Muv Luv: A Pretty Sweet Visual Novel Series Kickstarter [MILLION DOLLAR BABY]

Down

Could not back more then 90$, that's my limit. Shame, I would really love to have that complete edition with artbook and other extras. Glad this got attention it deserved. Hopefully this does so good so that we get more franchise brought over officially. I really want Total Eclipse.

Who cares what people think? In fact you might even get complimented. I have a winter jacket thats suppose to resemble Akatsuki cloak worn in Naruto series and I got it in 1 of the anime conventions I went to and I get some nerdy guys tell me that it's awesome.

I wear a Kamen Rider Fang Joker Hoodie a lot during the winter, complimented on it a lot..but I think it's mostly because it's unusual in being half/half. With the jacket, you can't really tell much where it's from unless you actually know Muv Luv, so I don't think it'd be an issue if you're that worried about it.

I just want the Photon series to be translated, could care less about everything else.

Not sure if it's been noted yet, but the Codex stretch goal has almost been reached.  Unfortunately:

With everyone's efforts in unlocking the goal, it will be available for free for people pledging for the campaign 150$ and above!

It'll cost most backers extra.  The stretch goal items will be available in BackerKit, according to the FAQ.

Edited by sanahtlig

Not sure if it's been noted yet, but the Codex stretch goal has almost been reached.  Unfortunately:

With everyone's efforts in unlocking the goal, it will be available for free for people pledging for the campaign 150$ and above!

It'll cost most backers extra.  The stretch goal items will be available in BackerKit, according to the FAQ.

Actually, factoring in the lower tiers that would likely be putting add-ons to their original backing tier, a little over half of the backers will be able to access the Codex.

Actually, factoring in the lower tiers that would likely be putting add-ons to their original backing tier, a little over half of the backers will be able to access the Codex.

That's insane.  You're triggering my risk aversion.  "If the majority of backers have chosen a different tier, the tier I chose is not the value I thought it was.  Since I'm certain the $150 tier is a poor value, this suggests that value-seekers are not funding this campaign." 

Edited by sanahtlig

That's insane.  You're triggering my risk aversion.  "If the majority of backers have chosen a different tier, the tier I chose is not the value I thought it was.  Since I'm certain the $150 tier is a poor value, this suggests that value-seekers are not funding this campaign." 

Well people who back kickstarters are hardly in it to save money. They either back a kickstarter because they are part of a rabid fanatical fanbase or because they are easily impressed by impossible promises. If someone really wanted the muvluv trillogy and to save money, they would simply wait untill it is on sale on steam for 75% off. The people backing the kickstarter now, are either mindless fanboys or collectors.

Edited by Soulless Watcher

They just added the Vita physical ver. on KS.  It's either $80 or the $150 Collector edition.  Now I gotta decide if I want the Vita or PC physical.

With the addition of Vita physical copies, I'm sold. Personally I'd much rather play visual novels on the vita due to its portability. 

PC is slowly turning into portable. I recently bought a Samsung ATIV tablet PC and thats how I read my visual novels on the go (reading Princess Evangile on it atm). Youre kinda limiting yourself by being portable AND small on the vita. Visual novel heroines and Waifus deserve a bigger screen than that.... 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Well people who back kickstarters are hardly in it to save money. They either back a kickstarter because they are part of a rabid fanatical fanbase or because they are easily impressed by impossible promises. If someone really wanted the muvluv trillogy and to save money, they would simply wait untill it is on sale on steam for 75% off. The people backing the kickstarter now, are either mindless fanboys or collectors.

I'm going to justify my $60 pledge by saying I'm supporting the use of Kickstarter while promising an official ero patch, which remains a novel initiative at this point.  If they had gone the Sekai Project route ("we are unable to comment at this time") I'd have held back.

I'm going to justify my $60 pledge by saying I'm supporting the use of Kickstarter while promising an official ero patch, which remains a novel initiative at this point.  If they had gone the Sekai Project route ("we are unable to comment at this time") I'd have held back.

I still wonder what ever the hell happened there, I was under the impression that they were having issues negotiating with Front Wing in regards to the +18 version. However, everyone and their mother blames Sekai Project. Did I miss something?

It feels like if they are caught mentioning about 18+ version, that they would be killed on the spot. Not sure if they are trying to hide something or embarrassed to say anything... Always been wary of SP like this...

Edited by CeruleanGamer

It feels like if they are caught mentioning about 18+ version, that they would be killed on the spot. Not sure if they are trying to hide something or embarrassed to say anything... Always been wary of SP like this...

Granted I have a horrible memory, but didn't they initially push for some kind of patch for the 18+ version? Front Wing than told them no, because common business practices in Japan treat the two versions as completely different products. Then of course they couldn't mention anything about the 18+ version on kickstarter, especially after the dakimakura debacle.

it's fine not to mention it on kickstarter but if their facebook/twitter is blantantly ignoring questions and comments regarding the 18+ version when a good portion of your fanbase wants to know, then youre kinda like "Eh? Are they gonna deliver it or not?"

Last time I checked Facebook and Twitter dont have strict laws like kickstarter and it's fine to mention it as long as youre not showing genitals or inappropriate visual content or anything.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Sekai Project policy is to not talk about ero matters while a Kickstarter is planned or ongoing.  Dovac implied so himself on Reddit before he deleted/hid his account.  It's not solely a FrontWing matter.  It's their policy for all releases.  It's why you haven't heard a peep about 18+ versions from them for their multiple upcoming titles from various developers with 18+ releases.

Given that Age/Degica and XERO/MiKandi Japan are being more or less upfront about ero matters for their Kickstarter campaigns, it's clearly a subjective decision on Sekai Project's part.  They could be more open if they wanted to, but they've decided not to be to maintain a "clean" brand image or some such.  Or perhaps they've decided that they've already earned the trust of the fanbase, and further transparency is unnecessary (whereas Degica and MiKandi Japan have to make such promises openly in order to secure support from the hardcore fans).

Edited by sanahtlig

They just added the Vita physical ver. on KS.  It's either $80 or the $150 Collector edition.  Now I gotta decide if I want the Vita or PC physical.

With the addition of Vita physical copies, I'm sold. Personally I'd much rather play visual novels on the vita due to its portability. 

PC is slowly turning into portable. I recently bought a Samsung ATIV tablet PC and thats how I read my visual novels on the go (reading Princess Evangile on it atm). Youre kinda limiting yourself by being portable AND small on the vita. Visual novel heroines and Waifus deserve a bigger screen than that.... 

I actually wanted the physical Vita ver. just for my collection.  Since they are giving a digital ver. of both the PC and Vita I doubt I'm gonna be opening it.

Edited by vinnces

I actually wanted the physical Vita ver. just for my collection.  Since they are giving a digital ver. of both the PC and Vita I doubt I'm gonna be opening it.

Most of my PS3/PS4 games ended up that way and I had Steam/Playstation store digital versions of them instead. Same with most of my visual novels. They just ended up on my shelves unopened. When I have kids of my own, I'm gonna show them this and be like, "Hun, thats your where your mom wasted her money on when she was young. Sorry that youre not going to a better school." 

Edited by CeruleanGamer