AX2015 Hype/News Thread - Flowers, Root Double, G-Senjou, Himawari, Alicesoft, and more announcements!

Decay

Uh, has Sekai Project released a single eroge without mosaics?  I don't think so.  I don't even think they're interested in releasing games without mosaics.

JAST has a strong anti-mosaic stance.  They had a topic on the official forums where they discussed softening this stance, but reaction from the forum regulars was a bit divided.  Many fans would rather the game not be released at all if it has to be released with mosaics.

Uh, has Sekai Project released a single eroge without mosaics?  I don't think so.  I don't even think they're interested in releasing games without mosaics.

JAST has a strong anti-mosaic stance.  They had a topic on the official forums where they discussed softening this stance, but reaction from the forum regulars was a bit divided.  Many fans would rather the game not be released at all if it has to be released with mosaics.

Well to be honest Sekai Project has a few games that do not have mosaics first we have the original english language visual novel Sunrider but we also have Nekopara. Grisaia I believe was a case of Frontwing either not having them without mosaics (most japanese companies wouldn't really have a use for them so why would they keep them?) or that they wanted to be cautious. So sekai project until proven otherwise has no issue with releasing games without mosaics.

I also completely disagree and if a game has to have mosaics then so be it...it's better than nothing but it definitely is preferable to not have any mosaics to begin with. I honestly think a lot of people simply try to find reasons to not support the games so they can try and give them a reason to not pay and pirate instead...might be a bit of a cynical outlook and it's probably not true of everyone but I'm sure it's the reason for some people.

I also just realized this is rather irrelevant to more announcements. Jast has indeed confirmed that they will be at SDCC whereas Mangagamer and Sekai Project probably will not. It also seems they will be announcing at least two games. Considering JAST is situated in the san diego area I half think they care more about SDCC than Anime-Expo at times...we will probably see if that's true soon.

Uh, has Sekai Project released a single eroge without mosaics? I don't think so. I don't even think they're interested in releasing games without mosaics.

Technically speaking, Sekai does not release 18+ versions, Denpasoft does. And they put a 18+ uncensor patch for Nekopara somewhere, if I remember correctly.

JAST has a strong anti-mosaic stance. They had a topic on the official forums where they discussed softening this stance, but reaction from the forum regulars was a bit divided. Many fans would rather the game not be released at all if it has to be released with mosaics.

Yes and I am among these fans and this is another reason why I buy things from Jast. There are indeed titles, for which I would still buy censored version (if someone will release Muramasa at last, for ex), but as current trend is like "fans release translation => title got licensed => same title got released with same translation" there is absolutely no reason to pay licensers, while I already bought most titles I wanted in their japanese releases already.

Well to be honest Sekai Project has a few games that do not have mosaics first we have the original english language visual novel Sunrider but we also have Nekopara. Grisaia I believe was a case of Frontwing either not having them without mosaics (most japanese companies wouldn't really have a use for them so why would they keep them?) or that they wanted to be cautious. So sekai project until proven otherwise has no issue with releasing games without mosaics.

That's why I asked before if it was a common way for companies to have an artist to do decensor works. Opinions were mixed, as seems no one knows what companies do...

I also completely disagree if a game has to have mosaics then so be it...it's better than nothing but it definitely is preferable to not have any mosaics to begin with. I honestly think a lot of people simply try to find reasons to not support the games so they can try and give them a reason to not pay and pirate instead...might be a bit of a cynical outlook and it's probably not true of everyone but I'm sure it's the reason for some people.

That's just stupid to release a game everyone played already and which have no improvements. And I really not a japanese, I grown in a sane world, with real naked gals everywhere on the web and on TV, and these mosaics are a WUUUT? effect. I understand that if game was only released in Japan, but why take all that into normal worldwide release? I actually have an opinion, that lot of fetishes we see in nukige titles are coming because they are just free to show without fear about censorships and you do not need to put mosaics on them. Japan seems just like to create perverts from their people, but why do same to us?

I do not believe that it is impossible to hire an artist to recreate these censored parts. Seems just not profitable enough.

That's why I asked before if it was a common way for companies to have an artist to do decensor works. Opinions were mixed, as seems no one knows what companies do...

That's just stupid to release a game everyone played already and which have no improvements. And I really not a japanese, I grown in a sane world, with real naked gals everywhere on the web and on TV, and these mosaics are a WUUUT? effect. I understand that if game was only released in Japan, but why take all that into normal worldwide release? I actually have an opinion, that lot of fetishes we see in nukige titles are coming because they are just free to show without fear about censorships and you do not need to put mosaics on them. Japan seems just like to create perverts from their people, but why do same to us?

I do not believe that it is impossible to hire an artist to recreate these censored parts. Seems just not profitable enough.

All these are just miserable excuses. So only minori is afraid, and Nitroplus and tons of other - do not afraid. Print in big letter "DO NOT FOR SALE OR RENTAL IN JAPAN STRICTLY PROHIBITED THIS COPY ILLEGAL IN JAPAN" inside the game and no law court would be able to do anything with your company, as it was not you, but counterfeit traders, and moreover - japan company was just developer, not a publisher, so all the lawsuits would go to publisher. Or even more if you are paranoid - do an uncensor unofficial patch and everyone are good to go. But...

I see the only answer - these japanese companies are xenophobic perverts, who want the whole world to see their ugly mosaics :)

Apart joking, do I as a customer should care what stupid reasons japanese companies have? What, really, I should? I do not think so.

Yes, absolutely, if there is a dick in the scene - I want to see dat dick and not blurry squares :) I hate mosaics from the bottom of my heart :) I am thinking about VNs as a form of art, so if there were ero scenes - they have to be shown in full uncensored way. That's ridiculous to censor for example dicks on Ancient Greece statues, Same here. Form of art cannot be censored.

So you would censor dicks on statues, paintings, etc, if you could? That's weird...

Painting and statues are totally different to me :P You can think that H-scenes are art if you want but for me they are fap material

And if we look at Satsuki's pic that way it's totally ok. It's not like the dick makes the statues art. It's the whole statue not the dick.

having personally no qualms with mosaics & yeah without you see everything, but all them hentai & other stuff made me beeing used to them sexy little pixies, in a way i wont feel the same anymore than without.

as for comic con, cant imagine jast, who is already building their booth, non announcing anything there, because that would made their whole attendence ....

Technically speaking, Sekai does not release 18+ versions, Denpasoft does. And they put a 18+ uncensor patch for Nekopara somewhere, if I remember correctly.

The "uncensor patch" does not remove mosaics.  It reinstates H-scenes to the Steam version.

As for evidence that Nekopara has mosaics...

Taking out mosaic censorship
I bought the R18 version from the main site, but is there a way to take out the mosaic censorship from the images? I'd really like to enjoy the game in full!

https://steamcommunity.com/app/333600/discussions/0/627457521146288719/

Sunrider is an OELVN.  That doesn't count, as there were no mosaics for Sekai Project to remove in the first place.

The "uncensor patch" does not remove mosaics.  It reinstates H-scenes to the Steam version.

As for evidence that Nekopara has mosaics...

So seems I remembered that wrong, as I anyway did not bought that.

Then seems close to zero reasons for me buy anything from Sekai/Denpa.

having personally no qualms with mosaics & yeah without you see everything, but all them hentai & other stuff made me beeing used to them sexy little pixies, in a way i wont feel the same anymore than without.

Developing passion for mosaics is unnatural...

A lot of uncensored art looks awful because they figured no one would ever see it. Like we discussed previously, they don't actually redraw it so it just stays awful when the mosaics are removed. MangaGamer's Softhouse Seal releases are a big offender of this. Leaving it censored can leave more to the imagination, making it more erotic. This mostly just applies to when it's done shittily, though.

As an aside, Sekai Project just confirmed that Root Double will be a PC release. I wonder why they had to wait on that? Seems odd.

As an aside, Sekai Project just confirmed that Root Double will be a PC release. I wonder why they had to wait on that? Seems odd.

Probably because 5pb was pushing for a console release but really that is not a profitable way to go about selling visual novels which hopefully these companies will figure out sooner than later.

Developing passion for mosaics is unnatural...

jdwyz.png

Probably because 5pb was pushing for a console release but really that is not a profitable way to go about selling visual novels which hopefully these companies will figure out sooner than later.

Nope. 5pb. has nothing whatsoever to do with Root Double. Developer is Regista, publisher is Yeti.

A lot of uncensored art looks awful because they figured no one would ever see it. Like we discussed previously, they don't actually redraw it so it just stays awful when the mosaics are removed. MangaGamer's Softhouse Seal releases are a big offender of this. Leaving it censored can leave more to the imagination, making it more erotic. This mostly just applies to when it's done shittily, though.

I would be so fucking happy right now if I had not learned this Xtend edition was on the Vita as well. Would love to see RD pull a Steins; Gate and come out for Vita too but that is highly unlikely :<

Uh, why was there any doubt that it would be a PC release to begin with?  What's the last console release that Sekai Project has done?

Sekai Project is releasing Vita versions of the Grisaia series. Also the Xtend Edition which is the one they've announced is not for PC. I thought it was likely it would be a PC release but I wasn't fully sure.

Oh, that was a stretch goal for Grisaia, wasn't it?  It's extremely rare that a PC publisher does a console release, but I guess they offered it to raise more money for the Kickstarter.