AX2015 Hype/News Thread - Flowers, Root Double, G-Senjou, Himawari, Alicesoft, and more announcements!

Decay

G-Sen before Sharin no Kuni. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Other than that, meh.

I bet both are worked on at the same time. G-Sen was just announced first because its fan-tl needed less fixing.

I'd wager SP will announce Sharin on Otakon.

Another castrated to death VN... G-Senjou without H-scenes is meaningless...

Mizuha dead end

- remove that completely? All scenes with Haru - remove? How could anyone get mentally involved in the love story, when they never had any love scenes? Well, I remember how they did that in fan translation, but it was... Not good.

>Chrono Clock localization

>checks VNDB

>checks tags

>Blood-related Sister Heroine

... I knew there was a reason why it was already on my wishlist~

Probably just going to read in Japanese as well... but I will STILL buy it. Again, just so I can support the localizations so more people can read these things.

Another castrated to death VN... G-Senjou without H-scenes is meaningless...

Mizuha dead end

- remove that completely? All scenes with Haru - remove? How could anyone get mentally involved in the love story, when they never had any love scenes? Well, I remember how they did that in fan translation, but it was... Not good.

I imagine for a few of these games we will likely get releases through Denpasoft (which is owned by sekai project). That is my hope at least...I would love unbutchered version of these games but if all else fails patching in and translating the scenes they edit should not be too difficult as long as the release is not as horrible as moenovel's was. Hopefully it will not come to that and we will get legitimate versions.

Think about it this way if you were a company and you knew a large portion of the fanbase will not buy cut content wouldn't releasing two versions make the most amount of profit. The Japanese companies are profit-based for a lot of them so I think it is inevitable that they'll want to make money on both spectrums...they might just be a bit more secretive about the 18+ releases until after the all ages ones get released or until they can figure out how to go about selling them as such. I think the muv-luv games will be the same way.

My biggest worry about all of this is not censorship but whether these announcements are actual announcements or precursors to having all of these games go up on kickstarter in the future...something I would not be accepting of after announcing the games.

Think about it this way if you were a company and you knew a large portion of the fanbase will not buy cut content wouldn't releasing two versions make the most amount of profit. The Japanese companies are profit-based for a lot of them so I think it is inevitable that they'll want to make money on both spectrums...they might just be a bit more secretive about the 18+ releases until after the all ages ones get released or until they can figure out how to go about selling them as such. I think the muv-luv games will be the same way.

My biggest worry about all of this is not censorship but whether these announcements are actual announcements or precursors to having all of these games go up on kickstarter in the future...something I would not be accepting of after announcing the games.

Just in case you missed it, Muv-Luv is confirmed as coming in both all-ages and 18+ versions for the upcoming releases. 

Edit: Oops, so they just WANT to leave the door open to potential 18+, but can't say for certain right now. 

Also, I feel the same about the potential for some of these announced games to jump on Kickstarter later. I maintain a list of Sekai Project published titles specifically and thus far 26 of 65 titles have utilized crowdfunding (that includes games which ran a KS prior to SP deciding to publish them too, though). 

Mangagamer also likely won (in that poll) because a new game was announced for Japan as well. If we can also believe the rumors and the hype it seems Mangagamer is saving some more amazing announcements for the end of the month at otakon.

I imagine for a few of these games we will likely get releases through Denpasoft (which is owned by sekai project). That is my hope at least...I would love unbutchered version of these games but if all else fails patching in and translating the scenes they edit should not be too difficult as long as the release is not as horrible as moenovel's was. Hopefully it will not come to that and we will get legitimate versions.

sekai project are not reliable. They told would be 18+ version of Grisaia through Denpa. Well, release was time ago, translation and stuff was done years ago, so all what is needed is just get uncensored versions from authors, correct? But no, Denpasoft told on their page "no timelines, would be some day". What is this? People paid for that on Kickstarter, paid on Steam and still these money-squeezers want a separate release which would be done "some day"? That's ridiculous. They could just put a patch like did Jast (if i am not mistaken) or be less loud-mouth and more open in terms of explaining things.

So I personally see no reason to give any money to sekai, especially when they plan to sell butchered version of same game I already have a physical japan release and a very good fan translation. So if I was a publisher - i would sell all-age version on Steam and have a possibility to download 18+ version patch on my website for free (or small price) if user on steam bought it and he is 18 years). So i really do not want sekai to sell g senjou in this case.

You can only milk the community x amount of times before they get tired of KS I guess? Or no people are stupid enough to throw money at anything, including me. Well I guess KS is a safe choice. You get the profit and know you got the income and insurance of at least a successful campagin for SP. They are not losing money at least. But if they don't the the projects well and fail to deliver people are going to abandon that ship and we are back in a downward spiral when SP can't rely on the customers to gain profit. They are a company after all. 

But I am actually really surprised about the announcements. And more to come. Was it such hype last year? I can't remember.

sekai project are not reliable. They told would be 18+ version of Grisaia through Denpa. Well, release was time ago, translation and stuff was done years ago, so all what is needed is just get uncensored versions from authors, correct? But no, Denpasoft told on their page "no timelines, would be some day". What is this? People paid for that on Kickstarter, paid on Steam and still these money-squeezers want a separate release which would be done "some day"? That's ridiculous. They could just put a patch like did Jast (if i am not mistaken) or be less loud-mouth and more open in terms of explaining things.

So I personally see no reason to give any money to sekai, especially when they plan to sell butchered version of same game I already have a physical japan release and a very good fan translation. So if I was a publisher - i would sell all-age version on Steam and have a possibility to download 18+ version patch on my website for free (or small price) if user on steam bought it and he is 18 years). So i really do not want sekai to sell g senjou in this case.

May explain why Frontwing may be playing the "I think we should see other people" card on SP

>Chrono Clock localization

>checks VNDB

>checks tags

>Blood-related Sister Heroine

... I knew there was a reason why it was already on my wishlist~

Probably just going to read in Japanese as well... but I will STILL buy it. Again, just I can support the localizations so more people can read these things.

sister is adorable! 

oR0Q60T.png

May explain why Frontwing may be playing the "I think we should see other people" card on SP

To be clear, while Front Wing seems to be happily working with MangaGamer on Himawari, it's kind of not their decision, but Bank Note's. 

but on the other hand, whilst witnessing companies like IG officially two-timing & increasing the chances of more of their titles beeing sold, without them western publishers going full riot over it, its pretty likely others might follow the trend.

In the end there´s nothing really westerner publishers can do, to keep them from doing so, cause as for now they still depend on the jap partners they´ve got.

edit: here´s another short statement from doddler regarding otakon:
http://ask.fm/The_Doddler/answer/128752064241

I'm pretty sure the biggest reason MG wins in that poll is because all the voters hate Sekai Project.

Not surprising, 4chan is a fairly irrational place with the participants circle-jerking to their own faux edginess.

/vg/'s poll is more divided despite strong anti-SP sentiment existing there as well.

That IS surprising, because 4-chan is a fairly irrational place with the participants circle-jerking to their faux edginess.