Summer 2015 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Decide to watch the first epiosde of Charlotte with my mother.

Found it quite engaging personally, though my mother says it was a little weird ;-;  Definitely a contender for best of the season but it'll be nowhere near a landslide.  Though I haven't seen anything else from the season yet.

Aaaaaaaaand To Love-ru Darkness 2 is censored.

*flips desk*

I tried hoping for it, I knew the chance was small to begin with, but it's still sad.

The ecchi is pretty much 90% of what makes TLR so great, removing it really diminishes the experience.

Guess I'll wait until the blu-rays are out to watch this one. Though I'll likely be skimming around the episodes just because I want to see what they adapt.

Animation seems to have changed a lot or is it just me? Not sure if I like the new one, it looks... weird.

Well, regardless, even with the shitty censorship, first ep was still pretty lewd.

Now we wait for Nemesis to make her appearance!

Aaaaaaaaand To Love-ru Darkness 2 is censored.

*flips desk*

There goes all my plans to watch it.

Watched Classroom Crisis and Aoharu x Kikanjuu.

Aoharu x Kikanjuu's dl was fucked up, so I ended up just watching Classroom Crisis.

Classroom Crisis

• What can I say? I'm sold with sci-fi stuff. The art is good. I like how this is interplanetary stuff and shit already. Though I'm still questioning how the heck humans ended up being able to live in different planets. I guess it embodies our dreams, as Earth slowly rots away. Well, it'll probably be explained with 'in the near future, as technology advanced and we were able to adapt to the different environments found in the planets in our solar system'. What I'm wondering about the show is where it'll take its setting. Will it focus on the problems that humanity faces as they live in different planets? Will it focus on that A-something organization trying to remain standing on its own two feet after the problem appeared before them? Will the be fighting aliens or something? I hope it ends up being good and interesting. I have high hopes for this one.

Super Dragon Ball Ep1 Vegeta family trip next episode!!

Ushio and Tora Ep1 This and Charlotte are stand out for this season so far.

It was just about everything I hoped for. I am going to miss the old handdrawn style though. the digtial style is better in some respects but the coloring just doesnt looka s good to me.  I hope its not just Goku and Vegeta handling every fight.

the op was also amazing

Damn it, if this show continues to be as good as this opening episode, Jitsu wa Watashi wa might actually be a good rom-com. It does an awfully good job of building sympathy for the main heroine, Shiragami, and makes her to be a nice and affable character. It's pretty sad how she's the type to treasure social interaction, and yet has to keep her distance from others to keep her secret. The way the anime showcases her character is so refreshing; her reaction to Asahi wanting to be friends (lol, fail) was really nice. Only thing I'm worried about is how much Shiragami continues to develop due to this being a harem anime, but I get the feeling I won't be disappointed.

So far, Jitsu wa has had a stronger first impression on me than anything else this season.

Edit: Oh, and here's some screenshots of how adorable Shiragami is.

J8aCOexl.png

NxAS4Q9l.png

5WoT2cXl.png

Her seiyuu is surprisingly good too. o.o I haven't had the chance to hear Yuu Serizawa's voice that much in anime, but she pretty much nails it here.

Aaaand Monster Musume is censored too.

*flips desk*

Although they didn't go full TLR, they just turned the whole thing into PG fanservice so at least you don't have to deal with random light beams.

So yeah, if you want the real ecchi, read the manga, but if you're okay with downgraded fanservice, the anime so far is a pretty good adaptation, I really like the voice acting as well.

This series is pretty lewd overall, it's a shame it's not fully uncensored in its anime counterpart, but I think it can still provide some enjoyment and make people aware of how awesome monster girls are.

Only watch this is you're interested in copious amounts of fanservice and sexual innuendos, the series handles this pretty well, but if you're expecting something more in depth, you're looking at the wrong show.

Personally, I'd just advice people to read the original, the anime is not adding much of value to it, rather, it's removing stuff from it.

Aaaand Monster Musume is censored too.

Although they didn't go full TLR, they just turned the whole thing into PG fanservice.

So yeah, if you want the real ecchi, read the manga, but if you're okay with downgraded fanservice, the anime so far is a pretty good adaptation, I really like the voice acting.

Yeah, apart from the censorship it was pretty good. The charm is still there, MonMusu turned out to be way better than I expected.

And the OP&ED are rocking as well

So I watched a couple more yesterday.

Aoharu x Kikanjuu

• Well what can I say? I didn't think this show would turn out like this. Honestly, I liked the song in the OP, but the visuals didn't really catch my attention. Though I wouldn't go as far as saying that the art is bad. It's just that it seemed, well, lackluster for me. Though you can learn to love stuff, so I'll probably like this OP as time passes by. Besides, after watching the whole episode, the OP felt fitting for the show, at least. The ED's relaxing too. I didn't really like the first part, but it got better at the second part, where the action began. It's where everything is revealed. I'm excited to see how this show will turn out. If it doesn't turn out great, well, at least there's that girl in the OP that's supposedly good at handing guns. And the pink haired girl.

Freaking handsome dude too. Can make people gay.

76zt9lQ.jpg

Joukamachi no Dandelion

• Huh. Cute girls everywhere. I'm not even going to question how this family's alleles work anymore. How they each got their individual hair colors, I'll never know. But it's interesting how they all have special skills. Makes you curious what kind of powers the mother and father have. Still though, I don't have anything going for the show except the cute girls and the occasional laughs. Not to mention that Akane's decision to do something was too fast and sudden. Oh well. At least it'll make an entertaining watch. Looking forward to Akane's plans.

One part that I have to mention though is these censors. I haven't seen things like these in a while, and it's very much a tease. I-I wanted to see her white panties!

T2ergS3.jpg

Wakako-zake!

• I'm not even gonna bother.

Rokka no Yuusha

• Fantasy setting again. It's nice. I'm going in expecting another cliche setting anyway. Nobody said that cliche stuff can't be good, so I'll at least expect a good watch. Six heroes brought upon by the impending doom of the world, huh? Heck if I haven't even heard of a plot like that yet. Well, character designs are nice. Felt really, say, fantasy-like. It also felt very, say, Aztec-ish. Something like that. Not that it's a bad thing. It's a nice change of pace once in a while. I wanted to see something like this. Well, I'll be expecting something from this. I wonder how they'll wrap this up in one season.

Saint of Swords is cute. I'll probably continue watching just to see her too. She's very, very cute. Looking forward to meeting the other girl too. She's cute as well.

7FlN9zt.jpg

Damn there's still a lot to watch.

• Sore ga Seiyuu!

Another anime about the anime industry, in this case, voice acting.

It was fun, they seem to go in depth with the technical aspects of voice acting and the process behind dubbing which is pretty interesting.

Reminds me a lot of Shirobako but at the same time it's a lot more easygoing on the viewer and doesn't have a big overarching plot.

Cast of main characters is pretty small and the focus is clearly more on characterization.

Taking a look at the source material, this is actually a doujin 4koma manga written by a legitimate Seiyuu, that's pretty reassuring.

Also 10/10 Masako Nozawa homage.

Can't say it's anything stellar, but I thought the execution was nice and learning about Seiyuus is fun.

The slice of life fluff ws jusr the way I like it as well.

I would say if you just want a more slice of life show about the anime industry, this seems like a safe option.

Unrelated note: it's nice to see a character literally based all around strawberries after Ichigo left Aikatsu, kinda fills a void in my heart.

Fun fact: I'm allergic to strawberries.

Overlord was bad and everyone who likes it should feel bad

what a snoozer

In other news, holy shit Monster Musume! A monster girl ecchi show that is actually good? Sign me up!

I agree with you about Overlord. Everything just felt plain bad. What I watched felt a bit laggy too. But if it was bad quailty download or not I don't know.

But I am not too fond of skeletons. Pathetic monsters.

You know Gintama is entering its serious arc when the episode immediately starts with the OP without a comedic prologue.

Well damn, talk about the best episode for this season continuation to date.

I agree with you about Overlord. Everything just felt plain bad. What I watched felt a bit laggy too. But if it was bad quailty download or not I don't know.

But I am not too fond of skeletons. Pathetic monsters.

Meh, they skip stuff, LN is better because you can imagine the events without limited 3D cringy CGI budget XD

Inb4 this ninja girl joins Gintoki's harem :makina:

Gintama's OPs always bug me because I know whatever they show in it will never happen.  :sleep:

Gintama is always trolling you someway including misleading OP. Also the Ninja girl is kawaii~ though hopefully she's not part of the harem like Sogo's sadistic counterpart.

• Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan

​"Huh, this looks a bit like Mahou Sensou..."

*Checks info*

ko0ozJD.png

"Uhmmm.... Let me check what this studio has done before"

58103.jpg 64445.jpg 50439.jpg

.......... No....... Nooo...... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

CA3pYKb.gif

>Super nice generic and coolheaded personality-less protagonist

>Protagonist bumps into heroine while she's holding a toast in her mouth

>Heroine is a tsundere

>Protagonist ends up groping heroine's breasts

>Moves on to encounter second main heroine

>Gets mistaken as a pervert

>Proceeds to encounter third heroine because he somehow ended up in the girl's bathroom.

>Gets mistaken as a pervert for the 3rd time

>Protagonist ends up in charge of all the 3 girls he previously met (Who would have thought!)

>Not a single hint of setting exposition is made throughout the first episode

>Shitty excuses for ecchi all around

TL;DR Shitty generic harem ecchi show with copy&paste character tropes as heroines.

NOPE.JPG