AX2015 Hype/News Thread - Flowers, Root Double, G-Senjou, Himawari, Alicesoft, and more announcements!

Decay

They cannot and will not. Himawari only has one 18+ version, the original one. All of its several other iterations were all-ages, including the new remake they're localizing. You cannot blame MangaGamer for this. Unless you're just mad that they picked an all-ages game at all, which is ridiculous considering how highly acclaimed this one is. They've announced a lot of nukige this year and have a lot of that to release yet. They're still licensing borderline games like Haruka, and some adult-themed games that cannot go all-ages like KnS2. And there will probably be more games that they make two versions of like Princess Evangile. It's good to have a nice spread of all sorts of games.

They cannot and will not. Himawari only has one 18+ version, the original one. All of its several other iterations were all-ages, including the new remake they're localizing. You cannot blame MangaGamer for this. Unless you're just mad that they picked an all-ages game at all, which is ridiculous considering how highly acclaimed this one is. They've announced a lot of nukige this year and have a lot of that to release yet. They're still licensing borderline games like Haruka, and some adult-themed games that cannot go all-ages like KnS2. And there will probably be more games that they make two versions of like Princess Evangile. It's good to have a nice spread of all sorts of games.

Yes, I just do not want any cut-outs, like that Sekai does and mosaic versions of adult games and I do not like current trend to release all-ages without adult counterpart (or relesing it in mosaic). I am into VNs since the time Jast USA was active, releasing Three Sisters Story, Season of the Sakura, Nocturnal Illusion, etc., so I just cannot take these approaches, as in any new year they cut more and more from eroge. In the end the remains does not look good for me. I never saw any all-age version, which was better than their 18+ version (means all-age where adult content was overplayed so brilliantly so it excels adult version). I have no problem with VNs, which were initially written as all-ages, as they does not have these awful "replacements" or "cut-outs".

And it is obvious, that publishers are concentrated on releasing all-ages as they give more profits. I would rather want Steam to ban all VNs again, as in this case they would not think about all-ages, but will think more about good game or not good... As now it is about or get "good title, but cutted to all-age" or get nukige in all possible way, while normal adult person is stuck inbetween.

Yes, I just do not want any cut-outs, like that Sekai does and mosaic versions of adult games and I do not like current trend to release all-ages without adult counterpart (or relesing it in mosaic). I am into VNs since the time Jast USA was active, releasing Three Sisters Story, Season of the Sakura, Nocturnal Illusion, etc., so I just cannot take these approaches, as in any new year they cut more and more from eroge. In the end the remains does not look good for me. I never saw any all-age version, which was better than their 18+ version (means all-age where adult content was overplayed so brilliantly so it excels adult version). I have no problem with VNs, which were initially written as all-ages, as they does not have these awful "replacements" or "cut-outs".

And it is obvious, that publishers are concentrated on releasing all-ages as they give more profits. I would rather want Steam to ban all VNs again, as in this case they would not think about all-ages, but will think more about good game or not good... As now it is about or get "good title, but cutted to all-age" or get nukige in all possible way, while normal adult person is stuck inbetween.

question: what happens to the translation of grisaia no mekyuu and grisaia no eden from sekai projecT?

and here i am thinking that h2o will be translated.......... (sigh)

I think they're alright? I mean, cooperation between a localization company and a developer isn't marriage, as proven by Flowers, and SP already licensed those two. 

Meikyuu (Labyrinth) will be out later this year. Rakuen (Eden) will be out in the first half of next year. Kajitsu was a quick turnover because it was already translated, the next two games actually have to be translated from scratch. 

• 2 weeks later...

Nope. Maybe they will have something to say about that tomorrow at their panel. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a title for 2016.

Doddler has more or less said that there will be a moege announcement from MangaGamer tonight so the moege fans who got blueballed at AX will hopefully not be disappointed. I'm still crossing my fingers for Tsuriotsu.

edit: Oh, I thought this was the otakon thread for a minute.

Unfortunately it seems as if Root Double will be getting a kickstarter putting Sekai Project yet again in a negative light.

We ourselves can confirm that Root Double will be released on Steam and that it will have a Kickstarter.

Unfortunately it seems as if Root Double will be getting a kickstarter putting Sekai Project yet again in a negative light.

We ourselves can confirm that Root Double will be released on Steam and that it will have a Kickstarter.

I'll definitely back this but then theres always a chance it wont make its goal, meaning it won't get made. So what would be the point?

I doubt Root Double is not going to make it though. I think so far everything SP put on Kickstarter got funded and localized? Might have missed something though.

On a side note, I don't really care for their kickstarters because I don't pledge anything myself. I don't really care if its right or wrong for them to do it either because a lot of people seem to be wanting to support them, fully aware of the risk of pledging on a kickstarter.

edit: if only the kickstarter was for the sake of funding physical copies. That would make a steam release confirmed and that tweet would make sense. ^^;

Well, it's mostly thanks to steam that big name VNs are finally being localized, or you might be looking forward to Harukoi Otome 2 now instead of Grisaia.

MangaGamer is still very interested in their 18+ titles, but the situation with Himawari was that Frontwing only had rights to the PSVita version. So you can pretty much assume that the old 18+ version of Himawari is a different game at this point (and visually it sure looks so :D).

Not to mention that the original Himawari only had three scenes, all of which are more or less preserved with a few more explicit lines softened and ero CGs tweaked a bit. We're still probably looking at a pretty edgy 15+/17+ game here. Even as a die-hard fan of the original, I'd still pick the PSVita version if given the choice.

Any chance for a die-hard fan of Himawari to get a localized version of these 3 scenes for old game? Or something restricts you personally to do that?

Any chance for a die-hard fan of Himawari to get a localized version of these 3 scenes for old game? Or something restricts you personally to do that?

Well, first you'd have to do a whole separate release that looks nothing like the English version we're releasing visually, and then the text in those scenes is mostly preserved except for the most explicit stuff anyway. Just google the ero CGs of the old game after you reach the scenes in the PSVita version, and you'll have your 18+ version. xD

Well, first you'd have to do a whole separate release that looks nothing like the English version we're releasing visually, and then the text in those scenes is mostly preserved except for the most explicit stuff anyway. Just google the ero CGs of the old game after you reach the scenes in the PSVita version, and you'll have your 18+ version. xD