda disappointed :(
Nothing HUGE wasn't really annouced, maybe in 2016 we'll get something huge :)

Btw, I originally approached MG with a few fan translated scripts of Himawari, and they were very helpful in arranging things with Frontwing. I'd recommend any fan translator who is confident in his abilities to always approach the legal channels first.

Also, let's just say that all the amazing stuff didn't fit into Anime Expo, including the game GareJei and I will be working on next. :P

just for clarification....the last sentence, does it mean also working with mg? or jast etc

edit: AND like already stated countless times from sekai & mg, there´ll be more & even better to come @otakon

I don't really know if Umineko is a good thing... I mean PS3 version port coming to PC soon? Episode 1 already being alpha tested, and so far the game looks amazing... And Episode 2 tests will begin soon(1-3 months, probably?) MG confirmed that it won't be 1080p, it will be just like Higurashi. I think I'll pick this version over MG version for sure... and I guess not only me.

- Alicesoft is pretty good
- Himawari(new Frontwing version) sounds amazing
- Root Double sounds great and Chronoclock also sounds good, but overall I'm kinda disappointed :(
Nothing HUGE wasn't really annouced, maybe in 2016 we'll get something huge :)

Umineko will probably be on the same engine as the Higurashi re-release. With Higurashi, the engine is moddable so you can alter the resolution, add custom assets, etc. So they could make a 1080p version of Umineko with it if they wanted. They probably couldn't do rain effects or similar special effects exclusive to the PS3 version, though.

Umineko will probably be on the same engine as the Higurashi re-release. With Higurashi, the engine is moddable so you can alter the resolution, add custom assets, etc. So they could make a 1080p version of Umineko with it if they wanted. They probably couldn't do rain effects or similar special effects exclusive to the PS3 version, though.

Yeah I know all that, but what I'm saying is that MG picked up Umineko, while PS3 port to PC is in works since 2013? And it will be released in a year or two probably... Umineko Project crew are also doing TLC/QC so... And Episode 1 as I stated earlier is fully playable... That's just sad that MG will also release Umineko version (without 1080p+rain effects+lip sync and more)

@edit

Hmm, maybe they could cooperate somehow? 

I have updated the OP, it should contain all of the announcements and other various news. If I have missed something, let me know.

edit: lol, the new sprites MangaGamer is using for Umineko are from the pachinko game:

Also it looks bad.

Alicesoft got frightened away by the rapelay incident I'm definitely surprised this is actually happening and yes it's definitely the time to support the company if you hope for more of their games. Funny enough Sengoku Rance is one game I wouldn't mind them turning into an all ages title because the gameplay for that game could easily sell itself. 

I wonder how would that work though as in Rance being Rance... lol.

Hoping for Daiteitoku.

It's kind of unfortunate how the Alicesoft deal messes with two almost-complete translations. I can guarantee you that 5D and 6 won't see the light of day for years, but they both would have been out within a couple months otherwise. I'm guessing they're going to want to do those in order, so Rance 01, 02, 03, (will 4 be getting a remake?), THEN 5D and 6. It's probably pretty shitty to sit on a completed translation for years. Ask anyone who has worked for JAST. Oh well, I suppose this actually does mean more Alicesoft/Rance translations overall in the long run.

I have updated the OP, it should contain all of the announcements and other various news. If I have missed something, let me know.

edit: lol, the new sprites MangaGamer is using for Umineko are from the pachinko game:

Also it looks bad.

...Wow. Given the seiyuus, it must have been expensive....

I'm speechless.

from my point of view mg getting gare & conjurer on board, is way more relevant than the new titles announcement, cause both seem/are definitely capable of doing translations of games, they (mg) would have refrained from doing so otherwise, like..like...*left to ones imagination* :D

The writer of Himawari actually participated in writing Narcissu 3 as well. The games share a fairly similar atmosphere.

yeah, from what I know he only wrote only a route or story (it has 4 or 3 I think) and the ones he didnt write are bads

I mean this

1969.jpg

She is talking about jumping off from there and dying instantly while showing up her butt :/ meh

and narcissu it just doesnt fit...

I was actually willing to buy it but there isnt any place where you can get it digitally:/ only psp copies

Some interesting little nuggets of information about Himawari. The version MangaGamer is working with isn't even released in Japan yet. Nor have they even announced a PC version for Japan (although I imagine it's coming). MangaGamer has announced that there will be an adult version, yet another thing that's not even announced for Japan. It will be the first version since the original doujin version to have adult content. Seems like Front Wing and Bank Note are giving this a lot of special attention, and it's really rare for these VN translation companies to be allowed to work on VNs that aren't even out yet. 

It's kind of unfortunate how the Alicesoft deal messes with two almost-complete translations. I can guarantee you that 5D and 6 won't see the light of day for years, but they both would have been out within a couple months otherwise. I'm guessing they're going to want to do those in order, so Rance 01, 02, 03, (will 4 be getting a remake?), THEN 5D and 6. It's probably pretty shitty to sit on a completed translation for years. Ask anyone who has worked for JAST. Oh well, I suppose this actually does mean more Alicesoft/Rance translations overall in the long run.

So that was it huh. Also about your question on 04 TADA does want to make it so it's possible. He also wants to make a remake of 02.