Clothing Preferences in 2D Animation

OriginalRen

So I thought it would be interesting to make a thread where people are allowed to post their favorite style of clothing on characters in the 2D Japanese animation world. We always talk about hairstyles, eye color, and the like, but I have never seen what it is about clothing styles that attracts people to certain characters.

For me, clothing is the biggest component when it comes to whether or not I really like a character's appearance in an anime, manga, or visual novel. Clothing says a lot about a person, and while most Japanese shows or visual novels focus on the school aspect (in other words, uniforms 24/7), it is definitely refreshing to see a change into a person's casual outfits. Take for example Little Busters. Haruka is my favorite character in the series, yet her "casual" outfit that was shown in the VN was a major...well, it was interesting, I will leave it at that.

So I ask you, what are your preferences? Be it a guy or a girl, post what kinds of clothing work well for you. Don't forget to include images!

For me, I have finally established that hoodies are a favorite piece of clothing for me when it come to how a girl looks. I absolutely love over-sized hoodies, with or without animal ears. That paired with a skirt is a fantastic combo, hence the reason my mascots on my profile page (mainly Nonon) has a skirt and jacket styled hoodie. I guess there's something about a girl being naked in an over-sized hoodie that makes me want to cuddle together, who knows.

Anyways, some pictures:

9Znb739.jpg

This is a pretty good example of what I like. Striped thigh highs+ruffled skirt+hoodie+cute bag is a combination to die for. 

127d5c8d031077c60ca3b340b790ca01.jpg

Another thing I like that's really specific is when they have long shirts over short shorts/skirts, so that the bottoms are barely poking out. Bonus if they have thigh highs with that.  Teeku

This is technically a school uniform, but it's the best example I could find.

Gaso7wo.png

I like Tall Collars. I also like glasses. This is a good example of what I like (but I want a taller collar):

tumblr_na644h8RWQ1tdltjjo7_500.png

I also like partially covered faces. Be it a coughing mask or a hood:

47.jpg

Trench coats or long jackets are good. Especially those which move in the wind or as a character moves. This includes labcoats for the same reasons.

Tohsaka_Rin_Jacket.png

A certain type of cravat is wonderful:

21239.jpg

Beret's are awesome. So are most kinds of hats.

20222.jpgRyunnosuke.png

Typically, something tied around the neckcan only make things better. An extra piece of clothing, but not a jacket. A Scarf. A Cape (is that how they are called?)

11742.jpg

Military uniforms of any kind are my favourites.

There's probably more stuff, but this was all I could be bothered to search for.