Muv Luv: A Pretty Sweet Visual Novel Series Kickstarter [MILLION DOLLAR BABY]

Down

Oh, and they're doing a poll for preferred term for the pilots(Eishi, Pilot, TSF Pilot or Surface Pilot) and for best girl.

'Kay guys... this bothers me.

abb14ad892.png

Red is Meiya. Blue is Sumika.

Wat. My eyes. They burn.

This bothers me way more than it should.

Who the FUCK messes up a color scheme that bad?

'Kay guys... this bothers me.

abb14ad892.png

Red is Meiya. Blue is Sumika.

Wat. My eyes. They burn.

This bothers me way more than it should.

Who the FUCK messes up a color scheme that bad?

it bothers you the color but not that sumika is losing? get your priorities straight! :P

I see the preferred translated term for Eishi is ... to leave it in Japanese. Good job people  :rolleyes:

Well, there is kinda of an in-game reason for leaving it as it is.

In one of her first lectures in Unlimited, Marimo tells the class something like: "Take note that TSF pilots are called "Eishis" in Japan. We will be using the Japanese term hereafter in order to avoid confusion"

I see the preferred translated term for Eishi is ... to leave it in Japanese. Good job people  :rolleyes:

Most people chose that because it's what is used in the translation, so naturally they'll chose what they're used to seeing. That aside, leaving in Japanese words for no reason isn't something you should be encouraging to begin with. That and Eishi is actually an in-game translation for the english TSF Pilot. 

After they made that first tweet, dovac posted on reddit about how it was a bad idea to be so open about having an 18+ version before the kickstarter concludes. Kickstarter really doesn't like erotic content on their site. This may be them just covering their tracks so they don't get on kickstarter's bad side.

Actually, I'm pretty optimistic here.  My big takeaway from the responses on Twitter and Tumblr so far is that they are paying attention to the community, and are trying to put out a product that we want.  Hell, they're responding positively to requests for a DRM-free release already.  That's pretty big on it's own.  I think it's a pretty safe bet that we'll be getting the uncut versions once the dust has cleared.

Most people chose that because it's what is used in the translation, so naturally they'll chose what they're used to seeing. That aside, leaving in Japanese words for no reason isn't something you should be encouraging to begin with. That and Eishi is actually an in-game translation for the english TSF Pilot. 

Are you sure that's what was used? I don't recall seeing the text say "eishi" much (or at all) after the scenes where the whole deal with TSFs is introduced. Didn't the fanTL use "TSF pilot"?

Are you sure that's what was used? I don't recall seeing the text say "eishi" much (or at all) after the scenes where the whole deal with TSFs is introduced. Didn't the fanTL use "TSF pilot"?

OgnO1hd.png

More News:

Considering re-recording VA for MLA intro to replace the Engrish

I and others suggested to them that if they do this, they need to make it optional for those that may want the original unintentionally hilarious intro.

Is this a good thing? Haven't read it yet.

My Japanese knowledge is limited to Kana and basic grammar, but I'd say it's pretty good. Lots of repetition in Takeru's internal monologues, though that could just be the original script. Regardless, it's a localization; it should be reworded if awkward.

I wonder more about whether or not they'll redo the VA for the English voiced dialog in Alternative. It's hilariously broken; Zero Wing style.