AX2015 Hype/News Thread - Flowers, Root Double, G-Senjou, Himawari, Alicesoft, and more announcements!

Decay

People are confused and rightfully so I've never seen a visual novel company NTR another one before and it's bloody hilarious if a bit worrying for how the two companies might act towards each other as a result. JAST getting it though means no DRM which is better in my opinion. It's also possible mangagamer is spending big bucks on a different announcement and didn't have the money to pick up FLOWERS at this time so IG went to JAST since JLIST publishes their physical copies of kara no shoujo...and also sold them pretty damn well.

My guess is that MangaGamer didn't have the time/manpower to pick up Flowers yet since they've been burning through a pretty hefty back catalogue lately, including multiple other IG titles. And IG didn't want to wait for that.

Anyways, here's a review for Flowers, it's very, erm, comprehensive: https://goldensneer.wordpress.com/2014/05/25/flowers-le-volume-sur-printemps/

For Innocent Grey’s first yuri title, I have no doubt that they have done a marvelous job performing well and above what I expected of them. I expected GOKIGENYOU ONEE-SAMA~s aplenty borrowing heavily from Class S works with very little substance. A work that you would be tempted to write off as clumsily riding the yuri wave that seems to crashing through the anime industry these days. All cutsie ‘gay until graduation’ crap that appeals to a very specific audience. Instead, I found a relatively tender, almost solemn work which completely took me by surprise. The end left me feeling immensely moved, but it certainly wasn’t the first time I felt my heart stir through my all too short time reading it. FLOWERS is a romantic work with a touch of girlish whimsicality which I won’t be soon to forget.

TL;DR: The romance side of things is way better than expected, the plot side of things is a little bit weak. Still a good VN overall.

If you are a horrible person like me and want some comedy, check out Tulip Goddess Maria where she has her soul crushed for having the Flowers rug pulled out from under her... and then has to transition into shilling for JAST's other announcement because she translated it. https://twitter.com/tulipgoddess/with_replies I do feel bad for her.

Edit: Something that got lost in all of this, JAST said that Seinarukana will be a Fall release as well.

There is so much weird in this announcement and I'm expecting the rest of the week to have more zaniness...things often come in threes and with the announcement of muv-luv and Jast NTRing mangagamer, there needs to be one more big wtf moment for the week to end properly.

Oh for fuck's sake, JAST!

Right!? Seriously half of the websites they make we would never even see unless people go actively looking for them...we can't expect them to announce them, heaven forbid they actually try proper marketing strategies.

For those interested in Shiny Days JAST gave a 5-6 week ETA for it...we'll have to see if it meets usual last minute JAST shenanigans.

Seinarukana to ship this Fall,

Sumaga in editing (what does this really mean is it coming this year or is it in editing hell?)

Jast has plans to TL all 4 Flowers games (2 out in Japan) first one will be out this Fall...unless it gets pushed back.

Sonicomi coming "soon". (yep sure "soon" so we can expect it a year or two from now?)

Oh for fuck's sake, JAST!

On that note, I wanted to visit the JAST forums for the first time in ages... and I can't find em!

The old forums are still up, and there's a sticky thread from Peter titled "THIS FORUM IS GOING AWAY. PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW FORUMS.", but... I can't see the thread cause ALL threads fail to load and give error messages.

I go to the main site - there's no forums link.

I go to their tumblr - no forums link.

I google "JAST USA forums" - I get the link to the same old forums I've just been to.

This is hilarious.

Some final notes before I call it quits for the night: JAST also said that Seinarukana will release Fall 2015. Before the show, JAST implied that they will also have something to announce at Comic-Con next week, so fans of moege shouldn't give up just yet. This supposedly amazing home made jam from hand picked strawberries I just ate was watery and tasted like crap. SoniComi is already done with both translation and editing, and JAST is saying it will release "soon". I previously mentioned Maria translated it, she's pretty good. Ritobito was the editor and he's probably my favorite editor in the translation scene right now (worked on the Dangan Ronpa PSP fan patch). They're making it sound more ridiculous and funny than I expected and suddenly I'm actually looking forward to it when it sounded like a dud before. There's some interesting stuff happening with Muv-Luv right now including this veerrry interesting survey, where they make you choose between Rumbling Hearts/KimiNozo and the Muv-Luv side-stories and anime series. Brutal.  :holo:

I feel kinda bad for mangagamer a lot of their staff really seemed to want to do it. But I also wonder how it's going to affect the industy in the future now that the the commonly accepted rule of not licensing stuff from the other companies partners has been broken. Mangagamer doing nitro+ chiral titles in the future maybe?

4infinity.co is DEFINITELY going to end during Aksys' panel, so there is no "maybe" there. This is in a bit less than 10 hours at the time of this writing, by the way. Kotaro Uchikoshi's (of Infinity and Zero Escape fame) involvement is practically confirmed, and general expectation is that Zero Escape 3 will be announced.

As I think was mentioned earlier, Mangagamer was probably too confident in their partnership and gave priority to other stuff (Free Friends, etc) and IG just gave the license over to JAST.

That's actually more impactful than I realized at first because Flowers being an all-ages title, it's completely suited for a Steam release (contrary to Kara no Shoujo which would require quite some work to get there). That means 1) JAST is getting onto Steam too (might take them a year or two to figure out how it works though) 2) MG loses a title that has a lot of sales potential.

As I think was mentioned earlier, Mangagamer was probably too confident in their partnership and gave priority to other stuff (Free Friends, etc) and IG just gave the license over to JAST.

That's actually more impactful than I realized at first because Flowers being an all-ages title, it's completely suited for a Steam release (contrary to Kara no Shoujo which would require quite some work to get there). That means 1) JAST is getting onto Steam too (might take them a year or two to figure out how it works though) 2) MG loses a title that has a lot of sales potential.

I guess that Jast might have been able to get it out faster (ironically) compared to MG who wanted to finish their other IG titles once.

Except, you know, JAST already do Steam. Um, Littlewitch Romanesque?