Muv Luv: A Pretty Sweet Visual Novel Series Kickstarter [MILLION DOLLAR BABY]

Down

seriously, 1 hour and it was past 100K, I never imagined that there'd be so many people funding this. Hell, some of the higher tiers are already completed & unavailable?!? That's insane. In the membrane. I'd really only be interested in it if the side stories & photon flowers/melodies also get translated. I'm all for more Captain Izumi, Munakata & Touko stuff. Irritates the hell out of me that I couldn't get anywhere with them in Altered Fable besides a VS. Match in volleyball. I wonder how long it will last before it trickles down to a halt...if ever.

It's pretty awesome that it got funded within just a few hours of release. That's pretty unusual with stretch goals of 250K+. Even for a VN series like Muv Luv.

It makes shudder to think what official ports of F/SN on Kickstarter could garner.

That would be scary.

Lol, I won't even be surprise if Type-Moon asks for a million for localizing F/SN and they get it. :P

Localized = translated from Japanese to English and released on chosen platforms, localized games have often the most up to date graphic assets and other things.

This Kickstarter is getting a lot of polishing.

Thanks, but isn't Muv Luv already English translated? Or was it only fan-translated?

Also are you saying that the graphics as well change?

Thanks, but isn't Muv Luv already English translated? Or was it only fan-translated?

Read "The Project" "Project Timeline" and "Why Kickstarter" tabs here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/description

Yes they are UPGRADING the PC version with a lot of new stuff, and what is the most important assets from PS3.

MikeY91, on 25 Sept 2015 - 10:56 AM, said:

Muv Luv only got a fan-translation, it is getting the kickstarter treatment (like Clannad and Grisaia) in order for an "official" more polished version to be released in English. There are some stretch goals for new assets that will appear in-game, a vita version, an extended lore guide, and for the photon side stories to be translated as well.

Read "The Project" "Project Timeline" and "Why Kickstarter" tabs here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/description

Yes they are UPGRADING the PC version with a lot of new stuff, and what is the most important assets from PS3.

Ah I see now, thanks !

How long would you think it will take to finish the project? I haven't played Muv Luv yet so I might just wait.

Keep spreading the word everyone. Post on your twitter/facebook 10x a day, alert your grandparents, hand out fliers outside of school, heck teach your pet gold fish how to play Visual Novels so they'll appreciate Muv Luv too!

1mil pledges IS TOTALLY HAPPENING! Keep it coming like Zerglings feasting on a poor Terran base. 

I think the kickstarter got 60k pledged in 20 min haha, some people really wanted those high tier rewards^^

Predicting from data solely from day 1 (which is stupid of course because of the high tier rewards that people rushed to obtain, and also because of day 1 hype), it was estimated that the KS would reach 6 million dollars by the end of it  :makina:

I was surprised the highest tier pledge reward is already gone. People have spare $5,000 in the bank for KS Pledging?!

Oh and there's 1 more $300 pledge reward up for grabs. But it's just Takemikazuchi vs F22A Raptor, Decal Sheet, and Yuuko's Gift Bag added from $200 pledge. 

I would pledge 150$, but not getting 18+ physicals hurts. And we're getting another shady stuff... No mentioning 18+ anywhere, I just wish for official statement, and not like answer on reddit that they'll probably create patch -.-

I guess I'll wait till 720k$

If they would add patch on separate DVDs in Collector's box I wouldn't mind.

360k in the first 24h

It'll probably hit 400k in the next 24h.

I think the kickstarter got 60k pledged in 20 min haha, some people really wanted those high tier rewards^^

Predicting from data solely from day 1 (which is stupid of course because of the high tier rewards that people rushed to obtain, and also because of day 1 hype), it was estimated that the KS would reach 6 million dollars by the end of it  :makina:

I was surprised the highest tier pledge reward is already gone. People have spare $5,000 in the bank for KS Pledging?!

Oh and there's 1 more $300 pledge reward up for grabs. But it's just Takemikazuchi vs F22A Raptor, Decal Sheet, and Yuuko's Gift Bag added from $200 pledge. 

1st $5000 was gone instantly when the KS went up.  The other one went at about 30 min after it.

I was part of a Kickstarter for Camelot Unchained, a MMORPG. There were was 10, 10,000$ Tiers that contained a host of awesome stuff like owning your own Inn in the game / your own island, those all sold out fairly quickly.

Never underestimate rich people with hobbies!

I would pledge 150$, but not getting 18+ physicals hurts. And we're getting another shady stuff... No mentioning 18+ anywhere, I just wish for official statement, and not like answer on reddit that they'll probably create patch -.-

I guess I'll wait till 720k$

If they would add patch on separate DVDs in Collector's box I wouldn't mind.

360k in the first 24h

It'll probably hit 400k in the next 24h.

How many times do I have to say it they've confirmed 18+ they just can't mention it on the kickstarter. They mentioned it in the prefundia, in their twitter, on reddit, on facebook, etc... The only place they can't mention it is Kickstarter (at least until the kickstarter is done). Kickstarter is now a benefits corporation which unfortunately is even worse for visual novels than it used to be.