Muv Luv: A Pretty Sweet Visual Novel Series Kickstarter [MILLION DOLLAR BABY]

Down

7 hours ago, Decay said:

If you care about script quality at all, which you probably should if you're reading such a story-heavy game like Alternative, just be patient and wait for the better translation. I absolutely cannot fathom people wanting to read the FanTL at this point.

I would quite honestly read a version with a lower quality TL than a version with cut content.

I'm just not very interested in supporting a company that shows so little interest in bringing the original version over. Might end up reading the Japanese instead though, if the TL really is terrible, like I'm doing with ChuSinGura atm.

18 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

I would quite honestly read a version with a lower quality TL than a version with cut content.

I'm just not very interested in supporting a company that shows so little interest in bringing the original version over. Might end up reading the Japanese instead though, if the TL really is terrible, like I'm doing with ChuSinGura atm.

Have you ever read any of ixrec's TLs?  They have a certain, odd style of writing that, to me, is extremely irritating, in addition to being so literal they sometimes miss the original meaning of the sentence entirely.  I have nothing against the guy, but I can't read his TLs anymore, they just annoy me.

I think you're overreacting a bit.  They are bringing the original version over.  I think they want to focus more on the translation of Alternative, the Codex, the Photons and the Vita ports than going from Alternative directly to the 18+ patch.  I'm assuming that it'll still be worked on on the side while they're doing those things, as I can't see them taking over a year to put the patch out.  If you feel that strongly about it, try telling them so, and if you have to read a different version of the game, please don't read ixrec's TL.  There's a reason they hired a bunch of people to fix it.

12 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

Have you ever read any of ixrec's TLs?  They have a certain, odd style of writing that, to me, is extremely irritating, in addition to being so literal they sometimes miss the original meaning of the sentence entirely.  I haven nothing against the guy, but I can't read his TLs anymore, they just annoy me.

I think you're overreacting a bit.  They are bringing the original version over.  I think they want to focus more on the translation of Alternative, the Codex, the Photons and the Vita ports than going from Alternative directly to the 18+ patch.  I'm assuming that it'll still be worked on on the side while they're doing those things, as I can't see them taking over a year to put the patch out.  If you feel that strongly about it, try telling them so, and if you have to read a different version of the game, please don't read ixrec's TL.  There's a reason they hired a bunch of people to fix it.

Well, I did try telling them through tweeting and making a thread on their forum, but both has been utterly ignored.

Funny thing is, after tweeting them about something else, that tweet was answered instantly.

Also, based on the time it has taken to get this patch out, I would imagine that would warrant some serious advertisement of it or something, but they have barely even mentioned it. It got a tiny, tiny little spot on the newest kickstarter update, which is still dominated by other information. And the only thread they made about it on their own forum was made because people appreantly had issues using the patch, and they had to explain how it works.

There is also the extremely strange name of the thing, "Director's cut patch?" They speak as if it isn't actually the original conent, but some weird extra stuff that makes the game a bit different.

Idk, their whole attitude towards the original content feels like they just don't really care much for it, and just give it to fans because they think not doing it would impact their sales. Just having the info there on their campaign, "we WILL do the 18+ content!" makes more people back probably. Of course, people had no idea it would take them over 4 months to deliver just the first patch.

Saying they will now put less priority on the content was it for me. Overall, I'm just not very pleased with their attitude towards the 18+ content, and would not really want to support such a company any further. Perhaps if they change their attitude about it later on, I'll reconsider.

Here is the thread I made on their forum a bit back about this by the way:

http://community.muvluv.moe/index.php?/topic/668-question-about-priorities/#comment-8367

17 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Well, I did try telling them through tweeting and making a thread on their forum, but both has been utterly ignored.

Funny thing is, after tweeting them about something else, that tweet was answered instantly.

Fair enough.  I get why they're not replying, but that is really irritating.

17 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Also, based on the time it has taken to get this patch out, I would imagine that would warrant some serious advertisement of it or something, but they have barely even mentioned it. It got a tiny, tiny little spot on the newest kickstarter update, which is still dominated by other information. And the only thread they made about it on their own forum was made because people appreantly had issues using the patch, and they had to explain how it works.

They also tweeted about it, and made a Steam thread for it.  I don't know what else they really can do to advertise it.  Most VN translation companies have terrible PR, so I'm not too surprised.  If you aren't actively looking for it, you probably won't see any of it.

21 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

There is also the extremely strange name of the thing, "Director's cut patch?" They speak as if it isn't actually the original conent, but some weird extra stuff that makes the game a bit different.

I think they chose that name specifically to avoid suspicion during the Kickstarter campaign.  AFAIK, it was always called the "Director's Cut patch".  I personally don't give a crap what they name it as long as it patches the h-scenes and gore back in.

25 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Idk, their whole attitude towards the original content feels like they just don't really care much for it, and just give it to fans because they think not doing it would impact their sales. Just having the info there on their campaign, "we WILL do the 18+ content!" makes more people back probably. Of course, people had no idea it would take them over 4 months to deliver just the first patch.

Saying they will now put less priority on the content was it for me. Overall, I'm just not very pleased with their attitude towards the 18+ content, and would not really want to support such a company any further. Perhaps if they change their attitude about it later on, I'll reconsider.

Once again, fair enough.  I never felt that they were on the AkabeiSoft2 level of not giving a crap about the h-scenes, but that's just what I saw.

6 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

They also tweeted about it, and made a Steam thread for it.  I don't know what else they really can do to advertise it.  Most VN translation companies have terrible PR, so I'm not too surprised.  If you aren't actively looking for it, you probably won't see any of it.

I think they chose that name specifically to avoid suspicion during the Kickstarter campaign.  AFAIK, it was always called the "Director's Cut patch".  I personally don't give a crap what they name it as long as it patches the h-scenes and gore back in.

True, I guess there isn't much more they can do on the PR front. I was personally expecting them to make a bit more of a bigger deal around the fact that the game is finally uncesnored. 

Hmm, if they tried to avoid the ban hammer from Kickstarter, I guess the name makes sense. I mean, I don't care about the name either, but the way it was named made it look like they didn't even know wtf it was. But yeah, if it's to avoid kickstarter bans, that's something I suppose.

I'll keep an eye out on their twitter and their forum, in case they do change their approach to this, explain their strange tweet about the lower priority etc. But, unless they do any changes I'll probably just read the Japanese game and refrain from buying their releases after this patch. (Perhaps I'll specifically purchase the patch for MLA as a statement, but not the steam game. :P )

Seeing the negative talk about the fan TL, I'll most likely read the Japanese game with no patch though, and not the fan TLed version.

14 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

The "Director's Cut" patch is live.  You need your backerkit link if you want to download it, so either search through your email or send them an email if you deleted it or can't find it, or you can alternatively use this link if you remember what email you used for the campaign.  You can also buy it on Denpasoft (NSFW) if you didn't back the campaign.

5b90f4119074c5897251b1826037e881_origina

Man, that chick... :o

Where's she from? Schwarzesmarken right?! So uh, when is this coming out? For some reason I suddenly got totally interested in its 'story'. :maple:

9 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

5b90f4119074c5897251b1826037e881_origina

Man, that chick... :o

Where's she from? Schwarzesmarken right?! So uh, when is this coming out? For some reason I suddenly got totally interested in its 'story'. :maple:

Yeah I saw that and reacted the same way. Hnnng....

Then I noticed the "all-ages" tag on it, and my interest in the "story" died down a bit :sacchan:

Think its this girl:

50787.jpg

Parts of the game is already out in Japanese. Though, idk about the English version.

English version of Schwarzesmarken situation looks like this:

There will be demo released on Steam, but after they finalize all, or almost all of Muv Luv kicstarter promises.
If there will be much interest and good sales for MuvLuv, there will be a full translation and release.

So, around 2019 Schwarzesmarken release looks reasonable.

1 hour ago, Dergonu said:

Yeah I saw that and reacted the same way. Hnnng....

Then I noticed the "all-ages" tag on it, and my interest in the "story" died down a bit :sacchan:

lol, yeah that hurts the 'story' quite a bit indeed. :P

Well, we'll see. I'll still keep an eye on it. It looks pretty great actually. I certainly wouldn't mind a new MuvLuv Alternative with an improved cast of characters. Wonder how long it is - the length entry is missing on VNDB.

30 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

So, around 2019 Schwarzesmarken release looks reasonable.

Eh, seriously? Does the translator first has to learn Japanese before he can start, or why does it take so long? :blink:

Edited by ChaosRaven

They still have the following things to take care of:

- Alternative pc (no ero)

- Muv luv vita

- Alternative VITA

- Codex

- Hardcopies print.

- Phys. Codex print

- Physical goods shipment

- Photonflowers PC

- Photonmelodies PC

- Alternative PC (ero patch)

Edited by WinterfuryZX

1 hour ago, ChaosRaven said:

Well, only stuff that has to be translated should concern the translator(s). Merchandising stuff is most likely done by other people and comes with most VN releases, so I don't think it should affect translation time.

As Winterfury said. And also - Degica picked up Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, and it's being translated by main guy in 'muv luv' team, Evan. He did more than a half of this very long VN, so he will probably finish KimiGa before Schwarzesmarken. Or maybe they will hire somebody else for that. We'll see. I was little sarcastic about that '2019' but there is certainly a lot of waiting ahead of us.

11 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

[Schwarzesmarken] I'll still keep an eye on it. It looks pretty great actually. I certainly wouldn't mind a new MuvLuv Alternative with an improved cast of characters. Wonder how long it is - the length entry is missing on VNDB.

I asked on vndb and got answer. :P

On 11/25/2016 at 7:54 PM, Decay said:

If you care about script quality at all, which you probably should if you're reading such a story-heavy game like Alternative, just be patient and wait for the better translation. I absolutely cannot fathom people wanting to read the FanTL at this point.

The superior fan translation, not full of "Dudes!" and "Man!" and "Wowzers!"

• 7 months later...
4 minutes ago, MFrost said:

Bumping this because I've heard ZERO news.
So for those of us that bought the physical copies, how long do we wait? I honestly regret actually caving in 2 months later after they asked to go and pay for it.

Not sure where you've been listening for your ZERO news, because they updated the Kickstarter just in the last couple of weeks. Here's the most recent post with relevant information: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/posts/1859716. It does not, for instance, include an actual release date announcement, but at least they think they're close (though I've very recently heard some rumblings that their public messaging has been overly optimistic this whole time and likely still is). At any rate, nobody knows "how long do we wait", but at least they are quite clearly working on it.

1 hour ago, MFrost said:

Bumping this because I've heard ZERO news.
So for those of us that bought the physical copies, how long do we wait? I honestly regret actually caving in 2 months later after they asked to go and pay for it.

The physical copies won't be shipping until 2018.

• 1 month later...

So I think it may be time to express disapproval as if comments and sources (which I've checked) are to be believed it seems as if they do not plan to supply an 18+ patch for MUV-LUV Alternative. More pissed at the blatant lying about getting a patch than the lack of a patch to be honest. 

cabfe on July 31

1. Will there be a Director's Patch for MLA too?

2. The Muv-Luv Team Creator on August 2

@Axeman - The android port is still in our to-do list, the developers may possibly work on it together w/the side stories. We'll keep you updated :) 
    @Konadust - We're trying to finish MLA port as early as we could to deliver all goods this year, including the vita copies. 
    @cabfe - The content is too minimal to have a patch, since gore/violent scenes will be left untouched. If the developers decided to make one, it still won't be top priority since we still have a lot of pending items to finish. 
    @Mike - All apparels have been manufactured for quite some time already. 
    @Chris - They look awesome! Thanks for sharing :)

6 hours ago, kyrt said:

So I think it may be time to express disapproval as if comments and sources (which I've checked) are to be believed it seems as if they do not plan to supply an 18+ patch for MUV-LUV Alternative. More pissed at the blatant lying about getting a patch than the lack of a patch to be honest. 

cabfe on July 31

1. Will there be a Director's Patch for MLA too?

2. The Muv-Luv Team Creator on August 2

@Axeman - The android port is still in our to-do list, the developers may possibly work on it together w/the side stories. We'll keep you updated :) 
    @Konadust - We're trying to finish MLA port as early as we could to deliver all goods this year, including the vita copies. 
    @cabfe - The content is too minimal to have a patch, since gore/violent scenes will be left untouched. If the developers decided to make one, it still won't be top priority since we still have a lot of pending items to finish. 
    @Mike - All apparels have been manufactured for quite some time already. 
    @Chris - They look awesome! Thanks for sharing :)

Yeah, it's so stupid. I'd be demanding a refund, had I actually pledged more than 1 dollar for this. (Glad I chose not to back any more.) They straight up lied about the patch. I'm sure many people backed because they knew the patch was coming, so this should cause quite the shitstorm I'd imagine. 

Another censored western release I'll be reading in JP instead, I guess.