Muv Luv: A Pretty Sweet Visual Novel Series Kickstarter [MILLION DOLLAR BABY]

Down

Honestly, from a business point of view, I see why they don't want to publish the patch. I mean, the difference between versions, from what I understand, would include only one extra scene and several uncensored CGs. And don't think many people who haven't backed the Kickstarter care about these scenes enough to actually get the patch if it's not free, so it's just a loss of money for the publisher. (And people who care about H-scenes, most likely, already gave them their money, so who cares about these people now, right?:yumiko:)

It still feels just an extremely rude thing to do to the backers. Also, you may disagree with me, but I honestly think that MLA is a rare VN where H-scenes actually matter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/posts/1966224

Things has been clarified, it was just bad PRing as I suspected. You better expect a huuuuge wait, though, the will satrt working on the pach only after vita and android port and all the other KS stuff (codex, etc.).

It is strange, yeah. But, for some reason, it takes AGES. It's the same for other games that has to port H back in. Dies Irae, the Grisaia franchise etc.

It takes months and months just to port it back. I have no idea why, but it's either really hard or extremely time consuming. Which sucks, seeing as the H version is the original, so it coming out months after the censored version is a bit... ehe.

But, oh well, I'm at least glad they are doing it after all. A long wait is at least better than nothing. (Waiting still sucks, though.)

12 minutes ago, Mkilbride said:

I just don't get why it takes so long. It already edxisted, they removed them, but they existed. It should be as simple as unremoving them. 

They never removed anything, I don't remember if they worked on the PC all ages ed. or they backported the PS3 port, both are different than the original PC release (diferent scenes and various tweaks) and is not that easy to insert additional content into them.

Edited by WinterfuryZX

Thankfully it seems they simply misspoke...so that's good. They are doing a patch for it but it's near last on their priority...they seem to definitely be emphasizing the vita though likely because it's going defunct real soon.

And that's fine.  As long as it's coming, it being last on the priority list isn't really a problem.  (If it is only one scene, it probably doesn't matter all that much anyway; but it certainly would matter if they just said "screw it" and bailed after having said that wouldn't happen.)

• 4 weeks later...

Just hope it doesn't take 6 months like the last H-Patch did for Muv Luv itself. Granted, Alt has a lot less sex scenes, so I suppose it should take less time...

Still though. For a project that had such a huge Kickstarter of a game that was completed in 2003 / 2006.  I still hate how the new engine scales images so poorly...it's honestly impossible to play it in fullscreen without it looking like shit, which for some reason it does NOT in the original. 

• 4 months later...

Sure sounds to me like what happened is Ixtl signed a contract that turned out to have some hidden catches in it, one of those catches being that Degica won't simply hand over the Steam app to them.

I will also note that if Ixtl was happy with the way things had turned out, that contract likely would have been renewed.  But beyond that, we don't know, and likely never will.

Yeah I dunno why they're being so obtuse about it. SPEAK PLAINLY AND CLEARLY!

Someone on the forums from them say they'll provide us with the "new AppIds" which doesn't make sense.

Just give owners of the game the new version, like every other release in history on Steam.  I dunno why we have to "contact" them to get the new one instead of it automatically being added to your account.

Edited by Mkilbride

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a weird FYI here for people. Original Muv-Luv copies on Steam; not the new Kickstarter keys are worth MONEY. I'm trying to trade away my new one(yeah yeah), on websites and I get a LOT of responses - for the original version. Seems collectors on Steam who try to collect EVERY game are interested greatly in it, as it's another one of those games that just can't be gotten anymore.

So if anyone here still has theirs from years ago for some reason - look into that.

On 19/3/2018 at 8:38 AM, Mkilbride said:

Just a weird FYI here for people. Original Muv-Luv copies on Steam; not the new Kickstarter keys are worth MONEY. I'm trying to trade away my new one(yeah yeah), on websites and I get a LOT of responses - for the original version. Seems collectors on Steam who try to collect EVERY game are interested greatly in it, as it's another one of those games that just can't be gotten anymore.

So if anyone here still has theirs from years ago for some reason - look into that.

I still have the old keys, I never claimed the games, I'll look into it.

• 2 months later...

The 18+ patch for alternative has been confirmed for a June release! I also tweeted them asking if they'd consider putting a discount on the game when the patch comes out for the people who have been waiting, and they said they'd look into it. 

So yeah, good news for us who have been waiting for the patch. 

3 hours ago, Dergonu said:

The 18+ patch for alternative has been confirmed for a June release! I also tweeted them asking if they'd consider putting a discount on the game when the patch comes out for the people who have been waiting, and they said they'd look into it. 

So yeah, good news for us who have been waiting for the patch. 

Yaaay... I'll be munching on some twizzlers meanwhile... :chaika:

• 1 year later...