Summer 2015 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Rokka continues to be one of the best mystery shows I've seen in a long time

I've been suspecting Nachetanya from the beginning, she's so manipulative and Goldov is so infatuated with her he'd basically follow her blindly at this point anyways

Charlotte Episode 9 

Time travel and stuff. I guess this means the sister will come back, oh no. 

No offense but while the time travel wasn't super obvious it was very clear that the sister would be coming back considering how little time the show spent on her death (we didn't even see a funeral, c'mon)

Rokka continues to be one of the best mystery shows I've seen in a long time

I've been suspecting Nachetanya from the beginning, she's so manipulative and Goldov is so infatuated with her he'd basically follow her blindly at this point anyways

I have suspected Maura since the begining, but I must admit the latest episode has started making me wary of Nachetanya. I'm not sure if it was her facial expressions during this episode, or how she's indeed quite manipulative and benefits from all this awful mess with Adler being considered the 7th. It would be such a mind-blowing plot twist, too.

Also, damn Diamond no Ace being Diamond no Ace. So much le sigh at the end.

I have suspected Maura since the begining, but I must admit the latest episode has started making me wary of Nachetanya. I'm not sure if it was her facial expressions during this episode, or how she's indeed quite manipulative and benefits from all this awful mess with Adler being considered the 7th. It would be such a mind-blowing plot twist, too.

I think it's indeed between Maura and Nachetanya at this point since Maura's powers have yet to be explained, she could have been capable of activating the shield and get out unchecked for all we know. Nachetanya has been manipulating Adlet and Goldov for a long time though which would make sense for the 7th, or else it is a LOT of time wasted on a red herring :michiru:. Nachetanya has been playing the role of the spoiled and naïve princess for who knows how long and it's clear that's not who she really is.

As for the others:

Adlet: Innocent, no reason to be the 7th

Flamie: Same, she would have killed Adlet and the others while she had the chance if she was the 7th

Hans: Could have killed Maura a long time ago, could have easily killed Adlet as well in their standoff but didn't so I think he's innocent

Chamot: Innocent, she's just a little kid that gets bored really fast I guess

Goldov: Lord friendzone... Could go one way or the other but him being the 7th would be pretty lame imo

I think it's indeed between Maura and Nachetanya at this point since Maura's powers have yet to be explained, she could have been capable of activating the shield and get out unchecked for all we know. Nachetanya has been manipulating Adlet and Goldov for a long time though which would make sense for the 7th, or else it is a LOT of time wasted on a red herring :michiru:. Nachetanya has been playing the role of the spoiled and naïve princess for who knows how long and it's clear that's not who she really is.

As for the others:

Adlet: Innocent, no reason to be the 7th

Flamie: Same, she would have killed Adlet and the others while she had the chance if she was the 7th

Hans: Could have killed Maura a long time ago, could have easily killed Adlet as well in their standoff but didn't so I think he's innocent

Chamot: Innocent, she's just a little kid that gets bored really fast I guess

Goldov: Lord friendzone... Could go one way or the other but him being the 7th would be pretty lame imo

For Maura, I think it's mostly because of the theory that Adlet explained, about the fake hero activating the shield, and she's the one with most knowledge about the temple and its barrier. Furthermore, Flamie has already explained that the fiends are not one united block, so the 7th could be working with the fiends or some experiment (like how Flamie was created) all for the sake of trapping the heroes when they finally got called. In the end, we have already seen that the fiends were really prepared. One transformed into a woman to trick Adlet, smth that no normal fiend can do.

For Maura, I think it's mostly because of the theory that Adlet explained, about the fake hero activating the shield, and she's the one with most knowledge about the temple and its barrier. Furthermore, Flamie has already explained that the fiends are not one united block, so the 7th could be working with the fiends or some experiment (like how Flamie was created) all for the sake of trapping the heroes when they finally got called. In the end, we have already seen that the fiends were really prepared. One transformed into a woman to trick Adlet, smth that no normal fiend can do.

If that's the case then it'd probably be Maura since Nachetanya has spent most of her life in a golden cage, basically

I'll have to agree that it's Maura.

Execept the stuff already mentioned I'd like to mention the fact that Maura has been very particular of accusing Adlet as the 7th, she was trying to push Flamie against Adlet, and in the last ep she didn't even consider Han's opinion and just tried to manipulate him against Adlet, every other character was shown to be confused about the 7th's identity except Maura who is dead-set on Adlet.

And then there is the thing about Adlet's village. Now I doubt that the village chief would have decided that the Rokka were gonna fail if it wasn't something major. The all-heavens temple's head being a traitor is pretty damn major.

Mind explaining to me why everyone is automatically assuming the 7th to be a enemy?

There is no proof that the 7th is an anemy nor is there any proof that he is not.

There is also no proof against the fact that it could still b possible for there to be 7 heroes.

Mind explaining to me why everyone is automatically assuming the 7th to be a enemy?

There is no proof that the 7th is an anemy nor is there any proof that he is not.

There is also no proof against the fact that it could still b possible for there to be 7 heroes.

Probably cuz this is an obvious alteration of the "pact" with the goddess, and through Flamie we know that the fiends have been trying to interfere with this for a long time. Why did the fiends try to fool Adlet into opening the temple and all that super plot? Unless one of the people in the group is an agent who's working to destroy the group, it doesn't make much sense.

There's no proof against the fact they could be 7, but there's also nothing supporting it. And considering every single time it has been 6 heroes, well, the odds pretty much work in favour of it being 6. It's a pretty weird mindset to throw around that maybe the 7 are good, out of nowhere. Unless you have read the novels and know smth, there's not any real basis for such speculation.

I used to think that myself, that there are 7 heroes. But seeing as how the lore is very specific, the involvement of fiends and the fact that everyone completely dismissed that idea in the show - it's very unlikely to be the case.

Well you can say that it could be a plot twist or something but then that would be very anti-climatic. So I'd say it's safe to discard that possibility.

Prisma Ilya...

HNNNNG...  You know when they play plot through the end credits that shit is about to go down.  Time for some Super Action Lolis 

Seriously, spoilers.

And some Ko-Gil

As for GATE, we get to see more political backdooring, and it also completely reminded me about how Itami knew the current Minister of Defense.

Just because they explained it doesn't mean it isn't something that only happens when all the planets are aligned, and that's kind of how they make it sound in the anime as well.

I mean, sure, you could technically end up where he's at, just like I can technically one day marry some celebrity, but come on...

And I'm not saying I dislike the character or anything, he's pretty cool if I daresay so myself, even refreshing considering how these types of show usually go, but his background basically made me react the same way the other woman in his squad reacted.

Really lends some explanation against the implausibility of his character.

I'm not sure what's so implausible about Itami. We should remember that all we know about his skills and abilities are mostly guesses, since he hasn't needed to do that much. The only time he does smth on the brink of the moment is at the very begining, when he EASILY reduces an enemy soldier in an instant. If that's not some good fighting skills, I don't know what it is.

This is no otaku glorification. It's a badass dude who also happens to be an otaku, they are not mutually exclussive. The reaction of the woman in his squad actually examplifies this very well. She doesn't know crap about him except that he's an otaku (and a pretty good person), yet her immediate thought train is that this is all impossible and must be a joke, that some otaku is actually a capable human being instead of some lazy trash.

Furthermore, the minister actually mentions that how can he not be safe when he's with the strongest bodyguard in the world. That last part being an obvious exaggeration, it still didn't seem like he was mocking him because "he's actually worthless as a soldier", but that he does know that Itami packs a punch when needed. This, coupled with various more mentions and scenes, actually give us more prove of him being a strong soldier, rather than useless.

In the same way that otaku glorification is absurd and stupid, so is to suppose that Itami doesn't deserve the titles he has and that it's probably some cheap plot device, only because he's an otaku.

An entire Gakkou Gurashi filler episode this late in the game is extremely disappointing.

I thought maybe the second half would have some plot but nope, outside of those last 20 seconds there was absolutely nothing in this episode, just fanservice.

I guess I had too many expectations for this adaptation.

Rokka's episode 9 has convinced me that, despite common sense would tell us to look at Moura, I'm actually really sure that it's Nachetanya. First I thought she was just a pansy princess, but if if you think about it, the immediate fight after her first one, she already completely controls her way around the field, and the same at the confrontation against Flamie. She's the one who rescues Adlet from the prison, securing his trust, and Goldov is obviously gonna trust her no matter what. That, coupled with how there are many people way more suspicious than her... makes it perfect.

I'm not sure how she has done it or why, but I'm kinda 99% it's her. The random mood swing was also really contradictory. She would go to such lenghts to save Adlet, but a random announcement from Moura about Adlet hurming Hans makes her go bat-shit crazy? Adlet could had hurt Hans defending himself, since Nachetanya was already suspecting Hans of being the 7th, or the announcement from Moura could had simply been fake. Yet she immediately switches and creates a belivable excuse to turn on Adlet.

Mark my words, this bunny is up to no good.

Okay, Gate just took a 180 on the nearly bloodless approach.

I admit i did not see that one coming.

Kind of felt like the realized half way through the series that going bloodless on a series like this might not be such a good idea.

Pity they didn't include the bath scene with Itami - Rory after she defeats the agents. And no, it's not a fan service scene, it's actually cuz it furthers a bit more the bond they have.

Shimoneta ep 9: What the fuuuuuuck. Gross. I want more silly Anna action dammit.

Rokka ep 9: Hans, you are sooooo useless oh my god. Nachetanya is finally revealed to be the head bitch. Maura sucks at fighting. I hope that Goldov actually DOES something next episode because he might as well not be present in this show. FlamiexAdlet confirmed. Can't wait for next week!

Shimoneta ep 9: What the fuuuuuuck. Gross. I want more silly Anna action dammit.

Rokka ep 9: Hans, you are sooooo useless oh my god. Nachetanya is finally revealed to be the head bitch. Maura sucks at fighting. I hope that Goldov actually DOES something next episode because he might as well not be present in this show. FlamiexAdlet confirmed. Can't wait for next week!

Seems like Gakkou Gurashi finally hit the turning point... 10 episodes in.

Well, aside from the insane drag the series was put through, this is where we'll know if they'll change the ending to make it really depressing or go the open ending/sequel route.

I don't know if keeping Taroumaru alive this whole time really paid off but it was alright I guess.

Seems like Gakkou Gurashi finally hit the turning point... 10 episodes in.

Well, aside from the insane drag the series was put through, this is where we'll know if they'll change the ending to make it really depressing or go the open ending/sequel route.

I don't know if keeping Taroumaru alive this whole time really paid off but it was alright I guess.