Summer 2015 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

The manga's chapters felt quicker, probably because you're reading words and not sitting for 24 minutes watching events unfold, but also because I felt like the manga managed to keep the tension up at a constant pace whereas the anime to me feels like it kind of breaks the tension more often than it should and drags conversations for a long time to pad out the episodes which sometimes makes me yawn.

The anime is basically adapting 2 chapters per episode (with a few exceptions like ep 1 and ep 9), which is pretty standard, and this episode was chapter 19, so if they're not exactly skipping stuff, why does it feel way more padded out? In my opinion it's because they just break the tension so much, there's no sense of urgency for more than half of the series which makes me less interested.

So far the anime didn't really add anything as far as I can tell, and I don't have a huge problem with that, but I feel as though they've also given too much focus to a lot of plotless parts which contributes to it feeling dragged out.

That Megu-nee episode was part of a bonus chapter of the manga so it's not new either, but it was probably the best thing the anime did.

Outside of that, the anime really only picked up the pace during episode 10 which is way too late for most people to care.

Basically the anime just feels more hollow, it's not bad, but it's not adding anything of value either.

God, I must be watching waaay too much Gintama and Monogatari if extended conversations have stoped bothering me. I can see why they focused on extending conversations, saves allot of money on animating more exciting scenes. Now that I think about it, it now makes alot more sense why alot of Miki's backstory was scaled down.

God, I must be watching waaay too much Gintama and Monogatari if extended conversations have stoped bothering me. I can see why they focused on extending conversations, saves allot of money on animating more exciting scenes. Now that I think about it, it now makes alot more sense why alot of Miki's backstory was scaled down.

It finally happened in Prisma Ilya

Ko-Gil appeared

:bow:

I'm not sure about his voice though. Him calling others mongrels probably won't sound as awesome as usual. 

I actually can't believe they showed the handy Ilya gave him

:yumiko: .  It was a serious toss up of 50/50 as to whether they would do it or not.  Can't say I'm not glad they did, it was amazing  :wahaha:  

This Working episode made me explode with happiness. I almost have no regrets, now we only need Inami and Takanashi together.

Satou and Yachiyo were adorable though and I'm glad their subplot is finally solved after 3 seasons, let's just hope Satou doesn't die from stomach aches now.

Only two more episodes. This has by far been the best season of Working.

Charlotte Episode 11 It all falling down.

Illya siren.gif

Seriously, Charlotte has really sudden plot twists without any foreshadowing or warning.

Like 6 episodes of slice of life then 7th the Imouto dies and the actual plot starts.

Why did we need 5 episodes of irrelevant information? 1-2 would have sufficed. 

Plus the deaths are really sudden and random, so it's hard for me to feel sadness when it happens.

-rant over. 

Rokka no Yuusha has some insanely stupid character(s). 

Seriously, Charlotte has really sudden plot twists without any foreshadowing or warning.

Like 6 episodes of slice of life then 7th the Imouto dies and the actual plot starts.

Plus the deaths are really sudden and random, so it's hard for me to feel sadness when it happens.

-rant over. 

-rant over.

I'm fairly certain I said the same exact thing 5 weeks ago when people said there still wasn't any plot. It's the biggest reason I haven't even touched it. He failed at scripting this seriously hard.

I'm fairly certain I said the same exact thing 5 weeks ago when people said there still wasn't any plot. It's the biggest reason I haven't even touched it. He failed at scripting this seriously hard.

The plot armour is also very strong

Imouto just can't die. 

Actually the majority of  plot events have been centered around Ayumi. 

Maybe Ayumi is actually the MC...

Wouldn't this make it the reverse of Angel Beats then? No plot the suddenly plot vs plot then suddenly twist?

When I said Charlotte turned into AB, I meant it turned into an average show, not that they do the same thing.

Essentially a showcase of Jun Maeda's lack of writing abilities.

Either way both Charlotte and AB underperformed in their own stories so it doesn't really matter much.

I really had high hopes for Charlotte too. Mehh.

That was a mistake. I don't like Key for no reason. :sachi:

Considering they made such a huge deal out of it (I still remember when the announcement for the announcement of this was announced :makina:) because it was Key's anniversary and whatnot, you'd think they were up to something.

And to be fair, Charlotte is topping the rankings in Japan, usually always in the top 5.

To me though it just feels like Key played it really safe and didn't really do anything very interesting with its premise.

Considering they made such a huge deal out of it (I still remember when the announcement for the announcement of this was announced :makina:) because it was Key's anniversary and whatnot, you'd think they were up to something.

And to be fair, Charlotte is topping the rankings in Japan, usually always in the top 5.

To me though it just feels like Key played it really safe and didn't really do anything very interesting with its premise.

Topping the charts in Japan usually means that it is maximum pandering.  All of the really interesting stuff is usually found in the middle.