AX2015 Hype/News Thread - Flowers, Root Double, G-Senjou, Himawari, Alicesoft, and more announcements!

Decay

A leak just occurred and it has been revealed that one of Sekai Project's announcements will be that they're working with Lemnisca on Root Double. This is pretty dang exciting. It's a very highly rated survival story where nine people have nine hours to survive and... wait. I've heard that one somewhere before. IIRC there is actually some shared pedigree between Root Double and 999. Lemnisca is a quality translation group to partner with, too, previously doing some Infinity stuff, I/O, and Killer Queen.

To explain the relations between the group of games that's generally referred to as 'infinity-related games':

(tl;dr at bottom of post)

It all starts with the infinity series (that is, Never7, Ever17 and Remember11). There are two relevant persons and one relevant group in this:

- Takumi Nakazawa

- Koutarou Uchikoshi

- Other KID staff (including Takeshi Abo and Hayashi Naotaka)

Takumi Nakazawa was the director of all three infinity games. Furthermore, he was the main writer of Remember11. He was also a writer for the other two games.

Koutarou Uchikoshi was the main writer of Never7 and Ever17. He was also a writer for Remember11 (although using an alias).

(Takeshi Abo was the composer for all three games. Hayashi Naotaka was one of the writers for Remember11.)

Together, these two were the most influential people in the creation of the infinity games. After Remember11, Takumi Nakazawa left KID to form his own studio, Regista. Regista created I/O with Nakazawa as director and main writer. Meanwhile, KID was working on 12Riven, the first game of a planned new trilogy. Uchikoshi was the director and main writer for this game. (Naotaka also worked on it as a writer, and Takeshi Abo was the composer.) However, KID went bankrupt before its release; through Cyberfront, which bought the rights from KID, they were able to release 12Riven eventually.

After KID's bankruptcy, a significant portion of KID's staff (including Takeshi Abo and Hayashi Naotaka) went to work for 5pb. Games. Under Naotaka's lead, 5pb. released Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate. (Abo was the composer for both.) Meanwhile, Uchikoshi went freelance and got contracted by Chunsoft (now Spike Chunsoft after merging with Danganronpa developer Spike) to create 999.

After that, Naotaka continued to write a bunch of Steins;Gate spin-offs and the rest of the Science series, Uchikoshi wrote 999 sequel Virtue's Last Reward, and eventually Nakazawa's Regista released Root Double with Nakazawa as Director but not as writer.

----------

TL;DR:

Takumi Nakazawa:

Never7 (Director, writer)

Ever17 (Director, writer)

Remember11 (Director, main writer)

I/O (Director, main writer)

Root Double (Director)

Koutarou Uchikoshi:

Never7 (Main writer)

Ever17 (Main writer)

Remember11 (Writer)

12Riven (Director, main writer)

999 (Director, main writer)

Virtue's Last Reward (Director, main (or only?) writer)

Hayashi Naotaka:

Remember11 (Writer)

12Riven (Writer)

Chaos;Head (Main (or only?) writer)

Steins;Gate (Main writer)

Robotics;Notes (Main writer)

Chaos;Head Love Chu*Chu! (Main writer)

Steins;Gate Hiyoku Renri no Darling (Supervisor)

Steins;Gate 8bit (Main (only?) writer)

Robotics;Notes (Main (only?) writer)

Steins;Gate Senkei Kousoku no Phenogram (Supervisor, writer)

Chaos;Child (Supervisor, writer)

Steins;Gate 0 (Main (only?) writer)

Takeshi Abo:

Composer for the infinity games and everything Naotaka has worked on (except Love Chu*Chu?) plus some other 5pb. games.

Why are you guys so excited about Flowers? Is it really that good?

I posted up a review of the first game in the blogs. It has some rough bits, but the writing is really solid and the characters are likeable. I think any yuri fan should definitely be looking forward to it.

Root Double, eh? Yes finally. But at least it still take a while, because unlike Grisaia no Kajitsu and Clannad, this one is still had not any visible progress yet, even though Lemnisca already planned to translated it. And it show us that Sekai actually could do it if they try, of course in regard of licensing nice VN that very long, got the good score at VNDB, and not the doujin one.

My opinion is I would like if Sekai released Code18 also in case they need quick money to sell the game to the peole who like moege and like milktub song from KiraKira fame. I of course will played it if they released in English. After all even the release of PC version of Code18 had already predicted in Mayan calendar, so of course Mayan people know good game. For this game, I think MT is fine too because, hey we couldn't have angry fans waited, right? Right?

Yeah, in this case you couldn't get what I mean, pretty much I said sarcasm about Code18. To be honest I didn't play it yet. But from the review it was said that this game was bad. Well, and the premise and the character is ripped off Steins;Gate, one of more accomplished VN according to VNDB (Rank 2 after MLA) although of course there were some who said it's overrated one though. About the OP from Code18, I think it's actually quite good, but it's more rock like, while back in Infinity series, it's more subtle. At least for PC version. And the design for Code18 is more moege like though imo. By the way, the VNDB score is quite low.

Okay back to Root Double. First I will not bother to explained the premise, but I think I'll let the head of Lemnisca GundamAce/ShadowBlackMage in Gamefaqs do the explaining about Root Double or his take to Code18. Here's the link from both Animesuki and Gamefaqs

https://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=99472

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/931349-ever17-out-of-infinity/57666466

The thing is, actually GundamAce expressed they want to translated it 3 years ago. If you check up these thread, good luck to opening the page one by one.

The interesting fact to me is the Seiyuu. Well, here's the list of seiyuu of Root Double thanks to VNDB.

https://vndb.org/v5000/chars#chars

https://vndb.org/v5000/staff#staff

Both of MC is have not much role in VN, but Watase is played as Kariya back in Fate/Zero. Yuuri and Yui didn't have many role in VN, at least the one that was translated. That's a shame, considering I actually like the design both of them, especially Yuuri back in 2012. One interesting note, actually Yuuri seiyuu is voiced MC of Flower, Shirahane Suou. Does that mean Regista saw that one of their seiyuu will play in yuri VN lol.

Okay, the rest is actually have the role in english translated vn. The green haired girl is had many role. She is Wanko in Majikoi, Kazuki in Grisaia, and Keiko in Remember11. In case you didn't know she is Akane Tomonaga/Aoyama Yukari. There's also Satou Rina who played Ange in Umineko, Asami Imai who played Makise Kurisu in Steins Gate, Ookawa Tooru who played Tomitake in Higurashi and Gasai in Comyu, Sayaka Oohara who played Beatrice in Umineko. Special note goes to Toyoguchi Megami who also played Mayuzumi Lin, the annoying lawyer back in Remember11 and GundamAce actually pointed out that she was the same as Mayuzumi. And he's note that Ena, the character is far more tolerable than Mayuzumi, according to his review anyway. There's also one more seiyuu from Grisaia, Shimizu Ai. Since Root Double is dealing with nuclear, hopefully

Spoiler

she didn't blow up the nuclear plant like Sachi back in Grisaia no Kajitsu.

Well, hope I help you for the information about Root Double, and hope you like it just as GundamAce like it.

PS At first I didn't believe it, but after I saw the video, I think it's safe to hope though. Here's the link to the video http://www.bilibili.com/video/av2520339/. Oh I find the OP is good, better than Code18 of course and the title sound cryptic (Double Bible)

So far, still nothing excited me. Sigh...

There's a decent chance of something being for you tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if MG announced another moege. And JAST has Comic-Con next week where there will supposedly be another announcement, maybe they saved the Alcot game for that. Or maybe they abandoned Alcot?

Root Double... I was actually planning on reading that in Japanese sometime in the next year. I'll still do so, but I am excited that the rest of the visual novel community will have the chance to get their hands on it as well. Will buy it when it is brought over though, just so I can help support these things.

the whole JAST incident today, made me see mangagamers latest pre-ax announcement about "unexpected partnerships" in a new light

Heh.

A leak just occurred and it has been revealed that one of Sekai Project's announcements will be that they're working with Lemnisca on Root Double. This is pretty dang exciting. It's a very highly rated survival story where nine people have nine hours to survive and... wait. I've heard that one somewhere before. IIRC there is actually some shared pedigree between Root Double and 999. Lemnisca is a quality translation group to partner with, too, previously doing some Infinity stuff, I/O, and Killer Queen. 

The leak came in the form of the OP on Youtube which has since been taken down. I haven't personally seen it before it was removed but enough other people did to basically confirm it. 

Also, a SonoHana event will be held at MangaGamer's booth: http://mikajyo.pink/event.html Yeah that doesn't make it obvious at all...

Wow, I really hope this is true. Root Double was written by a new writer afaik, but that game is top-tier good.

So, in just a little under 3 hours, Sekai Project will be hosting their panel. And in a little under 5 hours, MangaGamer will be holding theirs. For Sekai Project, Root Double has already leaked out. For MangaGamer, SonoHana has been heavily hinted at. For MG's part, they have at least three other announcements. Any other last minute predictions? What do you think is going to happen?

That's a bold thing to say when that's the only VN we know for sure will be there. I really don't have a clue what else SP will have. Root Double is probably the next kickstarter project Dovac has hinted at. If they have both that AND another Key game, that would be a pretty impressive lineup.

For MG, they have four confirmed announcements, three for brand new partners and one for an existing one. There is some question as to whether they'll formally announce Supipara at AX or at Otakon, and if they announce it here if that will be their announcement from an existing partner, or if they're considering that some minor side thing because everyone knows they're doing it already. For their new partners, SonoHana has been heavily hinted at already, so that's one. The other two are more nebulous. I think they might try to strike a deal with another moege dev. The options for that are quite broad and maybe we'll see something like Clochette, Unison Shift, or Windmill. I'd like to see them get deeper into the Chuuni genre but I kind of doubt we'll see anything like that. 

That's a bold thing to say when that's the only VN we know for sure will be there. I really don't have a clue what else SP will have. Root Double is probably the next kickstarter project Dovac has hinted at. If they have both that AND another Key game, that would be a pretty impressive lineup.

For MG, they have four confirmed announcements, three for brand new partners and one for an existing one. There is some question as to whether they'll formally announce Supipara at AX or at Otakon, and if they announce it here if that will be their announcement from an existing partner, or if they're considering that some minor side thing because everyone knows they're doing it already. For their new partners, SonoHana has been heavily hinted at already, so that's one. The other two are more nebulous. I think they might try to strike a deal with another moege dev. The options for that are quite broad and maybe we'll see something like Clochette, Unison Shift, or Windmill. I'd like to see them get deeper into the Chuuni genre but I kind of doubt we'll see anything like that. 

I'm not sure they specified that they would be announcing 3 new partners at AX, as much as they just had 3 new in general. I think they're also doing announcements at Otakon so they might save 1 for then. 

What if they announce Dies Irae?????

Good luck finding anyone willing and capable of translating that. 

I'm not sure they specified that they would be announcing 3 new partners at AX, as much as they just had 3 new in general. I think they're also doing announcements at Otakon so they might save 1 for then. 

It was specifically in reference to AX: http://blog.mangagamer.org/2015/06/19/anime-expo-information/

Otakon will have announcements, too, but I think they're packing in the most exciting stuff into AX with no nukige (probably) and Otakon will have nukige announcements and more announcements from current partners.